Forum Idea: Show the ammount of likes/dislike

General Discussion
Basically i was thinking about how the like/dislike system works, and it really is a very difficult way to tell whether or not a post was 'highly liked' (or not) was if it had 20 'thumbs up'

I propose we show a counter that will allow us to see the amounts of likes and dislikes, preferably at the top of a post where the thumbs up/down symbols are. This would just give us a little more information, and it'll show the likes or dislikes by saying something like '+1,+0, or -1', depending on the amount of votes it receives.
I would really like this, as I look through the forums I always thumbs up and thumbs down, but its annoying that I can't see if the majority agrees are disagrees with me D:
I feel like my votes are just going into the void and not actually being counted T_T

Edit: I liked your comment, but no one can see...
technically, i would have a +1 right now thx to kirkons hahah.

09/28/2011 05:27 PMPosted by Kirkons
Edit: I liked your comment, but no one can see...
this is exactly why we need it hahah, we don't want to need to have 20 people to like before someone notices it as 'highly rated'
I would like that as well (for my own posts - I'm always curious) but I believe they made a comment as to why they didn't do that once - something about they were still discussing\looking in to what Reputation is and how they want it to function on the forums, so they currently left it how it is. Don't take my word for it, though.

Either way, as a tip: Website Feedback is the right area for suggesting things like this.
09/28/2011 05:47 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Either way, as a tip: Website Feedback is the right area for suggesting things like this.
eh, its General discussion, so I guess this is a pretty General subject, besides this place would probably get more views in the process.
09/28/2011 05:09 PMPosted by FLSquirrel
Basically i was thinking about how the like/dislike system works, and it really is a very difficult way to tell whether or not a post was 'highly liked' (or not) was if it had 20 'thumbs up'

We don't think that it would be particularly productive if the number of players up-voting or down-voting was visible. We can see how players are responding, but we want individuals to feel free to up-vote or down-vote threads or posts based on their reaction to the information, and not other potential factors.
09/28/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We don't think that it would be particularly productive if the number of players up-voting or down-voting was visible. We can see how players are responding, but we want individuals to feel free to up-vote or

Big Brother has spoken.
I can't downvote blizzard T_T

I don't really think peer pressure is an issue and if you are so concerned about it why not make it so after you like/dislike a post you can see the score it has. Make it so once you lock in you can't change it. This way you could have people give their honest opinions, but at the same time curious people such as myself could see what other people are thinking

We don't think that it would be particularly productive if the number of players up-voting or down-voting was visible. We can see how players are responding, but we want individuals to feel free to up-vote or down-vote threads or posts based on their reaction to the information, and not other potential factors.

first off wow i got a blue post yay, :D

Anyways yeah I see what you are saying, Now that I think about it, when players are allowed to see the ratings it will probably influence them in some way, and kinda prevents them from developing their own opinions and would kinda downgrade the forums, (cause what kind of forum would it be if everyone would just agree with each other? Granted that would make you feel all fuzzy inside every time you get +1000 likes for no reason, the quality of the discussion would get pretty poor.)

hahah thx

Help, I'm being followed! You've posted just after me twice now. :P
We don't think that it would be particularly productive if the number of players up-voting or down-voting was visible. We can see how players are responding, but we want individuals to feel free to up-vote or down-vote threads or posts based on their reaction to the information, and not other potential factors

Maybe we could show the total number of thumbs up/down after we vote. That way it wouldn't influence our vote and it would actually give incentive for people to express their opinion through the voting system.

What? I think it would be more productive if we were actually able to gage how many people disagreed/agreed with any given posts/contentions so that we could recognize good, and popular ideas.

What? I think it would be more productive if we were actually able to gage how many people disagreed/agreed with any given posts/contentions so that we could recognize good, and popular ideas.

That already happens when a post becomes highly rated or gets buried. Popular doesn't necessarily equate with 'good' though, merely popular.
09/28/2011 06:16 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That already happens when a post becomes highly rated or gets buried. Popular doesn't necessarily equate with 'good' though, merely popular.

Could we please get your honest opinion on the reduced stalker attack delay idea? We got mostly very positive feedback on it from the community. Just tell me straight up... Does it have a shot or is it a lost cause?
Can you reply to this?
I always wanted a reply from a blizzard employee...that would be so cool :D
Now now, we don't want this forum to be like reddit where people just start karma whoring.
:b
Now seems like a good time to lock the thread...