Swarm host + trypophobia

General Discussion
"uncontrollable and uncomfortable feeling whenever I see clusters of dots. "

a medical disease?

BULL!@#$ the@@@##*s and doctors will say anything nowadays

really? ther a pists is censored? wow

Notice how the "the" in that word is left uncensored? See what is left when you take that out. Silly, but that's how it is apparently.
"uncontrollable and uncomfortable feeling whenever I see clusters of dots. "

a medical disease?

BULL!@#$ the@@@##*s and doctors will say anything nowadays

really? ther a pists is censored? wow

Notice how the "the" in that word is left uncensored? See what is left when you take that out. Silly, but that's how it is apparently.

ah i didn't know people still used the old runescape censoring... hah
10/24/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Rafaello
I'm a pyromaniac, they should remove the hellion from the game it makes want to burn houses and stuff.

Win

I dont feel uncomfortable with the swarm host at all. Yeah, that wired frog thing was grose but thats just completely different.

I personally am pretty indifferent as to wherther or not the model get changes, but for you, you have a handfull of options. Sorry in advance for being blunt, but this is life.

A) Make a post on the forums to get blizzard to change a unit model. (Not likely)
B) Get over your fears. Accept the fact that Blizz *probably* wont change anything.
C) Think of it as more incentive to kill the Swarm hosts quickly
D) Give up on StarCraft
E) Give up on Life
F) Burn Computer and move to China to be trained as a monk
10/24/2011 07:37 PMPosted by TornadoXIII
I'm a pyromaniac, they should remove the hellion from the game it makes want to burn houses and stuff.

Win

I dont feel uncomfortable with the swarm host at all. Yeah, that wired frog thing was grose but thats just completely different.

I personally am pretty indifferent as to wherther or not the model get changes, but for you, you have a handfull of options. Sorry in advance for being blunt, but this is life.

A) Make a post on the forums to get blizzard to change a unit model. (Not likely)
B) Get over your fears. Accept the fact that Blizz *probably* wont change anything.
D) Give up on StarCraft
E) Give up on Life

you sir. just earned yourself 3 and a half internets
10/24/2011 03:27 PMPosted by jdelator
I have trypophobia. What this means is that I get uncontrollable uncomfortable feeling whenever I see clusters of dots.

Uh-huh. And I have restless leg syndrome.
10/24/2011 07:37 PMPosted by TornadoXIII

Win

D) Give up on StarCraft
E) Give up on Life

I play random. So only A + B are viable for me. :(
I have an african clawed frog. They sell them in petstores as these lil white guys that live under water and are nice and cute.

I've had mine for 8 years. He weighs 19 pounds and has 3 inch SCYTHES on his hind legs. I feed him cheeseburgers and mice. He perfers cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds. His name is bowser because one time he ate his own hand trying to shovel food into his mouth without swallowing it.

The other frog was named mario. Bowser ate mario. But before that they had weird freaky plumber frog sex. Turns out the female lays the eggs on the males back and he carriers them around until they hatch...

...and i guess daddy eats mommy afterwards. Poor frogs aint got no after sex smokes.

Anyway, so like 50 of these !@#$ing things hatch and are swimming around and im like 'god damnit i need to buy some fish flakes for the little guys'. So i go to the store after not feeding them for like 3 days and buy some flakes. I flip on the light and guess what?

Daddy has baby frog legs sticking out of his mouth. So i save like 7 of them and put them in my normal fish tank.

Most get killed by my Botia's, they're loach fish from korea that have razorblades made of bone under their eyes. I have like 63 of them and i buy them in 6's because i get a discount that way.

They swim around in their lil mexican gangs and play tag with their shanks. Well frogs aint very bright and don't run away very well when the botias are 'it'. So they got stabbed.

Except one. I call him Gibson, because he is the last samurai. He hides in the driftwood like a %^-*!.

Anyway, cannibalism is like 2x as gross as frog back-birth.

I have an african clawed frog. They sell them in petstores as these lil white guys that live under water and are nice and cute.

I've had mine for 8 years. He weighs 19 pounds and has 3 inch SCYTHES on his hind legs. I feed him cheeseburgers and mice. He perfers cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds. His name is bowser because one time he ate his own hand trying to shovel food into his mouth without swallowing it.

The other frog was named mario. Bowser ate mario. But before that they had weird freaky plumber frog sex. Turns out the female lays the eggs on the males back and he carriers them around until they hatch...

...and i guess daddy eats mommy afterwards. Poor frogs aint got no after sex smokes.

