Rules of Starcraft

Joeyray's Bar
I highly doubt anyone will ever hear a Commander say, "Hey, the enemy could sneak in through there and attack us. Build a f****** barracks to block it off!"

What part of the military were you in?
I highly doubt anyone will ever hear a Commander say, "Hey, the enemy could sneak in through there and attack us. Build a f****** barracks to block it off!"

What part of the military were you in?

dood i was in the military. I stopped trying to make sense of what my higher ups were thinking because it hurt my brain.
11/21/2011 10:25 AMPosted by LeKroger
21.Reapers should not be able to hop up and down cliffs without breaking their legs.

They use jetpacks for that which is why they can in the first place.

When they land on top of the cliff, the pull of gravity should be strong enough to make them fall-unless the jetpacks are strong enough to make them fly. Which they aren't.

When they land on top of the cliff, the pull of gravity should be strong enough to make them fall-unless the jetpacks are strong enough to make them fly. Which they aren't.

They hover around, dude. Don't you notice? When idle, they sway back and forth on their jet packs, and simply have the jet pack propel them around as they move. Besides, the cliffs are shown to be only 1 or 2 marines high, and they can only cliff jump one level of cliff at a time.
11/22/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Daddy

No the jetpacks are not powerful enough for prolonged flight, just long enough to move them up or down. Think of it like a vertical take off aircraft gravity is strong enough to pull those down yet it does not because of the aircraft's engine/propellers and using lift to keep it in the air. Jetpacks do the same and when landing you can use it to slow your fall.
11/22/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Daddy

They are strong enough, but fuel is limited. Why does that not make sense?
29. High Templar should carry psi-blades. If they're too honorable for lasers, at least go for blades!
30. Only Zerg can "zerg" people. It makes no sense to talk about how a Terran or Protoss army "zerged" your main base. It should be "Terraned" or "Protossed". Actually, that second one might work...
31.Marines should have a pistol sidearm XD
11/23/2011 11:59 AMPosted by Terrorz
31.Marines should have a pistol sidearm XD

Let's redo that...

31. Marines should each have a sidearm. They shouldn't all carry Gauss rifles, too. Some carry shotguns (insta-kill Zergling+splash), advance fire-and-forget missile launchers (massive damage vs armored), and Gauss machine guns (with rate of fire of a stimmed marine, so imagine them when stimmed).
Okay, you guys win. I've got some more rules:

32. The ghost's EMP round should shut off Ravens and make them crash. They are robotic, aren't they?
33. Drop-pods containing MULEs should technically kill SCVs when they land.
34. For their size, Carriers should be able to carry WAY more interceptors then they normally do.
35. Adult ultralisks should not be able to hatch from a tiny egg.
36. Queens should not cost control. They oversee the hive cluster, much like overlords oversee Zerg.
37. SCVs should be more powerful. They are controlling a huge 12-foot tall metal suit with a giant drill capable of breaking through solid crystal...and a zergling can beat them.
32. The ghost's EMP round should shut off Ravens and make them crash. They are robotic, aren't they? 34. For their size, Carriers should be able to carry WAY more interceptors then they normally do. 37. SCVs should be more powerful. They are controlling a huge 12-foot tall metal suit with a giant drill capable of breaking through solid crystal...and a zergling can beat them

Agreed on all of those.

38. Siege tanks in Siege mode should have longer range but accuracy shouldn't be spot on. They are artillery.
39. Mutalisks should have the ability to turn and shoot with their tails, not the pheonix.
40. Nydus worms should be able to eat units around them, like the new shredder unit.
41.Marines and other terran units running off of bullets should have ammo. Say a marine engages some zerglings and begins to unload on them, he should eventually have to reload+ run out of clips of ammo, and return to a base to acquire more.
42. Motherships should kill a Marauder in one hit, and have as much health as a building. Come on.
43. Whenever a Phoenix turns to shoot it should start flying that direction.
44. Bullets should ricoche off plasma shields and hurt units in LoF.
45. BC's should be as big as a Mothership.
46. Ultralisks should squish Marines/Zerglings/Zealots under their feet
47. Carriers should have 20 Interceptors stored inside them.