Viper, brofestor, hydra combos

Zerg Discussion
after watching the multiplayer panel, the number of new strategies for zerg are just mind boggling. first one that came to my head was the use of fungal growth, blinding cloud, with speed hydras. This could lock loads of enemies in place, stunt their range to 1, and then getting %%@*d by the newly buffed hydras or any unit in the zerg arsenal.

I am very pleased blizzard thanks a bunch
thats so much micro, but it would be awesome. gotta avoid EMP like the plague though
Cant wait for the zerg to scream "imba nerf the ghost! EMP WTF cant use my brand new viper!".

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Poison cloud is supposed to prevent casting so it shouldn't be too bad. Hardest part is gonna be getting to that point.
viper infestor baneling sounds like it could work well too
you cant use emp in it... it denies any abilities from being used within it >.>
Cant wait for the zerg to scream "imba nerf the ghost! EMP WTF cant use my brand new viper!".

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I'm suprised that people aren't already complaining, considering they can snipe everything the zerg has (albeit very inefficiently vs. T1&T2 units). Also, I'm suprised in TvT or TvZ people don't use cloaked Ghosts to snipe workers, as they 1-shot them. Hopefully they never do : ).
10/23/2011 12:34 PMPosted by BlindMinus
gotta avoid EMP like the plague though

I've heard the cloud locks out abilities too like EMP.

Edit: Oh.. Kanadakid above me beat me to this line.. >.< should read more thoroughly before positing I guess.
10/23/2011 02:03 PMPosted by kanadakid
you cant use emp in it... it denies any abilities from being used within it

Thing is a Terran with decent micro should be able to get an EMP off before you can get a cloud off.
Especially with the addition of all these new units, I'd love to see fungal growth go back to it's original role as a stun first and a damage ability second. Jack the time back up to 8 seconds; I don't care about the drop in dps, we've just been given a lot of new options for splash damage anyway.

10/23/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Heiwanshang
Thing is a Terran with decent micro should be able to get an EMP off before you can get a cloud off.

And yet somehow fungal growths still seem to happen at the pro level.
I think infestor/viper/ling will own midgame harder than just infestor ling does now and then a transition later to use roach/hydra instead of the lings as we get more gas would be awesome.

Can't WAIIIIIT.
Still no reason to make hydras over infesters

Infested Terrans are so much DPS

2 Hydras: 24 damage (both)| speed 0.83 | range 5 (+1) | cost 200m/100g

3 IT's: 24 damage (all 3) | speed 0.86 | range 6 | cost 100m/200g

Neater hydras or IT can retreat form a battle. but the infester can which let him make 3 more IT's for free after 64sec of faster.
personally i think viper muta would be the best combo. fly around with your muta ball and pick off workers, supply depots, tanks as normal BUT you can now MAKE the tanks out of position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FiFMKR3LGc

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Just like all of the idiot toss like you who !@#$%ed about the infestor?
Muahahaha that ^-*!@.

But ya seems like a good combo/but micro intensive.