Anyway, so like 50 of these !@#$ing things hatch and are swimming around and im like 'god damnit i need to buy some fish flakes for the little guys'. So i go to the store after not feeding them for like 3 days and buy some flakes. I flip on the light and guess what?

Daddy has baby frog legs sticking out of his mouth. So i save like 7 of them and put them in my normal fish tank.

Most get killed by my Botia's, they're loach fish from korea that have razorblades made of bone under their eyes. I have like 63 of them and i buy them in 6's because i get a discount that way.

They swim around in their lil mexican gangs and play tag with their shanks. Well frogs aint very bright and don't run away very well when the botias are 'it'. So they got stabbed.

Except one. I call him Gibson, because he is the last samurai. He hides in the driftwood like a %^-*!.

Anyway, cannibalism is like 2x as gross as frog back-birth.

Growing up I had rats for pets. They're actually really smart and really friendly if you raise them from babies. After a while, two of the rats bred. We put them in a separate tank from the others, and fed the female more. She gave birth to 8-9 babies. We went out for dinner one night, and when we came back, all that was in the tank was 2 rats, a bunch of bottom halves of baby rats, and the male covered in blood. I guess male rats eat their young if left alone with them. I was about 8 at the time (so I guess 14 years ago) and it was pretty damn traumatizing. That's nature for you, though.
It's like a bunch of massive pimples in their heads, puss-filled and pushing in on their brain. And then, they all burst. As soon as their gone though, the pimples start growing back, swelling and building pressure...

I think I need to switch races. Disease or not, that's just frikkin nasty. I already have friends who are so grossed out by queens they can't hardly stand to watch me play. Ruining esports, perhaps? :P
I really can't stand the artwork or the concept of this unit what so ever , its groses me and give weird chills/goosbumps of disgust. And the worst part is that I play zerg.

I'm sooo worried dude.

I really I had to close the video when I watched, I don't think phobia is the right term , but I just couldn't stand it I swear to god , I hope the change it for real, because it makes my body feels awful :(

Or else I'm screwed.

Please Blizzard change this concept.

There's also a very heated discussion on TL.net about it. Check it out:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278820

PS.: I might have to quit SC2 because of this units it's something hard to explains the levels of incomodity this makes me feel.
urban dictionary is not an authority on medicine, gtfo

I don't like spiders and guns, please change the art for roaches, queens, and every terran unit. Also I'm afraid of bats so remove mutas or change the design. now do you see how dumb you sound.
http://www.jinx.com/p/more_dots_t_shirt.html

I want to buy you this t-shirt.

10/24/2011 09:13 PMPosted by McInAction

Maybe you're getting Mel Gibson confused with Tom Cruise?
....................................................................................
....................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................

HAHA GOTCH'YA!

BWAHAHAHAA I LAUGHED SO HARD WHEN I SAY THIS OHH MY WORD LOL AHAHAH KUDOS
OMG that Lotus thing was f****** horrible. I don't care if it is fake, it's still HORRIBLE!!!!
10/24/2011 08:43 PMPosted by jdelator

Win

D) Give up on StarCraft
E) Give up on Life

I cant become a monk because I play random in SC?
To me this seems more of you being grossed out more than an actual phobia. People are starting to throw that word around in ways that actually degrade it's meaning.

While sometimes phobias can be rational, it can be irrational as well. Regardless, phobias don't just simply make you feel a little uncomfortable. It has other effects to your psych and cause some involuntary reactions.

Though once again some people can control their phobias to a point. Some, like myself, can detach their phobias if what ever normally triggers said phobia is in a game, or movie.

That being said however, if you are one of those people who actually have a phobia about one thing or another, and can not detach from it when it comes to games, simply stay away from those games.
If it is a serious issue, blizzard may program a simplified unit.
The TL thread shows that about 8% of people share in his experience.
I however do not, I did not scratch or itch or 'feel uncomfortable' while watching the you tube.
Also, is it untrue that 1v1 and 2v2 colors are schemed so that color blind people are 'at ease'?

I'm afraid of plenty in my life, but I don't have a phobia. I think most ppl do not comprehend phobic reactions, generally they are a lot less controllable than you might realize. Yes, they can be overcome, but depending on the person it may not be something easy.

TL;DR If it turns out to be a real issue affecting enough people blizzard may actually create a new or optional model. Be nice.
It just unbeareable :(

*yikes*

Gives me the chills.

How I'm supposed to play like that, I can't focus t.t

I cant become a monk because I play random in SC?

I dont think D E F were meant as a valid choice. :D