You know you watch too much StarCraft...

General Discussion
...when instead of thinking "I'm glad I finished that term paper before I ran out of coffee!" you think "My macro is amazing! I was able to make that term paper GG before I mined out my main!"
When you plan your workout sessions, you call it a build order.
Ochem is terran in this analogy.
When obligations are like Zerglings. You really don't want to do them until the last second.
...when you refer to multitasking as macromanagement...

...and other people as players.

I've fallen into these traps before.

No signature.
...when instead of thinking "I'm glad I finished that term paper before I ran out of coffee!" you think "My macro is amazing! I was able to make that term paper GG before I mined out my main!"

Nice, I know some people who like to cheese their papers out to end the round quickly, except sometimes their cheese gets scouted and they get kicked out of school
when you say GG after a debate. (my friend actually did that once... FAIL)
When you suddenly shout "MICRO!" when you hit a good shot in ping pong.
True story, in a job interview I was asked about my boss at my current job, and I said he doesn't micromanage much, he's more of a macro boss.

I didn't get the job...
When your interaction with new girls that you meet goes through the "early-game", "mid-game", and "late-game" phases.

Oh, and the number of failures is irrelevant... it's the victories that matter!
YOU KNOW YOU WATCH TOO MUCH STARCRAFT...

when I think I can straight up copy their skills in game and not get even close :(
11/16/2011 06:42 AMPosted by pkat
YOU KNOW YOU WATCH TOO MUCH STARCRAFT...

When your non-starcraft watching wife knows who Idra, TLO, and Spanisha are, what races they play, and what Husky and Day9 look like.
I apply micro to everything. Ill drive and swirve, dodging a car and be all like "luckily for that noob my pro micro saved the day".
I apply micro to everything. Ill drive and swirve, dodging a car and be all like "luckily for that noob my pro micro saved the day".

i was about to say, i just bought a car and got it in manual so i could micro as much as possible. now smoke a cig while downshifting and taking a turn, maybe !@#$ing with the speakers--you need really high apm to execute that effectively.
when you call "mutalisk" all flying beings harassing your food or body =x
When you require more minerals so you go to work.
11/16/2011 03:30 AMPosted by Dread
When obligations are like Zerglings. You really don't want to do them until the last second.

You want to do zerglings?
11/16/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Oblivious
Ochem is terran in this analogy

This.

And You know when you watch too much starcraft when you start saying Idra rage when you face hard homework. OR when you draw flippin tables on your tests when your bored.

Or referencing day9 to everything you do in life (it actually works really well)