Unofficial Blizzcon Finals Discussion Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
10/22/2011 05:35 PMPosted by Magma
Teir 1 counters ghosts....

Tanks/Marines/Planetary counters t1

well lets be glad he had one planetary, only like 4 tanks, and then pure viking/ghost.

Wait a second, wtf amounts of T1 counters that just fine.
10/22/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Magnijung
Also wtf was up with that fail baneling drop?

Bling drops got nerfed. They don't drop properly anymore. If there are units beneath them, the ovie just doesn't drop them.
10/22/2011 05:31 PMPosted by OurAllySucks
Srsly, I can't give respect to terran players. Ghosts, when you wanna just counter the entire zerg tech tree.

a wild wtf QQ amount of ling/bling appears!

wait, no it didn't. he built purely units countered by ghosts and almost no detection

Lets take a look at Zerg detection options:

Spore crawler: Not mobile but excellent for the base
Overseer: Floating "SNIPE ME!!!" blimp
Infestor/Fungal: EMP gg
Also wtf was up with that fail baneling drop?

Bling drops got nerfed. They don't drop properly anymore. If there are units beneath them, the ovie just doesn't drop them.

Wasn't the intent of that drop to clear out main base?

He could have demolished the main base easily. MVP only had like 3k minerals banked up to rebuild entire base. Or he could have demolished mining bases.

It was actually the ghosts that won that.... Ghosts counter every unit zerg has... They do tripple dmg to light units, and snipe wrecks armored and expensive units.

Teir 1 counters ghosts....

Not when snipe counters zerg detection before that detection can get in range.

Max vision of overseer 11

Snipe range is 10. Space overseer takes up, 2. At 10 distance away from something it can be hit. So ghost actually stand at the exact max range of the overseer and can snipe them.

fun fact, banelings dont need to see ghosts to damage them. MVPS ghosts were in a ball. good explode micro and the ghosts still die, at which point mass ling can mop up any reinforcements and ignore the few remaining ghosts.
That was the greatest match of Sc2 i have ever seen played - ( the final one) gg wp by both guys! MVP!

fun fact, banelings dont need to see ghosts to damage them. MVPS ghosts were in a ball. good explode micro and the ghosts still die, at which point mass ling can mop up any reinforcements and ignore the few remaining ghosts.

This
With all the money NesTea had in the bank, don't know why he didn't throw up a few extra macro hatches and just mass ling/bling pushes. It's not the first 200 zerg that kill you, its the second wave that follows soon after.
10/22/2011 05:01 PMPosted by SFHFWill
I really wish NesTea would switch to terran for a season or two just to basically show people 'Yes if I was infact terran I'd have won a lot more.'

Now here's the kicker: if he were (hypothetically) to do that, and didn't (again, just for argument's sake) win a bazillion more games/championships, do you think people would actually shut up about balance? I don't. People believe what they want to believe. Let's just be thankful we get such FREAKING AMAZING GAMES OF STARCRAFT TO WATCH!
I really wish NesTea would switch to terran for a season or two just to basically show people 'Yes if I was infact terran I'd have won a lot more.
Wow Terran won. Also why were there only two Protoss invited?
I need to do MVP style in my games more lol.

27 broodlords and 79 banelings? No problem, I have ghosts and tanks!
10/22/2011 04:33 PMPosted by DeadHorse
They are too busy QQ'ing about unreleased-alpha-version units.

These units are beta, however its not public yet, if your gonna insult those threads at least use the right terminology