Y' know you spend too much time on the forums

Joeyray's Bar
When...

... You find out a patch was released by looking at the QQ threads in the forums, because you almost never step by the home page, just go to the forums directly
... You're an expert concerning how to write a patch note.
... You know what I'm talking about when I say: 'And wha'd you know, everything was blown sky high' and 'That goddam proti-'
... You've participated in the 'Science & Knowlege-themed thread derailment' (That thread that was complaining about Sentries being OP, and then everybody started posting scientific stuff)
... You know what the 'OP unit of the week' is.
... You've also participated in the threads 'You know if you are a Terran/Zerg/Protoss player'
... When you see that a 'blue' has commented on some thread, you immediatly go there and read, even though you are totally not interested on what the topic is about.

And last but not least....

... You press 'P' on your browser bar and 'Protoss discussion' appears first than any P*rn site...

EDIT: Lets see what you people got for this list :P
1 yes
2 no
3 yes, except the everything was blown sky high? I bet it did terrible, terrible damage.
4 no
5 yes BFH FTW!
6 no
7 no
8 NO

YES I DONT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE FORUMS!!!!

Now if you excuse me i must go look up cute kittenz on teh interwebs
also, you know the significance of the word kitchencraft
08/09/2011 05:39 PMPosted by DoomerX
YES I DONT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE FORUMS!!!!

Son, I am disappoint

(jk)

08/09/2011 07:51 PMPosted by fireandice

Well, I'll be damned, I don't know what it means (I guess is a starcraft II meme, but no idea). Guess I don't spend enough time on the forums D:
08/09/2011 08:07 PMPosted by VoodooChild

Well, I'll be damned, I don't know what it means (I guess is a starcraft II meme, but no idea). Guess I don't spend enough time on the forums D:

nothing big, but a couple of weeks ago, someone started a thread on archons, and whether they were tier 3 or 4. somehow, i dont remember how, it got hijacked and we began talking about the balance of "KitchenCraft", an rts with three races: Cuisine, Utensils, and Appliances. I'll try and give you an example.

Hi everyone

How do i counter mass toasters as utensils. I have tried just about everything. Mass forks just gets cant get through the toast, and knives get tangled up in the snare effect of lightly toasted toast. the only thing that seems to deal effectively with the toast is steak knives, and the toasters hard counter anything in the Metal tech tree. I have tried Wooden Chopsticks, but they cant reach the toasters before the toasters do terrible, terrible damage

The main problem i see is that you let the sticks get tied up in the toast. If you tank with spoons, then get the chop sticks to flank the toast and get into the toasters, then they can just completely destroy the toasters, chop sticks have +10 armor against electrical attacks, negating the toasters only close in defense. if this is late game, or you scout that this is all he has, then invest in steak knives and get the wooden handle upgrade. these are the ultimate anti toaster unit. they have the durability to get past the bread and they also have an impressive armor bonus against electrical attacks with wooden handles. just be careful of. . . well, just about everything, since wooden handle lowers there armor by 2, making them cost ineffective against just about anything else.

we had 25 pages of stuff like this, discussing everything from early soup harass to the power of a late game Appliance army with ovens, before blizzard realized that their most popular topic had nothing to do with archons, and deleted it. it was pretty epic while it lasted.
08/10/2011 09:28 AMPosted by fireandice

nothing big, but a couple of weeks ago, someone started a thread on archons, and whether they were tier 3 or 4. somehow, i dont remember how, it got hijacked and we began talking about the balance of "KitchenCraft", an rts with three races: Cuisine, Utensils, and Appliances. I'll try and give you an example.

The main problem i see is that you let the sticks get tied up in the toast. If you tank with spoons, then get the chop sticks to flank the toast and get into the toasters, then they can just completely destroy the toasters, chop sticks have +10 armor against electrical attacks, negating the toasters only close in defense. if this is late game, or you scout that this is all he has, then invest in steak knives and get the wooden handle upgrade. these are the ultimate anti toaster unit. they have the durability to get past the bread and they also have an impressive armor bonus against electrical attacks with wooden handles. just be careful of. . . well, just about everything, since wooden handle lowers there armor by 2, making them cost ineffective against just about anything else.

we had 25 pages of stuff like this, discussing everything from early soup harass to the power of a late game Appliance army with ovens, before blizzard realized that their most popular topic had nothing to do with archons, and deleted it. it was pretty epic while it lasted.

Kitchen Craft 2 - Sporks of Liberty
Silverware League, NA Server
Most Played Race: Utensil - "Appliance is OP, Cuisine is IMBA"

Alright, Ytternal's back baby! So now that everything's back on track with the new patch, I'd like you all to tell me that Utensil is no longer underpowered. I'd like you to tell me that spoons can wall off against a decent six-bowl Cuisine rush, forks can now live long enough to deal dps, and knives actually counter toasters. Now, go to the mirror, and punch yourself in the face for saying that.

