Why do they just remove Protoss upgrades?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 20 Next
Pretty sure Void Ray speed would be hard countered by the modern infestor. Don't know why it's still an issue. Zerg players just had no idea how to play in the first 3 months of 1.0. They whined about VRs being op, and they got nerfed. Now, infestors absolutely embarass void ray harassment. Where were the Infestors at launch? That's right, zerg had no idea that they had a unit that wasn't Roach, Muta, or Ling.
Actually, toss is the only race that can mass just one unit, and still win with it...

Blink Stalkers.

How is that even possible? Terran can't make Marauders, and Zerg can't make Roaches? Stalkers are a cake walk to kill.

It's not like Terran can't make only Marines, and win games in a major tournament. Oh wait...........
09/01/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Newtype
Where were the Infestors at launch?

They were doing half the dps they do now. Fungal took FOREVER to kill or even damage anything. By the time Fungal would have scared away a VR's they would have leveled half your base.
Eh, don't worry. You'll probably get some new cool stuff in the next expansion, and even more in the 3rd expansion.
Oh, so you're a moron.

Glad we clarified.

I said absurdly overpowered in team games. I didn't say slightly overpowered. You obviously weren't around or have forgotten the mass unstoppable void ray days.

Anyhow dude, cry however much you want. Flux vanes were not removed for 1v1 and weren't used in 1v1.

Void Rays are still pretty ridiculously overpowered in team games. I've only beaten them once, and even then, I almost lost, I just hit the window right before he got critical mass and killed all of them with marines.
I wouldn't repsond to DukeInstinct anymore.............
09/01/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Xenomorph
Protoss needed voids for early pressure against zerg, but instead of buffing zerg stuff early on they just nerfed void over and over again.

What early stuff should they buff? Lings and roaches don't attack air. Spores would still be limited by their range no matter how much damage they did. Do you really want queens nullifying your VR's they second they get into my base?
Void ray speed was nerfed for being absurdly good in teams. It was not used in 1v1 in any serious capacity. It did not affect 1v1 balance to remove.

I strongly doubt they removed a upgrade for protoss because of 2v2's or 3v3's etc. Blizz had there reasons i forget what it was. But no it was not for team games at all :p
Actually, toss is the only race that can mass just one unit, and still win with it...

Blink Stalkers.

How is that even possible? Terran can't make Marauders, and Zerg can't make Roaches? Stalkers are a cake walk to kill.

It's not like Terran can't make only Marines, and win games in a major tournament. Oh wait...........

Roaches vs. blink stalkers?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA surely you jest!
09/01/2011 10:33 AMPosted by XiceshardsX

What early stuff should they buff? Lings and roaches don't attack air. Spores would still be limited by their range no matter how much damage they did. Do you really want queens nullifying your VR's they second they get into my base?

Depending what you mean by early you only have to get a lair inorder to build :

Hydras
Mutas
Infestors -- Fungal/Infested marines.

Those already do very well against VR's, there's no reason to buff them. The problem is that VR's can come out much earlier than Lair tech and our Hatch tech is mediocre at best for dealing with air.

I'm not advocating buffs or nerfs either way. I mostly wanted you to explain your "they shouldn't have nerfed VR's they should have buffed Zerg" assertion.
You Protosses are retarded. It was MASS voidrays with speed that was the problem. I don't know your level of play, you make it seems like zergs are noobs or something. If you didnt play in the beta, mass voidrays literally destroyed any unit composition. Kiting + charge damage + speed meant it was impossbile to beat them unless your made a dedicated 200 army to deal with voids alone. Then the remainder of the forces would clean up everything cause the voids would run back, and hydras get demolished.

It was in the game to begin with, and they tried it for a very long time.
It just wasn't fair. Trust that blizzard had all the data they needed and no whiney scrub coming back 4 months later restating something that was proven too powerful is going to change their mind.

Why does protoss keeping crying over something that has been dealt with? same with KA.

deal with it.
says the silver zerg player.. rofl dont say toss is easy to play until you can atleast get to a decent league with the 1a race (zerg)