From US to New Zealand

General Discussion
Will I be able to play on B.net?
I read that the US version was one of the few version that doesn't let you play on other international servers. Any truth to that?

EDIT: Isn't about gameplay...my bad.
Yeah, you got it right.

I moved from NZ to here, and I got to start a brand new NA extension of my NZ account.

But... going the other way won't work.

D:
Yeah, you got it right.

I moved from NZ to here, and I got to start a brand new NA extension of my NZ account.

But... going the other way won't work.

D:

Damn. So theoretically if I wanted to play online I would have to buy another copy of SC?

I'm not moving, just going down for a month, my family moved there though (but they do'n't play SC :P )
10/10/2011 04:50 PMPosted by chax
Damn. So theoretically if I wanted to play online I would have to buy another copy of SC?

Nope. Just keep using your US account while in NZ. Infact you'll get better ping than if you have a SEA account!

(that's why SEA customers got a free NA account, because the ping in some countries - NZ and Australia - is better to NA than to Singapore)
i om Argentina south America, can play the US version without lag, dunno across continents but im pretty far from servers
10/10/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Baron

Nope. Just keep using your US account while in NZ. Infact you'll get better ping than if you have a SEA account!

Wicked. Hope that proves the case for me too.
Cheers for the help guys!