Is Day 9 really GM is all 3 races?

General Discussion
11/11/2011 05:41 AMPosted by DwindleFlip
I like day9 on a personal level, but his videos havent done a damn thing for me.

You should probably be watching on Tuesday rather than Monday
His public account is here

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/999000/1/DayNine/

as for others I dunno
He was damn good BW player
but that does not mean he is in GM now, there are BW progamers playing WoL but some of them are even in gold

I guess he has potential to be in masters
But also my personal opinion is that he has hesitation to play 1v1 at all
He wants but at the same time something inside him denies that
Day[9] is my SC2 hero. Watching those Dailies on basic micro/macro made me way better.
Never really got into day9's videos too long for me, although he is pretty hilarius. I watched some Husky before i got sc2 so when i finally got it i was already goldish skill level, i dabbled a bit in every commentators casts, but gradually stopped and started watching streams alot more, ive found that alot of commentators are pretty noob-oriented and fail to realize the though process behind alot of the pros decision making. Nowadays i watch almost all streams, and almost no casts.
hes not GM WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
this statement cannont be proven or disproven at this time he has AT-LEAST 4 different accounts sorry make it 5 for his pub
pub (day9)
random
zerg
terran
protoss
no one knows the 4 he uses he plays them in secret so people cant track him down and spam invite invite invite invite invite invite inviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinviteinvite
he likes to ladder in peace
so tldr i would like to think he is but i dont know and neither do any of you /thred
PS if you think im trolling look it up on liquid he has stated he has multiple accounts for all races.
Who cares?

He understands the game well and could be a mountain of knowledge but each daily takes SOOO long to relate the 5 minutes of great information he has. It's like watching a comedy--you're watching a 1.5 hour movie for 10 minutes of laughs, so you should probably do it while you're doing something else or it's a waste of time.
When he got interviewed by the Times I'm pretty sure he said he was at Diamond skill level.
Well the guy basically is immersed in SC2 Strategy all day, and considering how good the guy's micro is...

It's probably very likely that he can put his Strategy+micro together and get into GM with 3 races
<------------------- is Day9
just watch him2v2 with husky; he's obviously proping husky up and they just about never lose no matter what retarded strat they try, no matter what race he plays and husky is diamond. day9 is GM in his sleep, who cares what season?
11/11/2011 05:41 AMPosted by DwindleFlip
I like day9 on a personal level, but his videos havent done a damn thing for me.

Do you even know him personally?
no.
Day9 is not GM with ANY race. At most, he is masters.

I dont care what "he said he was". His profile says differently.
Day9 is not GM with ANY race. At most, he is masters.

I dont care what "he said he was". His profile says differently.

He has multiple accounts, he's always had multiple accounts, ever since Brood War. He never really told anyone the names of them or anything like that though. He's very private about his personal starcraft experience.
Most played race: Protoss

Lies!!
Most played race: Protoss

Lies!!

He's just a cheeser, day9 would never. :3