Make Marines attack ground only

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Face it ... small arms fire hasn't been useful vs aircraft since WW1... this is an advanced techology.. range 5 does not mean they can shoot down a carrier or battle cruiser with small arms fire.

Make marines ground only so races can choose to go air vs terran... right now there is no point to waste the resources.. 400 cost void ray taht does 10 dps vs 1 marine does 7.3 dps yeah it goes owned easy by a squad let alone marine does more damage if stimmed.

Alll the other races have to prepare for air terran doesn't have anything it goes oh crap about..

can't use invis units. can't use air cause of free anti air units , not like pumping out 2 vikings is hard..
no
If you do this, then they don't have a T1 anti-air unit (like zerg) and 3-gate void busts will be amazingly OP. Mutas will also be amazingly OP. So no, it would break the game.
Terran would have hell trying to face down Mutas...

That and it wouldn't matter that since their ground DPS is still so spectacular anyway

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/6/63659/1906734-1595201_oh_look_its_this_thread_again_super.jpg
um lol?
logic=/=balance
Maybe Marines could have two attacks: one for air, one for ground. One is weaker than the other.
Face it ... small arms fire hasn't been useful vs aircraft since WW1... this is an advanced techology.. range 5 does not mean they can shoot down a carrier or battle cruiser with small arms fire.

Make marines ground only so races can choose to go air vs terran... right now there is no point to waste the resources.. 400 cost void ray taht does 10 dps vs 1 marine does 7.3 dps yeah it goes owned easy by a squad let alone marine does more damage if stimmed.

Alll the other races have to prepare for air terran doesn't have anything it goes oh crap about..

can't use invis units. can't use air cause of free anti air units , not like pumping out 2 vikings is hard..

Propose a new unit to shoot up then

otherwise no
Either you're trolling or you need some serious, serious help.
Lol so what unit shoots up now? Marauders?
No.
11/06/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Mediocrates
Lol so what unit shoots up now? Marauders?

Not siding with the OP on this, but a unit that shoots rocket propelled grenades makes more sense in ground to air than a marine shooting a machine gun at them.

I still think that making it 4(+1 to light) vs 5 overall would be a better change - they can still deal with zerglings and zealots and mutas just fine (the same as before), but they wouldn't be so damn dominant against units that are supposed to counter them - stalkers, marauders, roaches. As for void rays, considering the massive gas cost, it isn't too unreasonable in my opinion to ask that terran gets air to counter protoss air, especially since vikings are so much cheaper (especially gas-wise) than voids but do more bonus damage to armored units.
Oh and what does protoss have to do vs zerg mutas... hmm blink stalkers? yeah mutas are still way faster to decimate your line... Oh no as a terran i might have to make some Turrets... I know i have to all the time with toss to make cannons... Oh and then have to pump out like 10 pheonixs cause their muta ball keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And then they are just pretty much fodder for when they give up on the muta and have the big fight.. oh but will they muta again or not hmm
Mass marines and mass stalkers are the only things my muta-balls fear.

So by all means, yes, remove the marine's ability to shoot air! :D
No.
No.
This is a game where airborne buildings can pass through each other, units can't tunnel under buildings except lowered supply depots, and cloaked units can't be targeted despite knowing exactly where they are.

Logic is not particularly necessary.
not gonna happen
the problem is their factory tech (short of thors) doesn't shoot up either.

it could be an interesting change though if they changed marauders to being the anti-air unit. maybe then they could be screwed into having that excuse to give their unit !@#$ty dps (like the stalker) that we do.