Remove the Battlecruiser

General Discussion
Announce that, and the Terrans will give a similarly loud outcry. Please, Mr. Browder, find a way to make the Carriers work, and don't remove an iconic unit.
Remove the battle cruiser and give the carrier Yamato 2.0...
Carrier is a worthless legacy unit. It should go. It is fundamentally weak and has no place in competitive play. Just let it go. We don't need it.
10/24/2011 12:19 PMPosted by EllisD
Carrier is a worthless legacy unit. It should go. It is fundamentally weak and has no place in competitive play. Just let it go. We don't need it.

Well, maybe if Blizzard buffed it instead of removing it entierly, it would be used. I have no idea why they would go the the trouble of designing an entirely new unit rather than buffing an existing one.
you people keep forgetting that the carrier is being replaced with something else that quite frankly seems more useful...

Think of it as not being removed, but having a different skin, name change, and abilities being revamp. Grats thats your buff!

It's not if mech makes a comeback in tvp in hots, and looking at the warhound, it seems like it might. And if they make mech acceptably strong vs toss, it would be fine to buff the carrier back to it's former glory.

Also I don't think the tempest (while it looks pretty sweet), is all that necessary. I've played some decently high level pvz's, and, sure, massive lategame muta tech-switches make your blood pressure go through the roof, but I have never felt like it's a problem beyond being irritating. On the contrary, it often comes across as them throwing a perfectly exciting game to me; at this point I have templar/archons/armor upgrades (owns mutas, not to mention guardian shield). I usually see it and just say, "OK, a-move time", and they're all like "OH that's right mutas arn't good at actually fighting, base trade time. Proceed to cripple them, rally around a good last structure and use blink to hunt stuff down, gg.
Swap the tempest model out for the carrier one when the game comes out, there you fixed your own problem.
10/24/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Doncroft
Announce that, and the Terrans will give a similarly loud outcry

Battlecruisers are actually used in high level TvTs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrvJMH3NPws enough talk ladies.
10/24/2011 03:06 PMPosted by SaGeR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrvJMH3NPws enough talk ladies.

Wasn't this during the insta storm era though?
Dragoons were just as iconic. Removed and the game is still fine. Now you have Tempest which is more useful.
I actually think they should just turn the carrier into a super unit much like the Mothership was.
10/24/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Steric
Announce that, and the Terrans will give a similarly loud outcry

Battlecruisers are actually used in high level TvTs.

This I know. I was at the GSL finals. And Huk defeated IMMVP with Carriers on Metalopolis a few months ago FYI.

10/24/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Dryhumper
shields down, weapons offline

lol, yes. Very cheeky.
Someone copied me. :O

Or had the same idea :O~

I vote removing all units that were in SC1 that are in SC2. <.<
It's about time that Terrans came up with a new capital ship design.

I wouldn't mind seeing the battlecruiser go as long as it were replaced with something just as big/cool.
Carriers can be darn useful. High rolling dps at siege range from a flying unit.

Well, they can be darn useful once they are properly fixed with build time reduced drastically and the ability to move while interceptors are launched is added.
Since when did the Terran mascot go from the Marine to the Battlecruiser...?