Protoss cannon rush vs. terran

Terran Discussion
Been getting killed by Protoss who take their first probe warp in pylons and cannons inside ur bases b4 u have more than a handfulu (2) marines.I cant seem to stop them. Any suggestions
Not sure if serious
?
Here are some ideas to counter a cannon rush.

1. Scout your base, if you see him building in your base, but he hasn't made any cannons yet, kill his probe. This will stop cannon production.

2. Marauders in bunkers have an equal range with cannons. This will not stop the cannons that are already up, but it will stop him from coming within the bunker's range.

3.If worst comes to worst, lift your command center and leave with your scvs to your natural. You can keep making him waste money on cannons if you keep going to other bases.

Edit: 4. If he contains you with cannons, use siege tanks to break out.
scout your base. see a pylon or cannon going up? attack it with 4 SCVs. do the same with any pylon or cannon going up in your base. and set an SCV to follow the probe.
I usually just let them build cannons until one is in range of my CC. I don't bother taking a gas. Once they get close enough I just pick up my CC and move it. When he follow with his probe you can surround and kill it. If the Toss player has decent micro it's a PITA to catch the probe and they just keep dropping building everywhere. If you don't kill the probe you are likely screwed. I like letting them waste as much money and time on building stuff until it's a real danger. Then just pick up and leave. They'll feel pretty dumb and there's a good chance they've been microing their cannon rush so much that their base will be pretty unprotected.
look around your base and kill off the cannons after you scout the forge. if you dont kill them, lift off and fly to your natural
.........................................................................................................................

W.T.F.?
TRoll
ignorant noobs^ whats wrong with you poeple. He's asking for help check his ladder -.- listen to headcrab OP
You should have wayyyyy more than 2 marines... you should watch some HablyStarcraft or Day9 and see if you can't improve your game... You are in bronze after all...
Cannon rushing is something that happens from bronze to GM, and even great players can lose to it if caught off guard. Here are a few tricks to beating it:

1. Scout: you want to see it before it's too late.
2. Kill the Probe: no probe means no cannons.
3. Pull workers: I think around 5 is plenty to drop a pylon.
4. Build bunkers: a single well-placed bunker can save the day.
5. Prepare: a good cannon rusher has a plan for what to do when the cheese fails.
Thanks guys u have all given great info one thing I succeeded w/ was pulling all workers and attacking the first pylon. Any more thoughts?
10/28/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Killerberg
Thanks guys u have all given great info one thing I succeeded w/ was pulling all workers and attacking the first pylon. Any more thoughts?

That's the key. The other thing to keep in mind is that cannon rush is stupid and weak versus terran. You can usually stop it any stage. Even if you manage to completely miss a bunch of pylons and cannons massing in your own base, you are probably okay. By the time he has lots of crap built in your base, you should have lots of units. Marauders are very strong against cannons. With stim they can tear through any number of them. And sieged tanks can destroy them without taking any damage. Just keep that in mind - marauders or tanks - and you will be fine. Once you clean up the cannons, attack immediately because there won't be much in his base.

A smarter protoss will hide a pylon in or next to your base, warp in some zealots and sentries, and forcefield you out of your own main. This is a truly scary and embarrassing scenario. It helps if you build supply depots at the far corners of your base for vision.
Here are some ideas to counter a cannon rush.

1. Scout your base, if you see him building in your base, but he hasn't made any cannons yet, kill his probe. This will stop cannon production.

2. Marauders in bunkers have an equal range with cannons. This will not stop the cannons that are already up, but it will stop him from coming within the bunker's range.

3.If worst comes to worst, lift your command center and leave with your scvs to your natural. You can keep making him waste money on cannons if you keep going to other bases.

Edit: 4. If he contains you with cannons, use siege tanks to break out.

This.
Kill the probe. If for some reason you dont, lift off your cc and move. Then tech to tanks and outrange him with seige. I lost to a cannon rush because I forgot to scout my base... and I attacked with an unseiged tank. Should have waited... lol :)
10/15/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Boss
Not sure if serious

Look at his rank. He is serious.

First thing is when they do cannon rushes vs terran this is just a bad strat and you should scout your own base with an SCV while you are building your barracks.

Second thing, you can click on the item warping in and see if it's a cannon or a pylon. Take 4 SCVs per cannon and attack only the cannons, the reason for this is pylons have more health and gain health faster when they are warping in.

Third thing, if they do something where they take their probe and go behind the minerals and put 2 pylons on either side of them and start to warp in a cannon just pick up your command center and move it to your natural but wait till they start warping in the cannon before you pick up.

If you have any more questions about this let us know.
Bronze. There's nothing OP in something where people take 45 minutes to get maxed out on one base. If you're really having only two marines out when you see like 3 cannons building, you're doing it wrong. 3 cannons + a pylon + forge + pylon for cannons = 800 minerals. 1 barracks + 1 depot + 2 marines = 350 marines. Macro better, build more barracks, throw down a bunker. etc.