Lack of New Zerg units

Zerg Discussion
@ravis i agree on the air. mutas are powerful units but are so easily countered by so many things. terrans got their whole fleet made anew (with the exception of the BC) and we get 3 air units 2 of them are from SC1 (face it the broodlord is just a guardian with a new skin and a slightly better attack mechanic) and even the corrupter is strictly anti air with no useful abilities why not just name it the devourer?
Here is the new unit Zerg should have + minor changes to balance everything :

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/374722432
Can compare the NEW units each race got.
Some were grandfathered in from SC 1.

Terran
Marauders
Reapers
Hellions
Vikings
Banshees
Thors
Medivacs
Raven.

Protoss ]

Stalker
Sentry
Immortal
Warp Prism
Collussus
Phoenix
Void Ray
Mothership

Zerg

Queen
Baneling
Infestor
Corruptor
and the ever Iconic Roach

As you can see, Terran and Protoss had a lot of reimagining of their units (Dragoons got repurposed and replaced).
Not trying to QQ this up but kinda feel like zerg didn't really evolve much in the 5 year span the game went through like Terran (Who were extremely innovative in 5 years) and Protoss (Who actually REGRESSED to some of their old war techniques as well as combining the Void arts into their culture)

You forgot Brood Lord. ;p
Blizzard claims the role of the lurker is filled by the baneling and roach.

Personally I dont' buy that.

lurker was anti-small in sc1. which is the equiv to anti-light. Last thing zerg need is more anti-infantry.
It bothers me that the Zerg have been "evolving" in the lore, and yet they lost units and became weaker.

"Mwahaha evolution complete! Now our queens can't do anything, we can't evolve to lurkers, our hydras are slower, and our scourge can't fly! AHAHAHAHA-" *Killed by Thor*

At least we have mobile battle-giraffes.
i lament the weakness of the zerg. no diversity whatsoever. i bet kerrigan was doing some hard dope in those 4 years instead of making good zerg strains
I hate the stupid fact that blizzard downgraded zerg from BW and for the future expansion of SC2(zerg expansion) their probably just gonna give them back and count it has new units for zerg. Its like wtf we had these units over 12years ago.
I hate the stupid fact that blizzard downgraded zerg from BW and for the future expansion of SC2(zerg expansion) their probably just gonna give them back and count it has new units for zerg. Its like wtf we had these units over 12years ago.

that is what i fear the most Soulz that we'll again get the shaft and get old units. this is SC2 why can't we get cool brand new units like the protoss and terrans. Marauders are so cool, as are sentries.

sentries imo are the coolest toss unit, i mean come on they get two powerful spells right of the freaken bat and force field is just a cool spell too.
beacuse they can't think of any cooler ideas in their head. How about you give them ideas about new ideas, and spam it at them, saying:
"give me more!" - grey fox
they sure got a lot of cool ideas for protoss and terran. i mean cliff walking! i thought zerg were supossed to be the most mobile and we can't even walk up cliffs. and i have pitched an idea see my 2nd post. thinking of new units is hard >.> i leave that to the professionals like blizzard. and i will spend some time thinking of a new unit.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/374720808?page=5

make your idea here. If kerrigan can't do it... i'm pretty sure even a drone can.
/singed
yes its a lol reference..
Blizzard has kept the lurker out intentionally so that people will go buy HoTS.

Blizzard will also not balance the game till HoTS. For sales purposes.

Not according to Blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/374942110?page=2#25

Our intent is not to have a game with broken balance in an attempt to sell an expansion. That should go without saying. It makes me sad it isn't.

Our intent is also to not apply knee jerk fixes based on the first few weeks as understanding of the game and strategies are still in flux. The game is young, and we don't feel that it would have been helpful to progressing peoples understanding by throwing in tons of fixes based on flavor-of-the-week (or day, or hour) strats.
blizzard wouldn't outright say they don't plan to balance out the zerg until after heart of the swarm

that's just bad business
If zerg even had the same units from BW. We would be able to compete balanced.

Zerg cannot move off creep like they did before.
baneling= kills it self. total cost is like 75 and a lot of gas...bling is really only useful in group of 6 or so. thats like almost 500m and a lot of gas for just 6 blings. How is that useful in the early game. The cost sucks for the mere fact they kill themselves.

Hydra is weaker before...so is the zergling...no lurker..no scourage.. devour is the same has corrupter and blord same has guard.

infestor is a downgrade and a joke compare to bw deflier.

Please tell me..who the heck makes the 2nd game and buff the other too and make zergworse then they were in BW. Who makes these crap. Zerg race is a complete joke.

They make the overlord lose its detection and make a unit for it. Thats utter crap. Whoever was the design team for zerg, might has well admit they are biased against zerg and was probably terran and toss players in BW.

baneling= kills it self. total cost is like 75 and a lot of gas...bling is really only useful in group of 6 or so. thats like almost 500m and a lot of gas for just 6 blings. How is that useful in the early game. The cost sucks for the mere fact they kill themselves.

Hydra is weaker before...so is the zergling...no lurker..no scourage.. devour is the same has corrupter and blord same has guard.

Please tell me..who the heck makes the 2nd game and buff the other too and make zerg worse then they were in BW. Who makes these crap. Zerg race is a complete joke.

You only played 17 games? I would think only people with 50+ games would talk like this.

Please tell me..who the heck makes the 2nd game and buff the other too and make zerg worse then they were in BW. Who makes these crap. Zerg race is a complete joke.

You only played 17 games? I would think only people with 50+ games would talk like this.

I played all of beta buddy...and just recently got the game a day ago. So thank you
We got the Roach and Queen and overseer [as a nerf]. We lost the old Queen, Scourge, and lurker.
The Baneling is just the old infested terran. the corrupter is just the old devourer, the infester is just a nerf of the defiler.

4 years of evolution and the swarm has become weaker...
i don't see how bringing back old units is the solution. yea they work but its not what i want. as i have said many many times...we need gamebreaking new units. i want to feel fresh and new like the toss and terrans