David Kims math.

General Discussion
Leave David Kim alone. You're lucky he even balances for you bastards.

I'm responding to the topic of the thread... you know a comparison of vipers to HT to justify the 3 spells comment. What exactly are YOU talking about? Having a hard time staying focused? If you can't remember, you can always go back up to the top of the screen and re-read what the topic is about.

Or maybe you have trouble undestanding what I am really saying.

Or maybe you cannot express yourself well while writing.

Who knows? Fact is that the people balancing this game should try a little harder.

He's referring to the new viper, a caster whose third spell makes a unit a detector, not EMP. You clearly need to pay more attention before insulting others.

Cloaking definitely is for sure.

I'm not sure if Call down Nuke is or not. It's a a lot different from all other spells because it costs resources every time its used and is limited by how many Ghost Academies you have. So it's a bit of a unique ability.

You could make the argument that Call down Nuke is more of a Ghost Academy ability than a Ghost ability.
You're going to say that Nuking something is a "Unique Ability" and that Morphing Archons is a spell?

k

Yup.

Nukes are limited by how many nukes are built at a Ghost Academy, and cost resources every time they are fired whether they make impact or not. The Ghost is merely the unit that launches it, the same ability could have been attached to any Terran unit (it would probably be sick on the Banshee).

You can't use Nukes without spending additional resources to make them, this is a unique mechanic that no other unit has anything like.

Merging into archons is a transformation ability, of which there are several in this game. Several different Zerg units can transform, and some Terran units can as well albeit in some different ways.

but there isn't anything in this game that operates anything like the Nuke.
You're going to say that Nuking something is a "Unique Ability" and that Morphing Archons is a spell?

k

Yup.

Nukes are limited by how many nukes are built at a Ghost Academy, and cost resources every time they are fired whether they make impact or not. The Ghost is merely the unit that launches it, the same ability could have been attached to any Terran unit (it would probably be sick on the Banshee).

You can't use Nukes without spending additional resources to make them, this is a unique mechanic that no other unit has anything like.

Merging into archons is a transformation ability, of which there are several in this game. Several different Zerg units can transform, and some Terran units can as well albeit in some different ways.

How about infestor burrow? Wouldn't infestors then have 4 spells by your count?

Also, as for your comment about having HT be of some use after they use their energy.. personally, I'd rather have the ability to escape with my HT and have them regenerate their energy, rather than morphing 2 into an archon. This would allow me to produce fewer templars, leaving me resources to get additional units of my choosing.

Yup.

Also, as for your comment about having HT be of some use after they use their energy.. personally, I'd rather have the ability to escape with my HT and have them regenerate their energy, rather than morphing 2 into an archon. This would allow me to produce fewer templars, leaving me resources to get additional units of my choosing.

Yea but Archons are an iconic unit from SC1. You'd piss off a lot of Protoss players including myself if you took Archons out of the game in favor of an escape ability for HTs.

Yea but Archons are an iconic unit from SC1. You'd piss off a lot of Protoss players including myself if you took Archons out of the game in favor of an escape ability for HTs.

...or HTs could just be like ghosts and infestors and have 3 spells and a unique ability.

Snipe/EMP/Cloak/Nuke
IT/Fungal/Neural/Burrow move
Feedback/Storm/Archon morph/???
Sure he wasn't talking about HotS and not WoL?
IT/Fungal/Neural/Burrow move

I think most zerg would trade you burrow move for something more akin to Archon morph (brutalisk morph?! D: ) any day of the week. ~_~

Would most zergs trade burrow move AND neural parasite AND fungal requiring research AND infestors are tier 3 (hive can require a spire/hydra den instead) to morph into a unit that is weaker than an ultralisk?
I look at anything that costs ENERGY as a spell, thus Nukes and Archon Morphing are not spells. Both require something besides the "caster" itself.
It's not a !@#$ing spell, get over it.

Ghosts have Cloak, EMP, and Snipe.

HTs have Feedback and Storm.
WTB Cheap 25 energy spell like the rest of the decent casters.

10/23/2011 10:20 PMPosted by Vindicare
Nukes are limited by how many nukes are built at a Ghost Academy,
And Archons are limited by how many High templar there are, you can't make 1 without two, and you need resources to make more. Funny how that works.

P.S. For the record I am so far away from anything that removes Archon and even further from unmorph back into HT. Lorewise doesn't even make sense. It's PERMANENT.
Spells =/= abilties. If it uses energy and can be used again after a short amount of time. It's a spell. So yes...Thor has a spell (wait..Do they have energy or cool down? It keeps getting changed so I forget) Whereas anything with just a cool down or does not require energy. like thors cannon (Whichever) stim and archon morphing is an ability. That is my two and a half cents anyways.
10/24/2011 01:19 AMPosted by Xombie
Spells =/= abilties. If it uses energy and can be used again after a short amount of time. It's a spell. So yes...Thor has a spell (wait..Do they have energy or cool down? It keeps getting changed so I forget) Whereas anything with just a cool down or does not require energy. like thors cannon (Whichever) stim and archon morphing is an ability. That is my two and a half cents anyways.
Thors currently have a spell, as do BCs with Yamato.
10/24/2011 01:14 AMPosted by Fairchild
We didn't buy Sc2 because David Kim is good at math, we bought it because we're bored and have money, remember?

win
Don't complain about something stupid like this. It's pointless.
10/23/2011 06:12 PMPosted by dizzy
well, considering the third spell is a one time cast to grant detection, which is infinitely crappier than the ability to create the OP archon, I would say you should shut your pie hole.

How the hell is granting detection not good? Are you smoking crack?
10/23/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Vindicare
Morphing into archons is considered a spell.

So is burrow. Damn, my infestors are quite OP. 4 spells:

-Infested Terran
-Fungal Growth
-Neural Parasite
-Burrow
well, considering the third spell is a one time cast to grant detection, which is infinitely crappier than the ability to create the OP archon, I would say you should shut your pie hole.

How the hell is granting detection not good? Are you smoking crack?

How is creating the archon "not good". Are YOU dropping L.S.D? Because you appear to be hallucinating.

Where did I say detection was "not good". I said it was worse than the ability (creating archons) that was being disregarded as "not really a spell".
How is creating the archon "not good".

Because an Archon costs 100/300 and still isnt very good for how much gas it costs.