Why does T get more "deathball" units in HOTS

General Discussion
I find it odd after DB openly says Terran has the most options and is the most complete, that they add more "core deathball" units for them in HOTS where P and Z get units specifically designed to act outside said deathball
My personal theory is so they can nerf other stuff. They nerf bunkers, add the shredders to compensate. They nerf marines, add battle hellions to compensate. They nerf the maruader and thor, warhounds. That's my thoughts at least.
They will never nerf the marine. Like he said, they don't want to do a mass nerf or buff on a general unit like the marine, because it affects the game too much. Even a tiny nerf on the marine will have huge consequences, many of which will be unintended. The marine is used in almost every single situation a Terran is ever in, which means that nerfing or buffing without completely changing everything else is almost impossible.

P and Z didn't need more deathball units, but Terran does need a more viable tech route, and SOMETHING to stop mass chargelots in the late game.

edit: good point, dude below me, Viper is friggin SWEET!
am i missing something or are vipers not the ultimate deathball unit with the new darkswarm and pull?
every unit got Death ball options.

Technically, every unit got 2 Death ball options, and Terran and Protoss got a space controlling unit (Shredder) and a raider (oracle) that cannot be used in the death ball.
They will never nerf the marine. Like he said, they don't want to do a mass nerf or buff on a general unit like the marine, because it affects the game too much. Even a tiny nerf on the marine will have huge consequences, many of which will be unintended. The marine is used in almost every single situation a Terran is ever in, which means that nerfing or buffing without completely changing everything else is almost impossible.

P and Z didn't need more deathball units, but Terran does need a more viable tech route, and SOMETHING to stop mass chargelots in the late game.

The flame thing will vaporize mass chargelots...

Hopefully, as chargelots are utterly ridiculous sometimes.

Not OP at all, just ridiculous.

Theres this !@#$ing thing called blue flame hellions, I know, you might actually have to make %^-* out of your !@#$ing factory for once!!!

Marines.
Well, one of the new terran units is designed to work ONLY outside the deathball; that's their stated purpose in making the shredder. Warhounds aren't a new "core deathball unit," they are a replacement for a unit that was very much a part of the deathball. So they aren't really a new addition, just a more effective replacement. I'll concede that assault hellions seem to be designed to work inside the deathball, though.

Still, zerg and protoss (zerg especially) also got a bunch of new ways to !@#$ with the deathball. The viper can neutralize death balls and also pull siege units out of them. Burrow-charge will allow ultras to get inside the middle of deathballs and break them up. The swarm host is supposed to be a counter-siege unit to break through siege lines. In particular, tanks seem to be getting totally shafted by all the new changes. They can't get out of blinding cloud because of siege mode, rendering them useless, they can get sniped off with abduct, ultras finally have a way to close the distance on them (and they have no way of escaping) and swarm hosts end up making tanks shoot at their own allies by spawning free melee units. Tanks are pretty much the core of a terran deathball.

Toss anti death ball stuff is less clear, but at the very least the replicator will give them access to tanks and infestors, which both are pretty good at messing with death balls.

Long story short, zerg (who was arguably the weakest against deathballs because of their low range and vulnerability to splash) is getting a whole bundle of new buffs to break them up. I don’t know about toss though.

Marines.

colossi
It’s not either or… One of his comments in a recent interview, I think says it best and I’m sort of paraphrasing. “You feel like Terran has too many options. That’s fair enough. I wish every race had too many options.”

Everyone seems to be looking at Terran specifically and in an uproar about the fact that Terran is too flexible, but there not seeing the forest behind the tree. What Blizzard is trying to do is not take away from Terran and add to Protoss and Zerg, but rather add to Protoss and Zerg to ensure that each race is as flexible as Terran.

HotS is in an alpha stage, not even beta. This is where units get added and cut. Blizzard wants the same thing we do and now they have the opportunity to correct some issues in HotS.
Hellions aren't really all that good against zealots. BF doesn't work with my chosen tech path either.

Why should Terran be forced into cruddy factory play?

Theres this !@#$ing thing called blue flame hellions, I know, you might actually have to make %^-* out of your !@#$ing factory for once!!!

Blue flame hellions against mass chargelots? Yea, ok..

Anyways, he was simply expressing his opinion...there's no need to fly off the handle.

Marines.

colossi

vikings