Would you trade

Terran Discussion
Combat shields for +1 range?

Discuss
In some sercumstances sure, i can see it being viable in alot of situations, but combat shields is good to stay i'd say ;)
no.. it will make marines have the same range of marauders and will be stuck with them instead of both shooting..

Combat shields are better
Nope, need shields for banelines, or stim is suicide. Banes do 25 damage, plus 10 to light, so they do 35 to marines. Rines only have 45 hitpoints, stim takes 10 off, single bane kills dozen marines.

Discuss
No but Marines do need the UMS shell upgrade. they had it in BW, dunno why they removed it.

UMS??? i dont remember that
No but Marines do need the UMS shell upgrade. they had it in BW, dunno why they removed it.

UMS??? i dont remember that

U-238 Shells is the correct upgrade. Not "UMS shell".

Discuss

You realize removing that upgrade was a buff, right?

Marines were 4 range in BW, and needed the upgrade to get to 5 range. Now they're 5 range by default, and got an upgrade instead that increases their life by 10 (which marines had 40 HP in BW as well, so they already got 5 free HP for some reason, with a potential 15 HP above them in BW)

So yeah, big improvement.
I wouldn't trade but I would agree to making marines have 4 range with +1 upgradeable tier 1. Should stop certain bull!@#$ from happening early game whilst not diminishing their late game power. Of course I'm talking about a 50/25 upgrade cost and fast upgrade similar to concussive, the idea is to stop marine all-ins from being that powerful.

Just my thoughts.
why discuss about hypothetical things that wont ever happen?

Would you trade a million dollars for 10 years of life?

Would you trade your family for a cure for cancer?

would you trade your soul for gaining superman powers?

Please discuss why we should discuss if marines had 1+ instead of combat when it will never apply to the game.

if you really want attention, i mean a discussion. then make this in the general section.

No.

Yes, because I could sell the cure for money.

Yes.

No.

Yes, because I could sell the cure for money.

Yes.

thank you for your insightful comments
Please, go in depth with your first and third answer as well. your reasoning is vital to this discussion as it may become a possibility in the future in case of a tremendous technological advancement that may help these "would you trade" scenarios into reality
Please, go in depth with your first and third answer as well. your reasoning is vital to this discussion as it may become a possibility in the future in case of a tremendous technological advancement that may help these "would you trade" scenarios into reality

Well, my reasoning for taking the money in the first option is because I'm big into the "have fun, die young" scene.

Reasoning for the final is because of sudo-religious and/or philosophical reasons. If souls don't exist, then I have no problem giving mine up for super powers.

Well, my reasoning for taking the money in the first option is because I'm big into the "have fun, die young" scene.

Reasoning for the final is because of sudo-religious and/or philosophical reasons. If souls don't exist, then I have no problem giving mine up for super powers.

However, the question implies you have a soul to give. i should have clarified, i apologize for not being clear.
Thank you, this discussion will go down in history. It's important for all man kind to discuss matters as important to life as the "would you trade" hypothetical scenarios.

However, I believe your reasoning "have fun, die young" will change as you grow older and experience life further. I may be wrong, but many adults also shared your views as they were younger. So i am deriving my assumptions from that.

Then again, the adults that no longer share the "have fun, die young" grew old cause they discontinued their belief in that idea.
While, the people who chose to stick with that mentality.. probably died.

Also, not giving up your soul for superman powers. For that sudo-religious or philosophical reasonings. That's crucial for this discussion. As any other reasoning would have brought a different angle of approach to this hypothetical situation.

Thank you for your time and expressing your views. Good Guy Greg

I would not. A million dollars really is not as fantastic as it sounds. Many people with advanced degrees are able to make well over 100k a year. However, I think the spirit of the question was really "would you trade life for money," and 1 million was really just an easy number to pick. Even then, I think the answer would be no. When I look at the last 10 years of my life I can see a lot of good. Lots of friends, lots of experiences. I don't think you could really put a price on your own life. It is the most valuable thing you will ever have, why trade even part of it for a new house, or a yacht.

I don't have a wife or kids, so my opinion is somewhat biased. However, I would ask them what they wanted. I think that if they could go down in history as people who gave their lives to save the world of a terrible disease they would do it in a heartbeat. However, if part of the quid pro quo was no recognition then I would certainly do whatever they wished and not think twice about it.

In case the decision was mine solely and I could not ask them what they felt I would have to say no. Cancer is a terrible thing, but there are so many terrible things in the world that, if we look at the categorical imperative as our moral philosophy (which I believe is relatively sound) then pretty soon there would be no people left to reap the benefits of no more problems.

Being an atheist, certainly. However, you stated that the question assumes one has a soul. Assuming I had a soul, and, as implied by the question, I have to make a choice between superman powers or salvation, I would probably pick salvation.

With that said, the question is really asking would you trade a good life on earth for salvation. In that case I really think I would have to pick a good life on earth. If we were all monks and nuns then nothing would get done, there would be no progress, and society would stagnate. Life for our children would be no better than our lives were, and they would almost certainly be forced into the same lives we led. If we make the world better today and forsake salvation then we have made the lives of our posterity better as well as given them the same choice available to us.