If my spoons really were the perfect tanks, why do they die in one shot to a well executed BBQ push. If my forks really were meant to kill things, why do I find myself teching to ice cream scoops blindly each day. If knives really do counter toasters, then why am I still in Silverware when I could be in Master Chefs massing Tier One (*ahem* Appliance *ahem*)??? Just because ice cream scoops deny all frost weapons does not mean we should have buffed up toothpicks as our infantry. How often to games even reach freezer tech, when BBQ and Toasters own us in both match-ups? Even UvU has nothing but knives shanking other knives till the other guy falls asleep...

Don't get me started on sporks either, and why we spend half the game with these guys just to reach our scoops (if we can).

Kitchen Craft 2 - Sporks of Liberty
Silverware League, NA Server
Most Played Race: Utensil - "Appliance is OP, Cuisine is IMBA"

Alright, Ytternal's back baby! So now that everything's back on track with the new patch, I'd like you all to tell me that Utensil is no longer underpowered. I'd like you to tell me that spoons can wall off against a decent six-bowl Cuisine rush, forks can now live long enough to deal dps, and knives actually counter toasters. Now, go to the mirror, and punch yourself in the face for saying that.

If my spoons really were the perfect tanks, why do they die in one shot to a well executed BBQ push. If my forks really were meant to kill things, why do I find myself teching to ice cream scoops blindly each day. If knives really do counter toasters, then why am I still in Silverware when I could be in Master Chefs massing Tier One (*ahem* Appliance *ahem*)??? Just because ice cream scoops deny all frost weapons does not mean we should have buffed up toothpicks as our infantry. How often to games even reach freezer tech, when BBQ and Toasters own us in both match-ups? Even UvU has nothing but knives shanking other knives till the other guy falls asleep...

Don't get me started on sporks either, and why we spend half the game with these guys just to reach our scoops (if we can).

Well tell me how r u gonna counter the inevitable sushi cheese from cuisine? i always have my Utensil drawer die as a distraction as i pull off all my teaspoons off the lettuce line and attack thier main base. Any suggestions?
.....ok let's just make another thread for this and not just hijack this one guys

EDIT: it's kind of !@#$%^-y if you didn't know
.....ok let's just make another thread for this and not just hijack this one guys

EDIT: it's kind of !@#$%^-y if you didn't know

every time kitchencraft has come up, it has been through a hijack. just followin' a tradition.
still.....wouldn't it be better to do something like what zorca did and make multiple threads for kitchencraft???
08/10/2011 09:02 PMPosted by Fluppuple
anyone know how to defeat a melon baller rush into Cheese Grater push>

sigh (facepalmheaddesk)
08/10/2011 09:00 PMPosted by Galvian
still.....wouldn't it be better to do something like what zorca did and make multiple threads for kitchencraft???

Actually, I'm finding this whole thing of kitchencraft pretty funny. I guess that hijacking threads is another symptom of spending too much on the forums,

08/10/2011 09:02 PMPosted by Fluppuple
anyone know how to defeat a melon baller rush into Cheese Grater push>

Marinated chicken+french fries All-in seems the only alternative in CvC (?)
08/11/2011 03:55 AMPosted by VoodooChild
Marinated chicken+french fries All-in seems the only alternative in CvC (?)

but if you are utensils, the strainer takes the place of marinated chiken, and our spoons just arent good support units. i always end up massing up toasters and turtle for a while until i can get enough frides for a drop on their lettuce line.
I have a ton of trouble with the dressing bottle from cuisine.... Its AoE root is really powerful and if the enemy masses them up then my tongs ball becomes super innefective and harass turns into a gamble. how should I counter it? I've tried a frying pan push because of their immunity to roots and their large size means they can ignore the AoE a lot... But the dressing bottles can just kite and If I try doing drawer drops behind them the drawers get gakked up with the dressing....
You need to be sure to get a teaspoon with you so it can build toasters while the toothpicks act as cannon fodder to die and use up all the salad bottle's energy. then u can use the teaspoon to make a china shop so you can spawn tea cups in the enemy base and mop them up with knives!
Someone (IE not me) should actually make this game! XD
08/11/2011 07:23 PMPosted by Galvian
Someone (IE not me) should actually make this game! XD

+1
08/10/2011 09:28 AMPosted by fireandice

The Thread "Archon" Was epic.
XDDDD
yes it was, probably the best thread ever. Also i think someone is trying to make it.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2711931285
Not too sure how far along this is getting 'cuz it's been a while since it was ever posted on but...

also FYI the knifes are totally IMBA versus early game appliances. Toasters can't hold them off because they are too fast and are massed easily. Also if the enemy is good at their spoon micro they can fend off the toasters while they attack the mineral line. this needs to be fixed.