Terrans, Time to get innovative.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
i was reading up and apparently blizzard originally designated the reaper as a good counter to zealots. Thats right folks you want to be able to beat charglets you make reapers blizzard says so. Maybe the solution to terran's problems is GVR: ghost, vikings, and reapers with some marines thrown into the mix or.... maybe not.....
How can we get inovative? Everything we have that WAS or is usefull has been nerfed to oblivion!
Like Flux Vanes and KA?

250mm Cannon nerf was too much IMO.

Yeah researching KA was sure an innovative protoss strategy.

No wait, it was just absurdly broken.

Want to compare nerfs? Terran has been hit far far far far worse than your race.

Uh... duh? Because Terran started out far far far far more broken than Protoss.
Stop complaining about the various imbalances of all the races. This thread was made to discuss new creative terran strategies. I'm not even terran but I appreciate a thread like that.

Lets all stop raging and trolling and stay on topic.
I didn't know Terran could handle and more than two units in a composition at once...

But good strategies, liked ^^

I'd laugh if you weren't so wrong. Terrans always use more than 2 units in a build.

Against protoss in general matchups or late game, they go with marines, marauders, ghosts, and medivacs. You'll also have to add in vikings if the protoss goes with colossi in high numbers. Even the 1/1/1 build goes with more than 2 units. A raven, siege tanks, banshees, marines, and if it's an all-in, alot of SCVs.

Against zerg, terrans go with marines, medivacs, siege tanks generally but will add in hellions, marauders, and/or thors depending on what the zerg generally focuses on. In late game, the terran may get ghosts to snipe broodlords and to help take down ultralisks.
Basically. A great example: Force fields against Zerg were shown to be very strong and at least borderline overpowered this weekend at MLG. Will they be nerfed? I am not sure (personally, I hope so, but that's not relevant).

However, when Terran showed blue flame hellions were very strong at MLG Anaheim, the next thing you know boom - they're nerfed.

So as a Protoss, think about it that way. Imagine if you found out tomorrow that the next patch notes had a serious nerf to force fields. That would be like what it feels like to be Terran since the game came out.

You miss one thing.
Without FF, protoss just die in 5 min.
Without BFH, terran is still fine

The irony of the BFH nerf was that it was nerfed to balance out TVT and not TVZ or TVP. XD
Get blue flame hellions. Not only do you now have a unit that can decimate an entire mineral line, but it's a 100 mineral unit that does aoe damage to light units. Is there some reason that this is difficult to implement?

Terran has counter to mass zealots, but all I see in every single game is just more marines and marauders. Marauders, the unit that does no bonus damage to zealots. Stop building them all the time! I know they were once the end all be all of tvp, but try something else out! You don't need to go mmmvg every single game!

I also find the posters who dismiss thors to be slightly confusing. A high templar does not in any way instantaneously kill a thor with feedback. Even if you allowed the thor to build up to 100% energy feedback would bring it to 50% hp. This is only if you sit around for a few minutes and let them build up.

But, aside from thors in pvt (there are units on both sides that neither race can utilize very often) terran has plenty of options. Perhaps the mmmvg impetus has simply taken over most players? Just build 2 factories late game and pump hellions with bf. Roast whole mineral lines. Watch zealots vanish into those colorful puffs of vaguely alien-shaped smoke.

Just... use some other units people.
Saying that terran has more than 2 units in their army is completely true! I admire the mix of units that terrans put together. However, it's the same mix every time. You shouldn't be surprised that p has become quite skilled at defending against that unit composition.
11/23/2011 08:58 AMPosted by fate
Why innovate, they'll just nerf it out of the game.

Now that's the kind of positive attitude that we need.
Thors have never worked for me. I hate them and refuse to use them. They are slow, weak, and get beat by everything, including the stuff they're supposed to counter.

No one better complain about Protoss and the GSL ever again. Ever.
I didn't know Terran could handle and more than two units in a composition at once...

But good strategies, liked ^^

I'd laugh if you weren't so wrong. Terrans always use more than 2 units in a build.

Against protoss in general matchups or late game, they go with marines, marauders, ghosts, and medivacs. You'll also have to add in vikings if the protoss goes with colossi in high numbers. Even the 1/1/1 build goes with more than 2 units. A raven, siege tanks, banshees, marines, and if it's an all-in, alot of SCVs.

Against zerg, terrans go with marines, medivacs, siege tanks generally but will add in hellions, marauders, and/or thors depending on what the zerg generally focuses on. In late game, the terran may get ghosts to snipe broodlords and to help take down ultralisks.

Protoss currently utilize more units in the late game than terran does. Early game, both races utilize a variety of strategies, tactics, unit compositions, builds, etc. It's the 3 base + time period where terran grows stale and becomes a reactive race rather than a driving race. I don't think this is inherent but simply down to style.
I Think terran's(including me) cannot be innovative because of the ridigidness of terran's tech tree.
Best Terran strategy would be switching to Protoss.

Easiest race in game

I thought you were leaving to play LoL because crippling imbalance was crushing your soul in gold league?

Or was that just a hollow threat to try to strong-arm blizzard into buffing Terran back to being OP for another 15 months?
11/23/2011 09:24 AMPosted by fate
Considering the top terran players are koreans in team houses and play 10+ hours a day, why not? It was also the race most koreans picked, and devoted their considerable practice regimen towards mastering.

Well, looking at this from a competitive standpoint, wouldn't it make sense for the best to pick the race with the most advantages and exploits in the game? They're playing for their livelyhood, so it would make sense they would pick the race with the biggest advantages in the game: uber cheap units and a broken macro mechanic that lets them be the only race that can oversaturate mineral lines and stay on one base the longest.