Without fundamentally destabilizing the game

General Discussion
This is a quote from the SC2 Devs when they talk about giving terran more stuff...

They are already too strong for having too many units... now you give them even more ways of defending their bases.... like they did not have enough..... more ways of making their units more useful... and more ways of crushing their opponents in the late game... i thought that was the issue in WOL... now in HOTS its the same old same old... devs are loving their terran-craft
Terran's Bio is too versatile, its agreed, however, at the same time bio is a versatile composition, if you try to go mech you have as much versatility as a shootgun on ww2, you can't shoot down planes with it.
They gave terran new mech units to make full mech and mech based compositions more efective than just on some all ins or as some gimmick playstile.
They fixed mech's main problem, being HARD countered by chargelots even if you have BFH, gave it a more usefull AA unit, and made the thor something to actualy be feared.
They also, to balance things out, gave zerg 2 new ways to break siege lines using the viper and the swarm host, either by using the dark cloud or by pulling tanks away, plus, spamming those broodlings-like things on siege tanks to absorve fire and cause FF.
This time, I have to agree. the battle hellion thing is just too much.They took the one thing that can stand up to MMMGV, and gave terran a super-hard counter to it that is the same cost as a zealot...

And the shredder...
Terran's Bio is too versatile, its agreed, however, at the same time bio is a versatile composition, if you try to go mech you have as much versatility as a shootgun on ww2, you can't shoot down planes with it.
They gave terran new mech units to make full mech and mech based compositions more efective than just on some all ins or as some gimmick playstile.
They fixed mech's main problem, being HARD countered by chargelots even if you have BFH, gave it a more usefull AA unit, and made the thor something to actualy be feared.
They also, to balance things out, gave zerg 2 new ways to break siege lines using the viper and the swarm host, either by using the dark cloud or by pulling tanks away, plus, spamming those broodlings-like things on siege tanks to absorve fire and cause FF.

Pretty much this.

+ burrow charge and burrow-move banelings.

Oh, and the warhound does its bonus damage to mechanical, not armored, so zerg is almost immune to it.
I'm not sure what people really see in the shredder. It requires you to tie up supply in something you can't drag along with your army, and which can be sniped by a single roach (according to what I've heard). I mean, really, what's so great about it?

Edit: Just watched the video, and it actually doesn't look like a roach can out-range it like I've heard, unless roaches have a longer range than I give them credit for. So I suppose I might be able to see what people are complaining about, though it looks like you need two of them to stop unupgraded lings from running by them.
protoss is screwd in HoTS, unless they rebalance GW units stat
multiple shredders can be deployed in the same area. This allows terran to block off sections of the map they don't have their main army at. Because of the nature of siege tanks and ghosts, terran usually win straight up encounters with their army, which is why many players (zerg in particular), rely on counter attacking to do damage.

shredders = less counter attacking.

It's hard to say how this will effect the game without seeing them in play, but it pretty much takes the 1 weakness terran has away from them.
10/23/2011 06:23 AMPosted by gitah
I doubt battle hellions will be a counter to zealots. It'll be good against zealots,

WHat?
Did you not watch the video?
It meant to hard counter charglot (according to david)
Besides that, BFH right now already counter charglot very well.
n the video, zealots were clumped up in a narrow pathway with 8 battle hellions and 4 tanks laying waste on them. Not exactly a fair comparison.

no, BFH doesn't counter chargelot

First of all, BFH did. Go test it yourself.

Second, listen to David!
He said explicitly combat form hellion is meant to win against charglot/archon
Worry the least my friends. After a year or so, these would be canceled as they are merely for demonstration in BlizzCon..
10/23/2011 06:43 AMPosted by TERZ
Worry the least my friends. After a year or so, these would be canceled as they are merely for demonstration in BlizzCon..

hahah, yea, you are probably right.
I miss the infested bunker though :(
I doubt battle hellions will be a counter to zealots. It'll be good against zealots, but it probably won't be a counter just like how the current hellions don't counter zealots unless you fight in a narrow choke point

but it probably won't be a counter just like how the current hellions don't counter zealots

just like how the current hellions

Are you listening to yourself?

"URGH WE CREATE A TRANSFORMATION OF A UNIT SO IT TRANSFORMS TO THE SAME THING!"
10/23/2011 06:50 AMPosted by gitah
hellion does like 19 dmg to zealots, that's 8 shots needed to kill zealots.

Test it yourself! jsut make 1 : 1 ratio.
Hellion win handily.
Do you have any evidence to back you up? besides making non-sense reason like most terran players do on this forum

Btw, Hellion has AoE
10/23/2011 07:08 AMPosted by gitah
10 zealots will absolutely trash 10 hellions without micro.

do you make BFH?
no, it's just no.