Combatex vs Destiny in 15 minutes

General Discussion

I have half as many games played as you, and I'm in diamond.

Your name says it all.
11/13/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Mycroft
I supposed there's a reason why after 400+ wins you're still in Bronze league.

OK, I realize that the following scenario I'm about to show you doesn't apply to Flupple, but I just thought I'd point out that just because somone have 400+ wins doesn't mean they are all 1v1's.

About 300 of my league wins are team games (I only started playing 1v1s recently). I would have gone up from bronze to silver in about 20 games if the stupid ladder lock hadn't come into effect right then ^_^
11/13/2011 01:48 PMPosted by Fluppuple
Should I care?
11/13/2011 02:54 PMPosted by FeIdspar
http://i.imgur.com/2Qs5x.png

Call down the ban hammer.
Combatex admitted that it was his account in the stream. HOWEVER he was not stream cheating. Him, destiny, and both casters talked after the game and all agreed on this. Destiny stated that even if combat had been streamcheating it would not have helped him at all.

edit: to clarify, combat had the stream paused and was going to read the comments afterwords. Destiny justified this claim after the matches in the stream skype call.
Haha. Shut the f*** up, Shiori. He was preparing for a baneling bust? You think that 8 buildings thick wall doesn't do equally well vs his infestor push? If you're defending someone like Combat, you're pretty much losing every ounce of respect I might have had for you.

Not stream cheating? Then how do you defend that screenshot I posted on page 1.

If a zerg stays on one base for that long what are they doing? Choices are:
A. Baneling bust
B. Nydus
C. fast muta
D. Mass roach
E. Fast infestor

Combat prepared for every single one of these situations. Building cannons in your main and going stargate is not something someone would do if they knew infestors were coming.
Why don't they just put a lag or delay on stream, like 30 seconds after stuff happens it broadcasts or something? Or just don't invite that cheating bastard?!
It's hilarious to me how everyone acts like Combat isn't good. I hate him with all my heart, but he's actually really good. It is indeed possible for him to beat Destiny straight up, and I'm pretty sure he just did. I like Destiny, but you folks that want Destiny's *%@@!*@@ need to get over the fact that he was outplayed.
11/13/2011 01:48 PMPosted by Fluppuple
Should I care?

That's actually a very good question. I don't know. I do not.
Interesting. I think the Deezer vs CombatEx had plenty of BM, wonder how much this had lol.
11/13/2011 09:43 PMPosted by Neiko
Interesting. I think the Deezer vs CombatEx had plenty of BM, wonder how much this had lol.

There was a good amount of BM. Most of it funny.

After his match with Destiny, CombatEx played a game against some European female GM. At this point I think he took his bm too far. Instead of being funny it came off as kind of creepy. She was pretty terrible compared to him, but I don't think that excuses some of the things he said.
11/13/2011 05:38 PMPosted by Kalel
I supposed there's a reason why after 400+ wins you're still in Bronze league.

OK, I realize that the following scenario I'm about to show you doesn't apply to Flupple, but I just thought I'd point out that just because somone have 400+ wins doesn't mean they are all 1v1's.

About 300 of my league wins are team games (I only started playing 1v1s recently). I would have gone up from bronze to silver in about 20 games if the stupid ladder lock hadn't come into effect right then ^_^

Odd because even though he has 450+ wins, every single one of the brackets that he participates in is Bronze.
Destiny is entertaining to watch on his stream but he has been getting progressively worse and was getting outplayed in those games.

That said, CombatEX is really annoying to watch the way he behaves and relies on getting people emotionally riled at him to gain an edge (valid tactic to win but it's still really annoying)

It is because the infestor got nerfed. He's been !@#$ ever since.
I can't understand you forum people. Attacking each other, calling each other "less intelligent", "fanboys" etc for no reason, how old exactly are you people? And of course there's that guy who asked "do I care" and went on to post some crap on page 1.

For CombatEx vs Destiny, I support neither, but if I had to pick a side I would go for Destiny. I don't like cheaters, even if they're only cheaters in the past.

I'd still pick CombatEX all the way thru. The only reason Destiny even WINS games is because of mass infestor and how good chain fungal growth is. Before the Infestor buff in March, Destiny was a nobody. Even IdrA commented that Destiny isn't a very good player. And this is coming from another Zerg player, lmfao.

The simple fact is that if you haven't learned anything from your 450+ wins (which usually means at least 800+ games) and still being in bronze, Starcraft is probably the least of your problems when it comes to learning.

Yes, time investment, I'd rather invest time into my AP classes than Starcraft

I care. And if you could see where I was posting from you would !@#$ yourself. All the starcraft 2 players I know personally are extremely intelligent and hard working. Why would you come on a forums for a game and belittle the people here who play it and enjoy it? After all, its a game forum and you are taking your time to post in it and debate with others on it, that makes you as much a "nerd" as they are.

Very few of us are eating doritos and living in our mothers basement with our dungeons and dragons cards.

I read the forums on my iphone while I'm in between things throughout the day. I play in the evening for a few minutes when I have time. I watch tournaments when other people would be watching TV.

It's actually a game that is very manageable time wise, there are few penalties for staying away for periods of time.