Blizz refuses major balance fix til expansion

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
It's only been 3 weeks or so since the release, so the lack of a fix so far is understood. It'll happen eventually.

But my worry is...are they only going to do minor tweaks until the release of the Heart of the Swarm expansion, and refuse to address some of the fundamental issues with the races? From what I've read, HotS will feature a Zerg campaign just as long as the one in Wings of Liberty along with some "new" multiplayer features. Different gameplay modes, more achievements, chatrooms, who knows?

That said, I'm pretty sure they will introduce at least ONE NEW UNIT for each race, along with a few different game mechanics for the existing units. That fits in with what Blizz has done in the past and I don't think it's gonna change. For sure it's gonna be more than just a single-player campaign, as there would be a lot more piracy of the expansion if that's all it was.

The problem is, there are some real core problems right now, and it needs more than a band-aid patch to fix it. I'm not saying I know exactly what to do to balance everything, but the exclusion of existing units and the introduction of brand-new units could be a possibility, especially when you consider that the Zerg specifically are lacking combat unit choices compared to the other two races. A little drastic? I don't believe so, because that's exactly what Blizzard did in the BETA; however, they seem to have went a little too far pre-release, then the game was officially released, and now they might not want to:

a) Admit it (I still haven't seen an official response to it)

b) Spend time/resources on it (Oh, you already bought the game so, too bad!)

c) Give it to us before the next expansion (You want balance? Then pay for it)

I'm really hoping that is not the case, but only time will tell. The players SHOULD receive an acknowledgement in the coming weeks of the problems and the intended fixes, as the response is too overwhelming to ignore. So Blizzard, don't !##! it up please.
I doubt that they won't patch the game all the way until Heart of the Swarm. Especially since they've been patching WoW between expansions regularly.
I doubt that they won't patch the game all the way until Heart of the Swarm. Especially since they've been patching WoW between expansions regularly.

And patched every other game they ever made (even between expansions) regularly
(even decade+ after their release).

And patched every other game they ever made (even between expansions) regularly
(even decade+ after their release).

I recall when they patched the strength of the Dryad/Druid of the Claw combination in Warcraft 3. My friend was pretty bummed because he couldn't beat me anymore. =)
I just watched the trailer and the game looks so bad...
I've played C&C3 a while back ago and it was okay...I never really hated C&C but Starcraft (and WC) are definitely better games. Their a lot easier to understand (at least for me), easier to control, and a lot more fast paced.
I'm sure that Blizzard is still going to release more patches to further improve the balance of the game, however I don't see what's wrong with the game so far unless if you really don't know how to play your race. If you know how to play your race that well they you shouldn't be complaining, unless if you're idra.

It's obviously not perfect but nothing is too off-balanced. The smarter and faster player will always usually win.

*as for adding new units, I'm sure more than 1 new unit will be coming to each race. maybe 2-3 I'm guessing. Maybe 1 combat unit and a caster//support unit.
Blizz refuses major balance fix til expansion

The title alone has no facts to back up it's claim and is just going to incite a flame war. Blizzard never came out and said 'we are not balancing the game until the next expansion' in fact what they have said is the following:

'As we go through various testing stages, the development team experiments a lot with the game balance. This can include adding, removing, and/or modifying various units, buildings, and special abilities within the game. Frequent changes to units and abilities are a natural part of our iterative development process as we strive to make StarCraft II as balanced and fun as possible.'

That's from their FAQ
i wish conspiracy theorist would hurry up and realize that big brother is tracking everything they type so they should stop using the internet before big brother engages their mind control probe.

Hahaha. For some reason I thought of Marius in Diablo 2. *looks around* "They're always watching..."

I'm sure they'll be releasing "patches" regularly. I'm just wondering if they will "fix" it with those patches, or wait until the expansion to unveil new units and gameplay mechanics to truly balance things.

I'm sure they'll attempt to balance everything out before then.
There will be fixes to help the issue no doubt. Blizzard has always been pretty good about that. However I think your right that some of the deep core design flaws with Zerg probably wont be addressed until the expansion where they can really redesign the game with new units an abilities. It's not like people didn't have go through this before with past Blizzard RTS though.
There will be fixes to help the issue no doubt. Blizzard has always been pretty good about that. However I think your right that some of the deep core design flaws with Zerg probably wont be addressed until the expansion where they can really redesign the game with new units an abilities. It's not like people didn't have go through this before with past Blizzard RTS though.

Minor things perhaps but if Blizzard finds "deep core design flaws" I doubt they'll put it off til an expansion to iron them out.
Eh... I understand the OP's concerns about balance... it almost seems like this is open Beta or something, with how much of a joke balance on certain things are...

I really hope I don't lose faith in Blizzard. They had better address things in the near future.
Once again... have some patience. Blizzard will want to get this right, and that requires work... This game has only been out for under 3 weeks... Major patches that include balance fixes include research, programming, etc... They've already patched two or three (can't remember) in the 3 weeks we've had Starcraft 2 for performance enhancement. Give the people some damn time.
It's only been 3 weeks or so since the release, so the lack of a fix so far is understood. It'll happen eventually.

But my worry is...are they only going to do minor tweaks until the release of the Heart of the Swarm expansion, and refuse to address some of the fundamental issues with the races? From what I've read, HotS will feature a Zerg campaign just as long as the one in Wings of Liberty along with some "new" multiplayer features. Different gameplay modes, more achievements, chatrooms, who knows?

That said, I'm pretty sure they will introduce at least ONE NEW UNIT for each race, along with a few different game mechanics for the existing units. That fits in with what Blizz has done in the past and I don't think it's gonna change. For sure it's gonna be more than just a single-player campaign, as there would be a lot more piracy of the expansion if that's all it was.

The problem is, there are some real core problems right now, and it needs more than a band-aid patch to fix it. I'm not saying I know exactly what to do to balance everything, but the exclusion of existing units and the introduction of brand-new units could be a possibility, especially when you consider that the Zerg specifically are lacking combat unit choices compared to the other two races. A little drastic? I don't believe so, because that's exactly what Blizzard did in the BETA; however, they seem to have went a little too far pre-release, then the game was officially released, and now they might not want to:

a) Admit it (I still haven't seen an official response to it)

b) Spend time/resources on it (Oh, you already bought the game so, too bad!)

c) Give it to us before the next expansion (You want balance? Then pay for it)

I'm really hoping that is not the case, but only time will tell. The players SHOULD receive an acknowledgement in the coming weeks of the problems and the intended fixes, as the response is too overwhelming to ignore. So Blizzard, don't !##! it up please.

It was said that they plan on a major patch 5 weeks after release. So just wait till then. If they still have not released a major patch at that point. Then I can see people getting upset.

( 5 Weeks of information gathering ect. Supposedly the patch was supposed to come with balance changes and various other things )