Terrans - You're not underpowered

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 22 Next

But then again you dont care about a fair game do you?

... said the terran player

Oh sure, because if you play terran that obviously means you don't want a fair game.
11/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by PwigZ
all 3 are actually around 60%, which as anyone who hasn't dropped out knows, is statistically impossible

just gonna put this out there:

If T wins 50% of TvPs and 50% of TvZs, then T win 67% of its games (assuming there are an equal number of games between each race), as 50% of PvTs are won by T, 50% of ZvTs are won by Ts and 100% of TvTs are won by Ts (50 + 50 + 100 / 3 ~= 67%)
Protoss Cheese
Cannon Rush

QQ
11/13/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Mike
all 3 are actually around 60%, which as anyone who hasn't dropped out knows, is statistically impossible

If T wins 50% of TvPs and 50% of TvZs, then T win 67% of its games (assuming there are an equal number of games between each race), as 50% of PvTs are won by T, 50% of ZvTs are won by Ts and 100% of TvTs are won by Ts (50 + 50 + 100 / 3 ~= 67%)

This has to be the worst use of math I've EVER seen.

This has to be the worst use of math I've EVER seen.

His mistake is that he forgets that every time a terran wins a TvT, a terran loses a TvT. He's counting their wins twice.
His mistake is that he forgets that every time a terran wins a TvT, a terran loses a TvT. He's counting their wins twice.

guess i wasn't explaining it properly. I was saying Ts win 67% of games involving them, and same with Ps and Zs, not if every matchup involved a T player the Ts would average 67% in the case of perfect balance.
11/13/2011 11:37 PMPosted by Mike

guess i wasn't explaining it properly. I was saying Ts win 67% of games involving them, and same with Ps and Zs, not if every matchup involved a T player the Ts would average 67% in the case of perfect balance.
Then the highest winning race would have >67%, terran is the highest with 60%. The math just does not add up.
Who cares about whether something is OP or not. Just get better at the game.
11/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by PwigZ
LiquidTLO 'Look how easy this race is. You build some rax and make marines. Don't stop making marines and keep pushing. It's not very hard. I stayed with terran because it's much easier.' I think he's saying it's easier to win with terran than zerg or protoss. Just a guess. He stated this on his stream one time.

I had a feeling he decided to go Terran because of their current state. I knew he wouldn't stay random much longer.
Boom! A thread that speaks the truth gets reported for trolling.

Wonderful terrans wonderful. Go chew on beef jerky and jack off some more eh?
LiquidTLO 'Look how easy this race is. You build some rax and make marines. Don't stop making marines and keep pushing. It's not very hard. I stayed with terran because it's much easier.' I think he's saying it's easier to win with terran than zerg or protoss. Just a guess. He stated this on his stream one time.

I had a feeling he decided to go Terran because of their current state. I knew he wouldn't stay random much longer.

If it's so easy why isn't he winning tournaments? Now that I think about it, has TLO ever won a tournament ever? Why are koreans the only players that can do anything with Terran. The answer is they have sick mechanics and Terran is by far the hardest race mechanically. I don't even want to hear that Zerg is, they have the EASIEST macro and they don't even have micro. Now that Blizzard has nerfed every early game rush Zerg is just faceroll.

If you have subpar micro, macro and multi tasking, you can't succeed at a high level with terran. You have to be able to do it all. If you only know how to macro with Zerg, you're fine. You don't need good micro because there isn't any, and if you use the right hotkey setup then injecting larvae becomes incredibly easy so there goes multi tasking.
11/13/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Mike

you can't use mirror matches like that
on a TvT one T always wins and one always loses. so this match has 100% chance of win and 100% chance of lose, right?
11/14/2011 06:55 AMPosted by Skoooo

If it's so easy why isn't he winning tournaments? Now that I think about it, has TLO ever won a tournament ever? Why are koreans the only players that can do anything with Terran. The answer is they have sick mechanics and Terran is by far the hardest race mechanically. I don't even want to hear that Zerg is, they have the EASIEST macro and they don't even have micro. Now that Blizzard has nerfed every early game rush Zerg is just faceroll.

If you have subpar micro, macro and multi tasking, you can't succeed at a high level with terran. You have to be able to do it all. If you only know how to macro with Zerg, you're fine. You don't need good micro because there isn't any, and if you use the right hotkey setup then injecting larvae becomes incredibly easy so there goes multi tasking.

So because one pro isn't winning tournaments with Terran means Terran isn't easy?

Holy !@#$ you fail logic.
11/14/2011 06:55 AMPosted by Skoooo

Lol dont get mad at me. Just reposting the opinion of a pro level terran player who used to be full on random. For the record, if you suck at anything in the pro level, chances are you aren't there for long.

Not to mention you're ignoring all the Koreans who play other races, but still get shutout at gsl