AvG vs Avast

General Discussion
I'm getting that damn ping.exe virus that's been going around; which one is better? So far I have AvG and it's detecting it's own stuff as a virus....
damn good thing i have a mac
AVG is a piece of !@#$. i'd go with avast if i were you, i havent had any viruses with it since having this computer for like 2 years.
Eset or kaspersky
I haven't had a virus scanner in like... 10 years? lol, even with my windows xp i never used one.

This ping.exe is nasty though; it's a backdoor that runs your own windows system files agaisn't you so most virus scanners don't pick it up. After using AVG, AVAST, Malware anti-bytes none of them worked to get rid of it.

So i did a system restore; now my computer is fine again. Computer viruses are just no match for super virus makers.
For future reference http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
is the best free AV product out right now.

No ads. Low resources used and high detection and decent cleaning.

Good stuff.
I haven't had a virus scanner in like... 10 years? lol, even with my windows xp i never used one.

This ping.exe is nasty though; it's a backdoor that runs your own windows system files agaisn't you so most virus scanners don't pick it up. After using AVG, AVAST, Malware anti-bytes none of them worked to get rid of it.

So i did a system restore; now my computer is fine again. Computer viruses are just no match for super virus makers.

Me too, once I got a virus that kept installing some Performance Solution Brincome crap, which kept poping ads at random times, I had to format, since no antivirus/spyware remover worked, so just format.