Why terran didnt QQ about chargelots before?

General Discussion
Pro's have only recently realized how op chargelots are, previously they were going heavier on their stalker count.
Terran has been whining about chargelots since chargelot archon became popular. It's just that all the marine QQ and ghost QQ muffled out the chargelot QQ.
11/29/2011 07:09 PMPosted by Ironslice
Why didn't Protoss and Zerg QQ about BFH before the icon got changed to blue?
Protoss didnt QQ, zerg did because of the slayers opening.

Result? BFH nerfed. All the zerg QQ leads to a nerf, but ONLY zerg, so I dont know why terrans waste their time QQing.
terrans started QQing about chargelots when blizzard said at blizzcon that terran ahs trouble dealing with chargelots late game.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2913172640

terrans started QQing about chargelots when blizzard said at blizzcon that terran ahs trouble dealing with chargelots late game.

Other way around. Protoss had no idea how strong Chargelots were until Blizzard told them at Blizzcon. Protoss started to use them and look for builds that centered around them and now they are the bane of Bio, Mech and really the only thing they aren't good against is Air.

The problem is to counter Zealots, we need higher tech. So we invest 400 gas into the buildings we need while our upgrades are way behind because it is a completely different upgrade path and all this just so Protoss can hit a different button on the keyboard which makes Stalkers instead.

That is the problem.
They're just used more heavily now because players have realized how good they can be. pretty much, I think
It reminds me of the time Blizzard announced KA would be removed.

Before they told everyone that little tidbit, I literally did not see a single thread in ANY forum about it, and I pretty much spent 5+ hours here back then, with a lack of anything better to do. Not a single thread.

Less than two hours after the patch notes are made public:

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIT BLIZZARD WHY WOULD YOU EVEN PUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN THE GAME WTF"

I mean, in retrospect, KA was broken. Beyond overpowered, but no one realized it yet. Before Blizzard let the cat out of the bag, no one complained. Afterwards, it was the hot topic of the forum for nearly two months.
11/29/2011 09:23 PMPosted by MicroSyntax
The problem is to counter Zealots, we need higher tech. So we invest 400 gas into the buildings we need while our upgrades are way behind because it is a completely different upgrade path and all this just so Protoss can hit a different button on the keyboard which makes Stalkers instead.

Just like how we need higher tech to counter Marines?

jkjk
JUST KIDDING. I'm not even a toss player.
But I mean, someone had to say it. Or someone would have.
11/29/2011 08:09 PMPosted by Slurf
There's a difference between whining about a unit and whining about a strategy.

Fine.

Why didn't zerg complain about Reapers before 5rax reaper was invented?

Happy?

Because the 5 rax reaper put reapers on the map. That build was rather broken againest the zerg at the time.
11/29/2011 06:54 PMPosted by Gijian
If you want QQ, then talk to any protoss on this forum for the last 3 months. Apparently, they like to QQ about EVERYTHING.

When the game first came out all the QQ could be broken down to something like this: 60-70% zerg, 20-30% terran, the rest protoss

Protoss would get a strategy nerfed into the ground and we would collaborate together and solve the problem and then we would get nerfed again and again and again making our builds much more rigid and predictable. Then KA got removed Infestor and Ghost got buffed and then once T and Z worked out a few new builds (After about eight months to a year) protoss has to play perfectly just to stay even. 1-1-1 was a beta build that was phased out cause of how easy it was to hold once we figured out how to play but all the nerfs up to now have made it much more difficult to hold.

The other races could QQ about something protoss has or has done and there would be nerfs related to that QQ (FF and colossi are the only real exemption (nerfing them would be like removing stim or zergling speed))

Protoss have gotten tired of trying to keep meta-gaming Z and T and have jumped on the QQ bandwagon like the zerg and terran before us.
Cause people weren't using large zealot counts, because toss thought they sucked, and toss also thought shields were too expensive, so the decision was meta-game.

With lowered cost of shields all of a sudden people realized how tanky toss units can be, as well they were shown that terran don't have an easy time with them via the ideology of BlizCon.

It most likely just has to do with meta-game shift. Like other meta-game shifts.

It is also the point that the Zealot isn't doing the DPS of the Army, but merely walling the army off from bioball, and mechplay is hard-er to get 3/3 at the same time as toss gets 3/3/3.
Terrans, Protoss, and Zerg typically won't QQ until someone says theres an imbalance

fix'd.
Meta game has revealed an imbalanced unit/build. The upgrade 100% Protoss buff patch im sure helped. And Terrans no longer have BFH as an option to counter the new meta game, even though they previously never used them.

So yeah, it is a problem, and justifiable QQ.
11/30/2011 07:24 AMPosted by theFaT
Troll is obvious.

EXCUSE ME!? I Sir Am No Troll!

I've heard many a diamond/master Toss player pre 1.4.2 or 1.4.1 say chargelots were WORTHLESS, and "Why bother getting Shield upgrades unless you are on 3+ bases?" "Armor is better"

While I've advocated since BETA that shields were pwn.

(PS archons were laughed at previous to 1.3.3, which is a staple of the chargelot archon deathball build.)