+1 To Scrap Replicant

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
+1

We got to face it: this unit could've been designed in 2 minutes.
-1, i like the idea

also, mind control was in broodwar which was somewhat similar, allowing protoss to have all races/units...

Ever saw a game in which you mind controlled a unit that actually turned the tide of the game?
We're talking TIER 3 ABILITY HERE

Replicator can be made straight out of a Robo without tech.

So basically rush for Robo, make a replicator, replicate Banshee, cloak, go to enemy mineral line, hilarity ensues.

And guess what? The enemy has no idea you made a replicator, and he also has no idea you even made a Banshee.
+0

wait and see

This.

The replicator is going to be one of those units that will shine in the hands of talented players and utterly fail for the rest of the playerbase. There are so many applications for this unit. It will definately get its mileage worth for those who know how to use it.

If the replicator makes it to HotS, I garuntee it will be used by the pros. In fact, I bet it will be used much more frequently than the Tempest. Why not scrap the Tempest instead? It will be used the least of the new units.

+1

comon bliz be alittle more original and come up with a toss unit thats actually good instead of giving them the other races units which just sounds fking retarded how did this even come to be at all? Were there really that many bliz employees that thought this was a good idea?

replicant does not belong in a highly competitive game like starcraft
+1

why?

Well honestly, with everything going on over the last couple months (thankfully it seems to be changing now, but only more time will tell for sure) Protoss has needed a lot. I'm a zerg player, but when I offrace, its protoss, mostly out of my love from BW.

When I saw the replicant it immediatley came across as blizz saying

"well !@#$, we don't really know how to fix this, we can't come up with a way to alter the paths or mechanics of protoss without completely scrapping and rebuilding... one unit is not gonna fix this. Well what if we just gave protoss the ability to turn their units into whatever was wrecking them? Then its never the game's fault for their losing, we can blame it on them not using the replicant to its true potential."
+1

I think they should just bring back the Dark Archon instead.

It would be better than the replicant because mind control also takes away the unit from your opponent (including massive ones) and it has other spells it could use. The best part of bring back the Dark Archon would be that they could then introduce a Twilight Archon in LOTV.
+1 if something similar existed, it should be dark archon, who can't control massive units. Replicant is just so stupid, I do not have the words to describe it.
P.S. Thanks for a giant corsair bliz, yea, totally solves the problem of early 20 mutas! owait 0_o
+1 I want toss units
+1, I would much rather see a dark archony unit.
What? Replicant was (almost besides the campaign) the entire reason I was going to get HoTS. lol.
a unit that costs 200/200 and can only replicate ONCE is officially worthless.
It cant even replicate massive units.

+1
this is a tough question/application to answer, the replicator. each race has its holes, and the game as of patch 1.4.2 (in my opinion) is REALLY closed to being balanced...

BUT, the cost of the unit is WAY TOO MUCH for the following reason: the other toss units cost SOO much gas as it is. the only non-vespene units are currently probe/zealot...

as much as i want the replicator to work, its not practical for this reason, UNLESS blizzard ratifies the cost OR makes it able to replicate massive units but increases the amount of food it takes up in the count or the ability to re-replicate for an additional (mineral-only) cost or SOMETHING...
+/- 1 UNDECIDED...
I think the replication is pretty creative, and the concept is very interesting, but I can't see how it would be useful, at all. What non-massive unit is worth replication at an increased cost, except maybe a banshee? :D

(And if he sees it coming, even a banshee wouldn't be much help...)

Edit: I suppose if it they costed less gas and only more resources than the unit they replicated, they would be more worth it. Wouldn't help the protoss churn out extra voids or immortals if they costed 400 minerals or so. Just some tanks, infestors, and high templar maybe?
+1

blizz is stupid
+1

Make a new gateway unit or a fast unit in the robotic maybe
+1 for dark archons to have mind control instead of replicants!!!!!
To be honest, my big gripe is the cost [200/200?!].

I would lower the cost to say 50/50, and then force the user to pay the cost of the unit being replicated.

ie; if you used a Replicant to make a Zergling, you would first build the replicant [50/50] and copy the zergling [50, makes 2]
To be honest, my big gripe is the cost [200/200?!].

I would lower the cost to say 50/50, and then force the user to pay the cost of the unit being replicated.

ie; if you used a Replicant to make a Zergling, you would first build the replicant [50/50] and copy the zergling [50, makes 2]

Then it would be useless if you go broke, NOT ENOUGH MINERALS!
+1.