Colossus move too fast

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
11/26/2011 06:49 AMPosted by Reno
Colossus aren't an issue for zerg but they are for terran?

They are a rather large issue for zerg I don't know what hes talking about.
11/26/2011 08:22 AMPosted by Dwarfspider

I'm new to this game, but you're hilarious. Thor move slower than colossus, therefore colossus = op? Wow that is some high level troll-logic. And btw how often do you see a colossus 1 on 1 a thor?

You're odd, I must say. Pulling things from hammerspace and taking things out of context is your specialty, I assume?

Pretending to know what things mean and subsequently use them incorrectly in a sentence is your specialty, I assume?

(Hint: I'm talking about "hammerspace.")
I was refering to the "ball" mobility as a whole. Zergs don't have much issue with that since they don't have SLOW massive units. Creep nullifies that issue
broodlords.
The Colossus is designed to be nimble. It's quicker than other units and more mobile. Another thing to note is that it can not attack air units. So it's very easy to be picked off. Unlike the Thor, which can attack air.
11/26/2011 07:27 AMPosted by HuMoDz
The point I guess is that colossi move at 2.25 speed and thors move at 1.88 speed which means colossi can kite thors if they wanted to.

and ultralisks move at 2.95...

except they suck, they're melee and not 9 range cliffwalkers
11/26/2011 06:53 AMPosted by Ravis
Zergs don't have much issue with that since they don't have SLOW massive units.

You're right, broodlords move at blazing speeds.
11/26/2011 09:09 AMPosted by Fike
Vikings and corruptors are faster, and they are the counters, thats enough.

Vikings and corruptors are faster

Vikings and corruptors

corruptors

corr

upt

ors

not sure if you're actually complaining about this.

Not sure if you're confused about the ideologically conflicting concepts of "mobile" and "slowest units".
larva, queens, and overlords (which can be upgraded to a pretty swift speed to 1.8--also keep in mind our pylons don't move o_0) are not really intended to be mobile off creep. They're not needed, either.

Your complaint is pretty ridiculous.

Now, if the broodlord was fast it would be SUPER OP. A flying unit that has a seige distance of like 10 that moves fast and shoots units that can continue to chase down their victims and make them re-direct their firepower would be plain stupid.
It's just stupid that a standard terran army HAS TO !@#$ING RUN cause they'll be the first to lose army in the first exchange of fire. No matter what... so the ONLY option for a cleaner exchange would be to try to take out the Colossus x 3 but even that's a crap option because
Stalkers are ALWAYS at the front in the ball ready to take out vikings so easily. Despite being range 9, Vikings will always get %^-* on first before they'll manage to kill the 2nd colossus.

It only takes ONE VOLLEY from 2-3 Colossus (a standard in most late game deathballs) to wipe out 6-10 infantry at a time.
It takes at least 2 volleys from 6 vikings (12 if you really devoted the resources to killing one in ONE volley but that ends up gimping the ground army vs the stalkers. And with the targeted colossus moving further to the back, they're usually pretty safe.

Every late game exchange will always involve Terran would be...
1) Losing too many vikings cause Stalkers ezmode defend colosus, there in the infantry are left to get melted by Colossus. Terran forced to keep running away like chickens ? that's not a viable strat.

2) Losing too many infantry cause of the colossus range advantage whenever terran have to stop to open fire on the death ball, leaving Vikings to fend for themselves against stalkers.

Lose-Lose.
Somebody should average up the speeds of each unit of every race, without upgrades, zerg off creep. Would be interesting to see.
Yall act like Terran only has bio, they also have mech and port too I hear, and this thing called a ghost was so op against Toss it got a nerf, Terrans complaining about running like a chicken makes me lmao, now you know how we feel when we have to hide behind ff like cowards because Terran tier 1 roflstomps Toss tier 1, the only people that should be qqing about the deathball is zergs and they get an answer in HOTS.
Collosus moving - Collosus not shooting. Resolved.
11/27/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Rahl
pretty swift speed to 1.8

You heard it here, folks. 1.8 is a swift speed in this game.
11/27/2011 03:11 PMPosted by Wolf
Somebody should average up the speeds of each unit of every race, without upgrades, zerg off creep. Would be interesting to see.

The average for zerg turns out to be about -52.33 after factoring hydras off creep.
Yeah...you have tanks with 13 range and vikings with 9 range. You're so bad. Can't even win when all the chips are stacked against Protoss...sad.
11/26/2011 07:40 AMPosted by Doshingham
I leave these forums for a week, then come back to a ton of terran tears about protoss, what exactly happened?

yea, for the past few days (day before thanksgiving) i got a virus. it blocked my internet in a sense (it pretends to be an antivirus. its windows home security 2012. i pity anyone else who has had it, as it is a stubborn bastard.) but anyways, what did i miss?

11/26/2011 07:06 AMPosted by Astrai
It's amazing how this massive unit is moving faster than thors and can keep up well with stalkers

Stalker; 2.95 movement speed.

Colossus; 2.25

So no, they don't 'keep up well with Stalkers.'

And now matter how you try to throw vikings at it, the movement speed of the colossus makes it rediculously strong cause it has a WAY easier time maintaining survivability by easily falling behind the stalker AA defense.

Vikings have equal range to Colossi and 3 more than Stalkers. Vikings also move at 2.75, meaning Colossi cannot escape from them.

The problem is much more likely that you're still trying to go Marine/Marauder with some Medivacs and Vikings against a much higher tech Protoss army.

he explains it better than i do :)

The average for zerg turns out to be about -52.33 after factoring hydras off creep.

Not counting Broodlings or Larvae. All units off creep. No upgrades.

Baneling: 2.5
Broodlord: 1.4062
Changeling: 2.25
Corruptor: 2.9531
Drone: 2.8125
Hydralisk: 2.5
Infested Terran: 0.9375
Infestor: 2.25
Mutalisk: 3.75
Overlord: 0.4687
Overseer: 1.875
Queen: 0.9375
Roach: 2.1562
Ultra: 2.9531
Zergling: 2.9531

Average: 2.15735

I might've missed some units.

Source: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_Wiki

Your suppose to add everything and then divide by however many times you added

2+5+3+4 = 14
14 / 4 = 3.5 Avg

Not that these numbers mean anything =p
Why are people mentioning tanks in the scenario of TvP? Do players not realize that tanks are pretty much horrible in TvP? Let me name the units that *%@%%@@% tanks:

Chargelots
Blink stalkers
Phoenix do pretty well
Immortals
Archons

4 out of 5 of those units are used heavily in TvP.