Mutas need to be more durable?

Zerg Discussion
Well they're no good vs marines, but ok vs thors if you micro. Also, they're good vs stalkers en mass but still fall quite rapidly.
In HotS both races get more effective counters to mutalisks, but that means that the already semi-counters mixed in would make mutalisks much harder to use.
Should mutalisks be able to take more damage so they can actually win vs groups of marines (a unit they're built to beat) and barely trade cost for cost with stalkers.
Just asking for opinions.
Mutas are built to be good vs workers
Oh oh! I know the answer to this one!

No. 120 health is pretty good for a unit that never has to fight.
They almost will surely need a buff in HOTS, but in WOL theyre one of the most balanced units in the game
11/20/2011 06:02 AMPosted by gTxOverZero
Well they're no good vs marines, but ok vs thors if you micro.

Lol, being a useless Zerg played, I tried magic box 52 muta's vs 5 thors. They dissapeared. :)

Muta's are more than fine, they're already too strong against Toss, hence their popularity at masters.
Hmmmmmm

52 mutalisk. 5200/5200.

5 thors. 1500/1000

I WONDER WHY THE MUTALISK WON?

+ Magic Box = Gasp!

Anyway @OP, Mutas don't need to be more durable, they're designed for harass, not to go and charge straight into a bunch of upgraded Marines
11/20/2011 08:02 AMPosted by Nasreth

Urm, my muta's dissapeared, not the other way around.

sure, it's always a good idea to make the game even easier
What do you mean not good vs. marines? you plague the marines, fly in the mutas and then.... oh....

Urm, my muta's dissapeared, not the other way around.

If you magic box properly Mutas become decent against Thors

IE, you didn't magic box properly

Lol, yes not it was an epic fail! As I said, I'm a useless Zerg player! Splash damage got the better of me.
It's a harassment unit and I'm surprised at how powerful it is right now which is surprising to see. It does not need more HP as its not a combat unit.
I think that's a marine issue as opposed to a muta issue.

Lol, yes not it was an epic fail! As I said, I'm a useless Zerg player! Splash damage got the better of me.

if u magic box, there is no splash dmg
u do know u fly over the thors and press stop right?
u don't use the attack command at all or u risk clumping
Of things that need changes in the game, mutas are not amoung them. They are probably the most versatile unit in the game after the marine.
if u magic box, there is no splash dmg
u do know u fly over the thors and press stop right?
u don't use the attack command at all or u risk clumping

Yep, I get it.

Tough not to clump 52 units together though, very badly executed.