Just me, or does this look... silly?

General Discussion
Why has HoTS gotten silly looking units? Really, a transforming hellion and the warhound look really childish now. Same with the swarm host. I thought this was suppose to be for esports, these things really dont seem to fit in with that.

The warhound looks way to tall, and looks really awkward moving. It needs to go up and down a little bit, right now it pretty much glides. It looks silly.

the battle hellion, while the function makes sense, it looks like something a 5 year old would come up with. Silly silly silly

the swarm host, just... ya its 'zergy' but it doesnt go with the roughness of the rest of zergs units (all the spikes, carapaces, even the banelings arent smooth at all.) The back end looks horrendous and silly to me.

the replicator. the cocept is silly! Dustin, putting on the troll face, giving toss the option to clone anything in the game coz he cant make up a new toss unit. SILLY

MINERAL NODE HARASS?? NEXT WE WILL HAVE HIPPIES PUTTING FLOWERS EVERY WHERE. How can a harrasment unit NOT KILL workers??? SILLY

the tempest is silly good, waaayyy to powerful ( yes DB says it is a 'sharp' counter, so they at least know)

The viper is freakin sick, love the new model, but the pull ability?? yaaaaa coz a small flying creature can pull a 300 ton metal giraffe that shoots freakin lazor beams. That makes perfect sense.

Speaking of cents, wtf is with the coruptor ability?? apparently mining buldings is a thing now.

the shredder is kinda ok, but it synergizes too well with PFs, so that is silly. Free expoing terran? check.

The new units look really childish and silly to me. Lol, they have lost the grit and dirtyness this kind of game needs. bahhh lol.

I agree, these new units look dumb.....
I agree with most of the things you said, especially about the Warhound. It just looks way too clunky and... well ugly as !@#$.
10/23/2011 02:13 PMPosted by Mediocrates
I agree, these new units look dumb.....

they dont follow the grittyness that starcraft had in BW, or it somewhat had in WoL
yeah I feel if they put just a tad more time into it the game would be more wat da pplz want
This reminds me of every new generation of pokemon. Everyone cries and says "oh they don't even look like pokemon" and then a month later nobody cares and just accepts it.

Warhound just looks like a bunch of scrap glued together IMO and the Shredders like like Automatons. The Hellions though actually look kinda good

All Zerg units just look like "lolwut?"

Protoss units actually look kinda Badass IMO
I think all the new units are pretty cool and fit in nicely with the races.
The only thing I don't agree with is corruptors giving you money from messing with buildings.
how about terran get shredder, keep thor and dont have more new units
10/23/2011 02:27 PMPosted by Scrincer
how about terran get shredder, keep thor and dont have more new units

LOL zerg hate. of course!

edit: THATS SILLY
I don't see what your problem is. I think swarm hosts and vipers both look great. Warhounds could look a little better, maybe, but the hellion transformation looks very cool in my opinion, and its not like transforming units are new to terran (the viking has got to be one of the better designed units in the game, aesthetically; nobody complains about it transforming). The protoss units all seem fine to me. They don't really blow me away but they certainly fit the aesthetic.

I think everything fits in pretty nicely, with the possible exception of the warhound.
My friend is a mechwarrior fan. And he LOOOOOOOOOOOVES the warhound.

Did I mention I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new zerg units?
haven't all the units in all starcraft history looked pretty silly? Besides the hydralisk of course.
love the oracle model :)

it's just a recycled model like most http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stasis_orb and the swarm host is a recycled name from the old infestor model. But they the oracle is a cool model
10/23/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Ponera
This reminds me of every new generation of pokemon. Everyone cries and says "oh they don't even look like pokemon" and then a month later nobody cares and just accepts it.

You are wrong. THe Swarm lord looks like a pokemon.