Season 4 Map Changes - UPDATED

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 20 Next
I was really hoping for Belshir Beach to be added:/
Maybe some other GSL maps also like Testbug, Daybreak, or Crevasse
i thought the point of each season was to keep things fresh and change maps.now season 4 is just season 3 continued with a random lock in there
10/19/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Ruby
Wow.. who cares about team games..

Blizzard,

doingitwrong.jpg
10/19/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri
In Season 4, the 1v1 pool will remain unchanged

We have chosen to remove Khaydarin Depths and Tempest from the 2v2 ladder pool because...they aren’t as balanced as we would prefer

My mind was just blown. More than half of the 1v1 maps are extremely Terran-favored (not to mention one completely god-awful map that practically EVERYONE vetoes), yet they remain unchanged?! Brilliant!
lol @ "Blizzard makes terrible maps."

As if none of the tourney maps are Blizzard maps.

roflroflrofl

Still wish they would add Crevasse!
10/20/2011 10:00 AMPosted by HungShark
In Season 4, the 1v1 pool will remain unchanged

We have chosen to remove Khaydarin Depths and Tempest from the 2v2 ladder pool because...they aren’t as balanced as we would prefer

My mind was just blown. More than half of the 1v1 maps are extremely Terran-favored (not to mention one completely god-awful map that practically EVERYONE vetoes), yet they remain unchanged?! Brilliant!

How are they terran favored? Enlighten me.
Blizz... fail again...you lose players every season... its not stupid to think that things like this have helped cause that.
C'mon, guys, throw some GSL maps in the 1v1 ladder pool--wouldn't hurt anyone.
Any Chance we can get a look at these new 2v2 maps?
Care to state the logic behind not adding GSL maps in the ladder 1v1 pool? Because if you're trying to promote the eSports part of this game there's no better way than to make the players feel that they are playing in the same maps than the pros do.
At least make balanced maps instead of "rush maps" or "macro maps", those are stupid because some races have better early-game and others better late-game, it only promotes a crap ton of mirror matches because of the same races vetoing the same maps.
Whats even the point of having a season 4 if nothing changes?

I've had KD veto'd since day one...but I am really disappointed that Tempest was taken out of the pool, that was easily one of the best, if not the best, 2v2 map.

You guys say you removed them because expanding was hard, yet you leave Discord IV in the map pool? Really?
Please tell me you are trolling. We need more GSL/MLG maps with supply depots at ramps and close spawns removed.
10/20/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Brendonious

How are they terran favored? Enlighten me.

Firstly, just about every map somewhat favors Terran because of their natural ability to abuse terrain.

Here are a few maps that make it extremely difficult for Zerg against Terran:
Tal'Darim: Mid-game is very one-sided when Terrans get seige tanks. All they have to do is park their tanks just below the cliff outside the natural, bring a medivac or use a few scans, and bye bye natural. Mutalisks are the ONLY way to defend that against any decent Terran, and even then it's very difficult when they are elevatoring marines to protect the Tanks.

Antiga: This is only balanced in cross positions. If the Terran or Protoss spawns counterclockwise to the Zerg, their normal 3rd is almost impossible to hold because it's so close to the enemy base. If they spawn clockwise from the Zerg, then drops and air play are so highly effective against them.

Xel Naga: Hard-to-defend natural, and an easily seigeable third. Gold is extremely easy for Terran to take and hold.

Shattered Temple: On cross positions, it's somewhat balanced. It's still easy for Terran to take and hold gold, however. On close positions, the only way a Zerg can win is if the Terran player just flat out sucked. Same with Protoss.

Backwater Gulch: Sooo many chokes. Sooo many cliffs for seige tanks to abuse.

Typhon Peaks: Again, another map where unless the Terran spawns cross positions, Zerg is screwed. It's like a 4 player Xel'Naga, but with an even wider back door to your natural. Perfect for Seige tanks. Same with the 3rd.

what? i wanted new blizzard maps!
please reconsider new 1v1 maps
I was really hoping for Belshir Beach to be added:/
Maybe some other GSL maps also like Testbug, Daybreak, or Crevasse

same
Why even call it a new season with no new maps in the 1v1 pool.... might as well call it "second chance at season 3, good luck this time."
I want new 1v1 maps, or at least give me 5 vetos to get all the imba ones out.

When will you learn blizzard that GSL makes better maps than you? The current 10 1v1 maps only 4 of them are good, 1 is decent and the other 5 are just a joke. Get rid of close position, no race likes playing close positions, it just comes down to who's cheese/allin is better.

Season 5 needs to have a total revamp of the 1v1 ladder map pool.

Haha, someone needs to make a Blizzard logo with Scumbag Steve's hat.

ANNOUNCE NEW LADDER SEASON

KEEP TERRIBLE MAPS