North American Amateur Star League Season 4

Protoss Discussion
Hello everyone,

The NAASL (not NASL) is back with it's 4th open season. Anyone wishing to sign up is welcome. There is no entry fee and no league requirement, this tournament is for anybody wishing to have some fun.

Sign up at http://www.naasleague.com. Those of you who played in previous season will have to create new accounts due to changes that had to be made to the user login system.

The season begins September 12, 2011 and will run in the same weekly format as past seasons.

For those of you not familiar with our system, there is a 6 week season during which each player plays 1 best of 3 series. There is no elimination (that's the beauty of a swiss bracket) so everyone gets to compete for the entire 6 weeks, and losing 1 week doesn't mean you still can't win the whole tournament.

At the end of the 6 weeks there will be 1 tiebreaker week for anyone overlapping 32nd place, followed by a single elimination bracket for the top 32 players. The winner of this bracket will receive the $25 dollar prize. Second place receives $15 and Third $10.

More information is available at www.naasleague.com

FAQs

Q: Are you associated with the North American Star League?

A: No. This site and tournament was created before NASL existed or was even announced and the names are a coincidence. Please do not associate us with NASL

Q: I'm a casual game can I still play

A: Yes. This tournament is meant for casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike. The way the swiss system works is that each week you will be paired against someone sharing the same record as you, so the matches become more even week to week.

Q: Do I have to have a battle.net account on the North American Servers

A: Yes
Just as a heads up, you got a 404 on your website if you click the sign up for an event, it takes you to the "you must be signed in" page; which prompts you to sign in or register, if you click register on that page, you receive a 404.
09/01/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Titan
Just as a heads up, you got a 404 on your website if you click the sign up for an even, it takes you to the "you must be signed in" page; which prompts you to sign in or register, if you click register on that page, you receive a 404.

Thank you very much for pointing this out. Will be fixed immediately.
bump
Umm question. Wat days would we do thematches and wat times cause I do have skool and am involved with robotics witch takes up a lot of my time. If it was player devised times between the two players that would be nice but yah thats my question.
09/04/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Cheese
Umm question. Wat days would we do thematches and wat times cause I do have skool and am involved with robotics witch takes up a lot of my time. If it was player devised times between the two players that would be nice but yah thats my question.

The time is set by the players. It just has to be within a given week but can be anytime any day that both people agree on.
bump
Tournament starts tomorrow! Last chance to sign up!
any chance someone still has the brackets or results of this tournament?