World War Zombies

Map Showcase
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
When you advance your technology the Unit upgrades don't apply to newly built unit buildings.

IE:

I'll have one airport, after building the Advanced Technology it'll unlock the Ship.
But when I build a new one, "The Ship" remains locked although I still have my Tech building.
yeah, i want to be able to move people around in a lobby more than anyone but blizzard made that really hard and others complain about not knowing how to do it either. I know it can be done somehow but i dont want to tinker with it, because if its wrong then people will have screwed lobbies temporarly
its extremely difficult for humans to win against camping upgraded zombies because their ultralisk + bane ball are too efficient. Please let humans build airports again inside tunnel
so game will be ending more faster. Come on, by the time zombies are camping humans are extremely safe and cant lose because likely they have BCs outside tunnel...so zombie cant win anyways.
I just witnessed something strange in a game, likely a glitch. right at the start, the player in Russia sent his units to kill the zombies in the north-east corner. The zombie player(his name was Raikken) had just built a pit at the nearby location in northern russia. The zombie pit suddenly started producing zombies at an extremely fast rate(maybe 10-15 per second). The humans quickly lost the game. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure pits aren't meant to train zombies that quickly.
^that means zombies made stacked pits in single gas area. Yes that bug is back.

I noticed that WWzombies are at 2nd page now, and many players are noobs.
McClane, unless you work with profeesional mappers I fear your map will disappear soon.
Get serious please, I would hate to see this map unplayed an deserted.
^^ agreed. This map has the potential to turn into something great. Please don't waste it.
In two weeks I am going to Europe, If this map doesn't kick off to its potential as caparosmith said, I will be making my own version when I come back in 2012 from my holiday.

* heroes
*upgrades
* FFA style play with toggle alliances, similarly zombies will not be as powerful.
*more units, will probally try to make a global version not just Europe.

The stacking has to be removed it is far too powerful, I find myself slaughtering everyone when I play zombie ( as thats all I play :P)
while you're at this, check out my new zombie map!

naz^zombies: the void

(based off of !@#$ zombies from call of duty)
^that means zombies made stacked pits in single gas area. Yes that bug is back.

I noticed that WWzombies are at 2nd page now, and many players are noobs.
McClane, unless you work with profeesional mappers I fear your map will disappear soon.
Get serious please, I would hate to see this map unplayed an deserted.

My offer is already posted. I made WW2 Diplo if you want to check out what I can do but he doesn't want help.
YOUR MOTHER!!!!

(lol generic insult)
Zombie air needs their cost increased. They can have 20+ scourges invading blue before blue can even get 6 banshees in the air.
In two weeks I am going to Europe, If this map doesn't kick off to its potential as caparosmith said, I will be making my own version when I come back in 2012 from my holiday.

* heroes
*upgrades
* FFA style play with toggle alliances, similarly zombies will not be as powerful.
*more units, will probally try to make a global version not just Europe.

The stacking has to be removed it is far too powerful, I find myself slaughtering everyone when I play zombie ( as thats all I play :P)

I like this guy's suggestions. QUICK STEAL THEM BEFORE 2012!
can this map be played players vs AI? is there AI system in this game or is it epic fail?
Hey McClane - I'm the map maker for World War Z on Warcraft 3 (Dante117)
I took over the editing with TheRussianLord (who turned out to be kinda useless)
when the original mapmaker Nosferatu abandoned the map. All of the versions of the map that became popularized were made by me. Sorry i never saw this thread till now, i would have loved to help you with the map, even give you some unprotected original versions, whatever you needed. I wanted to make this myself, but now that I'm active duty military, i just don't ahve the time and the SC2 map maker program is vastly different (to me) than the WC3 one

anyways I'd love to help make the map everything that it used to be and more, email me at my battle.net email:
joseph.r.downey@gmail.com
I also noticed that this game is missing one of the most key triggers in the entire game... that when i unit is killed by a zombie, that unit turns into a zombie.
The map's already dead. He didn't really take care of it well and wasn't responsive as a mapmaker. People played it out of nostalgia, saw it was bad and not getting fixed, and so everyone abandoned it. He basically got in over his head in making a fanboy map is all.
well nothing that is started cannot be finished. Popularity comes and goes, so that doesn't concern me. if anything I'm glad that it is UNpopular at the moment, because in my opinion id like to see a finished product (or close to it) before it is released
Hey Atreides,

You might want to check out the map I made (WW2 Diplo) so you can get some ideas on what, exactly, can be done for the map.

Here is the thing though, I offered McClane my help when WW2 Diplo was low popularity. Even reported some bugs to him and told him how to fix them. He turned me away.

The sheer amount of exploits he never bothered to fix means that the map was eventually going to die on its own.
Hey Fockewulf

I added u as a friend on SC and was wanting to talk to you about this actually. McClane agreed to email me a copy of the map file so i could take a look at things and see what needed to be improved.

I have played your map actually and think its really great. A bit slow-paced IMO i think all the units overall should just have less health or something.. it takes 4 tanks a good minute to kill one rifleman. now, i understand that each unit is representative or a squadron or w/e but still its the general gameplay feel. but then again, i can't help comparing it to World War Z Classic (the last one i released for WC3)
I love your map terrain, especially the size of it and i confess i really don't know a whole lot about triggers and am not very good at terraining. I know that world war zombie needs some visible income counters as well as a diplomacy system. Seeing as you already have that in your map, I am of the opinion that your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I may not be good at triggers or terrain, but what i do excel at is balance. I think a fun game is a fair game with no undue bias toward a particular exploit, unit or strategy. There should be no unit (for humans or zombies) that massing said unit means GG.
eagleman is pretty much right, but i wasnt over my head i patched and patched to my ability which i made transparent to the public so they would know im nothing special.. at least i made a functional map with some balances which can be worked on.. hopefully i can find the time to help atriedes here