Chrono Boost Balance

General Discussion
Hey, its Pisces again.

So, I've been looking on the forums, and there has been a lot of tears shed over the various races' macro balance. Judging from what I see, I have a solution.

First off, MULEs already give a lot of bonus minerals which translate to basically everything, so I'm not going to mess with it.

Now Chrono. Chronos increase your production of things by 50%, meaning you can have almost a 33% faster production rush. By this logic, a Protoss should never lose a tech race.

But what about Zerg? They have to divide their larva between workers and units seperately, so they deserve a boost.

So I found a solution. For every bonus larva you have, it should increase production efficiency by 8.3325%!

It makes perfect sense, because Inject Larva gives you four larva, and a fourth of 33% is 8.3325. It wouldn't be imbalanced, because you wouldn't always have this boost due to having to spend it, but it would balance it enough.

Spawn larva already increases your production. Before you would have to drop an extra hatch.
11/27/2011 10:16 AMPosted by Frostman
Spawn larva already increases your production. Before you would have to drop an extra hatch.

Yes, but not as much as balanced would be, as you don't get free anything. You still have to spend money on workers OR units. Please read the thread and understand the logic behind it before posting stupid comments, thanks.
Hey, its Pisces again.

So, I've been looking on the forums, and there has been a lot of tears shed over the various races' macro balance. Judging from what I see, I have a solution.

First off, MULEs already give a lot of bonus minerals which translate to basically everything, so I'm not going to mess with it.

Now Chrono. Chronos increase your production of things by 50%, meaning you can have almost a 33% faster production rush. By this logic, a Protoss should never lose a tech race.

But what about Zerg? They have to divide their larva between workers and units seperately, so they deserve a boost.

So I found a solution. For every bonus larva you have, it should increase production efficiency by 8.3325%!

It makes perfect sense, because Inject Larva gives you four larva, and a fourth of 33% is 8.3325. It wouldn't be imbalanced, because you wouldn't always have this boost due to having to spend it, but it would balance it enough.

Sure as long as larva counts as supply.
Hey, its Pisces again.

I'd suggest you to just learn to play better. The time took for you to do all these calculations can already get yourself out of Bronze.

Before you jump to conclusions, check my last season to confirm if I'm a smurf or not.

Sure as long as larva counts as supply.

Mules and chronos don't cost supply, therefore your argument has no validity.
Now Chrono. Chronos increase your production of things by 50%, meaning you can have almost a 33% faster production rush. By this logic, a Protoss should never lose a tech race

Incorrect.

Chrono Boost has 20 seconds uptime and takes 45 seconds to recharge.

This means one Nexus provides 24% work boost to one building.

Well, this is obviously assuming you have multiple nexuses and good APM.
I would like you to know that mules give absolutely no minerals. They help you mine them a bit faster. I don't get why people would think that.
11/27/2011 10:25 AMPosted by CupOfWin
I would like you to know that mules give absolutely no minerals. They help you mine them a bit faster. I don't get why people would think that.

You make them for free, they give you bonus minerals for no supply. That's a gift with no disadvantage, therefore a give.
11/27/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Pisces

And units cannot pop out of mules or chronoboost... oh snap, are different races different?

And units cannot pop out of mules or chronoboost... oh snap, are different races different?

Units do pop out of chronoboosts, and calldown mule does make units pop out. Please think before posting...

11/27/2011 10:28 AMPosted by IvanDrago
I agree, but I think spawn larvae should increase larvae by 12 larvae on inject. It's about right as far as mules increasing the money supply of Terran, and balanced because Zerg have to split up between economy and units.

Of course not, that's far to drastic. This solution is perfect because it doesn't make you have insta-massability.
What a goblin
11/27/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Pisces
Units do pop out of chronoboosts, and calldown mule does make units pop out. Please think before posting...

Wait wait wait, I can transform my mule into a mega mole? I thought I saw weird things floating around my games, are those chronoboost spirits?
11/27/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Mediocrates
What a goblin