MC vs MVP

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next

Lmao yea. And remember that game of idra vs MKP (i think?). It was 36 mutas with 2-2 vs 34 marines (2-1) with 4 medics. Turns out the marines win that battle. Day9 had his mouth open in awe for like 30 seconds.

It was hilarious. Blizzards balance team is a pathetic joke.

That is way wrong. It was with 3/3 marines and I don't recall if Idra even upgraded his mutas at all that game (maybe 1 attack at the most). He had a massive upgrade advantage over Idra's forces which was why he won. Nothing more to it.

2 attack, but it shouldnt matter if you have a singificantly bigger army.

That is way wrong. It was with 3/3 marines and I don't recall if Idra even upgraded his mutas at all that game (maybe 1 attack at the most). He had a massive upgrade advantage over Idra's forces which was why he won. Nothing more to it.

2 attack, but it shouldnt matter if you have a singificantly bigger army.

The question is, should 3-3 upgrades be so strong that it crushes armies with inferior upgrades.
I thought it was common knowledge that Terran is more forgiving of mistakes. Does that mean it is imbalanced? It is not like MC did not make mistakes. If you play Protoss you are supposed to not make mistakes. Now if MC made no errors and MVP made lots then the game would be imbalanced.

feel free to point out which part of my facts was wrong. the only thing opinionated in my post is that he's overrated and past his prime

Well, for one, hes in Code S.

he got the spot only because Bomber somehow lost to idra
Terran micro beats Protoss macro. Not every time, see White-Ra v Select. But a lot of the time, Terran micro beats Protoss macro by a heavy margin.
10/30/2011 03:12 PMPosted by gitah
I didn't watch the game, but I've seen these arguments all the time that's complete shamble. I'm going to bet that even if mc "outplays him" by maybe killing small groups of units, mvp was still onpar with supply due to his better macro mechanics in mid and late game. MC then at some point made a blunder and cannot recover.

it was actually a 152 supply army (MC) to a 90 supply army (MVP) and MC's FF's actually helped him out. MC pushed in for the kill, and with 3 EMPs (1 of them completly missed btw) MVP pulled the supply equal. he had 1 mining base, while MC just got his this up and was sort of mining, out teched MVP. he had archons, charge, and blink, he blink his stalkers out of the way so his zealots and archons could go up front, and spread out the guardian shields really well. MVP stimmed, threw down 3 EMPs killed off the zealots and Archons, and studder stepped forward. no bunkers, MC has the bigger arch, and MC still won with 70 supply of units...oh and he didn't pull SCVs so you can't pull the "Well the Scvs took a lot of the hits" argument. they both played standard, and the only flaw MC had, was he got supply blocked 3 times. but i might add, that during his supply blocks, and even after, he was still ahead anywhere from 10 to 30 supply.