Does anyone acctually enjoy ZvZ?

Zerg Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/16/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Geo
ZvZ is the most fun match up in the game for me. Its the only time I don't feel like I'm playing at a disadvantage right from the start.

You're doing something wrong.
zvz is among the most fun match up ever , i win 90% of all the games in zvz , so winning adds to the fun

its fun to kill those macro zerg with strong pressure , going hatch first without scouting the enemy at all is just disrespectful

its also fun destroying those early pool all ins and spine rushes
I don't dislike that match up, I'm just really bad at it. I never know how to handle it, but I'm hoping with more practice I'll get better.
yes its a completely different match up from zvt or zvp
zvz is my favorite match up
At the start of the ling/bling war you can already feel who the better player is.

Defensive roach openings work to deter the ling/bling war.

If someone opens roach vs me i just spine up tech to mutas -->infestors --> ultras
I LOVE ZvZ. Its so much better than TvT tank wars. ZvZ is by far my favorite mirror matchup to play.
I love ZvZ its one of the hardest matchups you can find, it tests your knowledge of zerg and your ideas of what to do and what your opponent might do, imo best and hardest match up in SC2 atm, LOVE IT
11/17/2011 01:02 AMPosted by Kalookakoo
ZvZ is the most fun match up in the game for me. Its the only time I don't feel like I'm playing at a disadvantage right from the start.

Ya, you are Zerg is supposed to feel that way in all matchups ;)
I enjoy ZvZ, but I don't enjoy constant ZvZ. Just like I don't enjoy constant ZvT or ZvP.

Blame North American ladder and all the popular zerg streams on twitch.tv that get morons to switch races everyday.

Why can't we just be like Korea and China and either stay the minority or at least have a better variation of matchups on ladder?

ZvZ after ZvZ in Diamond/Master/Grandmaster really blows, whereas in the lower leagues, it's all Protoss and Terran players.

I hope they buff Protoss or Terran, or something. Being a zerg player since SC1 and starting as Zerg in SC2 makes me angry that my race has become the biggest and most popular, thus most butchered, nerfed or attention seeking all of a sudden.

All of these Protoss and Terrans must go back!!!
I enjoy ZvZ, but I don't enjoy constant ZvZ. Just like I don't enjoy constant ZvT or ZvP.

Blame North American ladder and all the popular zerg streams on twitch.tv that get morons to switch races everyday.

Why can't we just be like Korea and China and either stay the minority or at least have a better variation of matchups on ladder?

ZvZ after ZvZ in Diamond/Master/Grandmaster really blows, whereas in the lower leagues, it's all Protoss and Terran players.

I hope they buff Protoss or Terran, or something. Being a zerg player since SC1 and starting as Zerg in SC2 makes me angry that my race has become the biggest and most popular, thus most butchered, nerfed or attention seeking all of a sudden.

All of these Protoss and Terrans must go back!!!

Same here. +9001
I like it because I don't often run into it in bronze. However I find it difficult. Most ZvZ I am in the opponent gets what he needs ~30 seconds before me, so I frequently lose
11/17/2011 01:02 AMPosted by Kalookakoo

YEAH

You picked Zerg.
I dont really mind any matchup. I just think. Suck up your tears and play the game.
Low level Zerg/Protoss player here.

ZvZ, from what I notice, seems to have the same builds in use in bronze as in pro matches.

Personally, I never liked the matchup. I don't like PvP either. Both of these feel fairly coin-flippy to me. No opinion on TvT, because outside of my practice league days, I can only ever recall playing one, which I won because marine/tank/ghosts with nukes kind of destroys mass marines.
hate when they go muta so annoying.
Is there some way to not have it be ling/bane? Is there some sort of defensive opening I can do where I can easily transition into roaches or something and not have to do this crap?

On maps with narrow ramps you can easily block the ramp with 5 roaches. This will shut down a 1 base banling early all in. How you get to 5 roaches varies but I go
14 pool
100% pool to Roach warren and double gas
Only get 4 lings(max) for scouting then 5 or more roaches and the mass lings and banlings are usually stopped.

Scouting is important though because if they fast expand they will end up with the advantage. If they expand after they try to run up your ramp then you can easily all in later or crush their expo and expand yourself.