Give pheonix's +1 range.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
Give roaches +1 range and we got a deal.
11/10/2011 06:00 PMPosted by Invincible
witera build about 10 phoenix in the game against what? 50muta? and seriously, stalker is not good against mutalisk! got archon my friend, it forces muta to do magic carpet, which makes muta weaker and harder to micro with!

lol magic carpet
11/11/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Redrach
witera build about 10 phoenix in the game against what? 50muta? and seriously, stalker is not good against mutalisk! got archon my friend, it forces muta to do magic carpet, which makes muta weaker and harder to micro with!

lol magic carpet
Imma take you on a magic carpet ride like in Aladdin =D

1. Marines have 6 range.
2.A phoenix costs 150/100
3. The range will help, but it won't help the fact that the phoenix is fundamentally broken because you're basically paying minerals and gas for the phoenix to be able to shoot while moving, but if you can't even do it, you're paying minerals and gas for nothing. They should just make phoenix unable to shoot while moving, and then just rebalancing their damage and maybe consider adding splash.

Players that can't deal with mutas=Every protoss player.

Marines have 5 range

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Marine

And i was talking about a permanent range upgrade buff from a patch, not a range upgrade that u have to buy from the Fleet Beacon or something.
11/11/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Grimm

We already did! YOU are just holding out on your end of the bargain!

Jerk -.-
11/08/2011 11:36 PMPosted by KingCrAZee
this quote i like but HTs and archons are not fast enough to keep up with mutas.

yeah but phoenixes are. you should not get attacked at all if you kite well, because they have longer range and are faster than mutas.
are toss players mad that they cant take down 20 mutas with 3 pheonix?
11/11/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Devin
More mad at the fact once you tech switch, the phoenix become mostly useless versus your ground army.
corsair way better than phenoix IMO, and if they add corsiar their is no need for stupid tempest.

no, but if the protoss start building phoenix to counter the mutas, the zerg answer shouldn't be to just build more mutalisks because the protoss cannot possibly hope to keep up.

The phoenix's advantage is supposed to be range and speed to kite the mutas. Obviously this isn't enough of an advantage or blizzard wouldn't even be considering the tempest for protoss.
You protoss are a bunch of babies honestly. Your air OP as is. Your force fields are OP. If you can't win a groud battle with cheap upgrades and range on immortals, you are a sad sad player. Get lost, you make suggestions for the hell of it. there is no problem with your said unit.

All of you know how P is OP so just quit acting like you need constant buffs tilt the game slowly in your favour. its already near balance, just QFT.
Range is not the issue. You could give the Pheonix +1 range and it wouldn't effect anything because the primary reason they fail as a proper counter to Muta is due to production differences, which is a mechanics issue. This could be solved by giving them an AoE attack or capability, but this leads to another problem of a relatively cheap, very quick, flying unit having an AoE attack descent enough to handle the production differences and not be OP.

Hence, the Tempest.
11/11/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Grimm

DEEUUEUUGH.

apparently blizzard is, hence the tempest
I think it's funny how if a silver play posts about anything else they get trolled, laughed at, told how there opinion doesn't matter ect. But if they post in something in favor of Protoss it gets +10000. Lawl.
11/11/2011 11:15 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo

apparently blizzard is, hence the tempest

Blizzard just remembered why they gave Toss sairs in BW.

Wanna bet what happens in HotS? I'll wager the carrier is not removed (but the momship is) and the Tempest becomes a T2 unit.
I would love blizzard if they did this. <3
My solution to the problem I feel to be a lot better.

Give Phoenixes an upgradable ability which casts an AoE spell which either severely slows or temporarily stops air units. This will allow Phoenixes to be used in combo with Blink Stalkers to kill substantial amount of Muts, thus making the harass cost ineffective if handled properly. This can also be used to help control overlord/medivac/warp prism drops and can be used to help kill brood lords as well.

It is not OP and would be fun to use, and help balance the game for P who is getting the shaft on HOTs units. Tempest will be too slow, too expensive, too high tier to get at a reasonable time, and you will not be able to defend multiple bases effectivelly because you'll need numerous Temps to figh ta huge Mut ball which is going to be much more mobile. Lastly, Temps seem to have very little use for antyhing BUT Muts. My idea can do LOTS of stuff and is not OP at all. It can be endlessly tweaked to maintain it's balance (cost, tier level, AoE radius, slowed vs stopped, amount of time of the effect, energy cost of casting, etc).

I love my pheonix's I find they're not used much by people because they take alot of micro but when you get em down pat they're deadly. I had 5 mutas slip into my main, I had gone for early expo and was going for CL,HT's, Collosi, pheonix. so my forces where some what limited, but I had one pheonix on the field. I microed the crap out of that one pheonix and lurred the mutas into a few phase cannons to weaken em up and then finished em off. 5 v 1 and my pheonix came out on top, hurt, but alive.