Gem Tower Defense Release

Map Showcase
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
Has anyone passed swarm on absurd mode? lvl 33 onwards is impossible... then its downhill if u cant kill the captains ..

11/12/2011 10:32 PMPosted by Pandaheadsan
Has anyone passed swarm on absurd mode? lvl 33 onwards is impossible... then its downhill if u cant kill the captains ..

Absurd swarm takes about 4 hours to complete and requires a lot of luck. You need to 1-shot at least 2 of the early combos, you need a quartz before level 24 and you need a jade before level 30. You need to micro your jades/frost towers to clump mobs and you need to micro your gold against captains so they all always have the debuff. You also need to get reasonably lucky with perfect gems in the late game (which is already 2 1/2 hours in).

Absurd win, which I'll probably never bother doing again. There's also a replay on the gemtd site if you actually want to watch a 4 hour replay for whatever reason.
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5354/screenshot2011111023084.jpg
Anyone have any issues with BSOD's on Gem tower Defense v3.7? Not my BSOD just a good friend of mine seems to get BSOD's on this particular map after about 30 mins of play. I didn't go into details with him what settings he used but anyone else get BSOD's in game after a certain amount of time?
Needs to be updated on SEA!! Still on 3.0!
BUG: The 1-3x modifier was added to gemtd. On 3x the mobs break in odd ways at times. The pathing shifts and sometimes aerial mobs will be stuck in circling loops in the air. The worst is the final boss. On two different occasions I have had it get stuck in my maze. It will not move and there is nothing you can do about it. Please fix this, otherwise x3 is simply too risk-prone to be worth using.
I just had the same issue as Cinc, I enjoy the x3 speed but if you play for that hour and the mob gets stuck then it's taking more time :/
So, anyone ever had unit glitches where units would literally get stuck at some point in your maze? By stuck, I would mean stuck, as in not moving.

EDIT: OK, so that answer is "yes".

'cause it sucks having Tassadar himself get glitched and be stuck.

12/02/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Cinc
BUG: The 1-3x modifier was added to gemtd. On 3x the mobs break in odd ways at times. The pathing shifts and sometimes aerial mobs will be stuck in circling loops in the air. The worst is the final boss. On two different occasions I have had it get stuck in my maze. It will not move and there is nothing you can do about it. Please fix this, otherwise x3 is simply too risk-prone to be worth using.

Let it the points count up - till you can't take it anymore. Then take a screenshot. LOL
In other word arieswind is a doosh who technically stole the war3 map from the original map maker (he doesn't even credit the original map makers), and even messed it up to piss everyone off besides himself. Because he doesn't care. This map should be removed from the map listing until he fixes it.
Hey guys,

For the gem chances in late game, for some reason I spent over 10 waves to get a perfect emerald for my special combo and NEVER got it. I was wondering if:

1. At the higher levels, absurd and such, are the gems actually randomized, I noticed from game to game that I had a prevalence to get certain types only (ie. some games I would never receive rubies).
2. Once again at higher levels, are the gem chances also reduced in any fashion, therefore explaining why I never got the gem I wanted.

Thanks a lot
i have to say i enjoy gem td but i have been having a problem with mobs getting stuck after lvl 41 and i cant kill them plz add a prod or something anyways thanks for the great game
My last boss sometimes is getting stuck!! He stops moving at that exactly location:
http://i.imgur.com/3ZLtr.jpg

Version 3.9.
is this a carbon copy of the wc3 map? (it was a classic)

hard to get games though...
Is it just me or is there never enough minerals for it to be wise to use Lucky Chance? (Seasoned player by the way, and I also used to play Gem TD for years on Warcraft 3)

I like Lucky chance because its another tool that added a level of skill to the game, you could plot out what towers you wanted and where you wanted them, and lucky chance gave you a way to use some of your gold to make it happen, instead of just playing 20 games and hoping for lady luck to give you all of what your after.

I would rather have more gold to be able to make use of lucky chance and have the maze that Im trying to make most games and just increase the difficulty of all difficult levels. To me that would be better than coming up short on the towers that I am trying to get.

It seems like about every 20 games or so I will manage to get what im after, and incase your wondering:

top priority
1x red crystal (only on extreme,insane,absurd)
1x Paraiba
1x Gold
1x Black Opal
1x Perfect Opal

second priority
1+ Great Pink
1+ Dark Emerald

Generally I dont manage to get 1 of all these towers, maybe one out of 10-20 games. If I could manage to get just one of each of these towers 1 out of 2 games then I would consider that pretty good. And if that means all the difficulty levels had the bar raised, I would be fine with that.

I just get so annoyed when most games my maze and plan gets no where near completed because luck just is not panning out and I cant make use of lucky chance because all my gold is being used to upgrade my handful of existing towers.
Need a -unstuck command for each wave in fact. got stuck 4 times already by not moving creeps. (especially they all stand away from any tower(beside purple). Had been an issue in WC3. all happened in X3 mode.
Just broke the 23m barrier on timed easy, loading soon.
anyone knows what happens if you combine 4 perfect gems of same color together or do they just go great ? like do they make a super great gem or no ? thanks later
Does anyone know why mobs sometime get stuck while running? Does it have to do with speed x3? I have used the same maze for 100+ games and mobs havent gotten stuck till recently. Tassadar freezing has cost me the 4M builder for Hard and the 3.5M builder for extreme. Please fix this Ares.
Great mod. Saw your decision on the slates. I'm sorry you feel that way.