HotS Release Date?

Zerg Discussion
Was just wondering if anyone has an estimated release date for HotS. Because I'm getting Star Wars: The Old Republic so I won't be able to afford HotS for a couple months if it comes out soon.
dont get SWTOR, friend got the beta just awful
I played the beta the past 2 weekends and it was awesome as !@#$. I don't know what your friends talking about but he's wrong :)
I heard it was coming out early next year, not really sure though.
There isn't even a public beta for HoTS yet, so don't bet your house on it coming out any time soon. I reckon it's at least 4-5 months away yet.
I played SWTOR for 4 weekends, its ok. Most people will lost interest in it within 5-6 months at most.
11/29/2011 05:34 PMPosted by Mofojoe
I played SWTOR for 4 weekends, its ok. Most people will lost interest in it within 5-6 months at most.

Well most people probably said that about WoW when it first came out, but there are people who have been playing it for 5+ years now. As long as they regularly add new content, I think it'll be pretty successful.
11/29/2011 10:32 PMPosted by ipwntbarney

Well most people probably said that about WoW when it first came out, but there are people who have been playing it for 5+ years now. As long as they regularly add new content, I think it'll be pretty successful.

My friend's playing the beta and he's saying it's basically WoW with Star Wars characters. Meh.
My guess is that HOTS at the latest will come out by April.
Every bone in my body tells me that this expansion won't be release in 2012, sorry. Spring 2013 is my guess.
according to gamestop it's releasing on january the 12 or 16th
12/12/12
Winter is a good estimate.. winter 2012/2013 season. Blizzard is craptacular when it comes to even trying to guess cause they're so worried about getting small angry pieces of mail if they don't deliver a game "on time".

You may think "Small angry mail? that's not much to worry about" But when Blizzard services millions.. its a couple of mountains of "small angry mail".
I played Star Wars TOR Beta weekend as well. The game is very bland, standard mmo + voice acting, who really plays an mmo for the story anyways? If your into a game based purely on lore then I guess this would be for you, but if ur looking for a solid mmo you cant do better than WoW. It has a few new elements but nothing spectacular or ground breaking in any way. Dont waste your money like you did on Rift, remember that game.. Rift? The game that everyone said kicked Wow's butt in the first couple weeks after release and you know the rest of the story from there..
12/12/2011 08:21 PMPosted by PhrozenFire
I played Star Wars TOR Beta weekend as well. The game is very bland, standard mmo + voice acting, who really plays an mmo for the story anyways? If your into a game based purely on lore then I guess this would be for you, but if ur looking for a solid mmo you cant do better than WoW. It has a few new elements but nothing spectacular or ground breaking in any way. Dont waste your money like you did on Rift, remember that game.. Rift? The game that everyone said kicked Wow's butt in the first couple weeks after release and you know the rest of the story from there..

Rift died because it had such a bad game engine that playing the game was a chore. It just felt like I was playing a game from 2005. The Old Republic is every bit as good as WoW, but with an in-depth story, a really cool companion and crafting system, and doesn't have an automatic dungeon finder (some argue this is a good feature, in my opinion it just supports anti-social behavior, which kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO).
Not to mention it's STAR WARS! :D
:P i found that game very enjoyable, beat it twice, once as dark, and other was light :P