Zerg Spawning Problem/Solution

Zerg Discussion
Problem:
Hatcheries always spawn larva on the bottom of the hatch.

1:This can create a few, minor problems. If you are having a ZvZ on a map where one zerg spawns north, and the other south, they south zerg would get a slight economical advatage because their eggs spawn closer to the mineral line. The north zerg's eggs hatch at the bottom and have to head all the way around the hatchery to arrive at the mineral field.
(Takes about a second or two at most, to go all the way around, and find an available mineral field, thus slowing down the time it takes to get that extra 5 minerals, by 1 second or 2, thus slowing down the time it takes to build the next drone, which has to also go around the hatchery and find an available mineral field. This time is crucial in the beginning.)

Note: Someone stated that this was tested, and after 10 minutes, the south was only 5 minerals ahead. This is because at a certain point, both side's can only obtain larva at a certain speed, (allowing the north to catch up while they are both waiting on that next larva to spawn, before they have a queen) thus balancing out the minerals gathered over a LONG period of time, but this is still an issue early game.

2:If the south zerg has enemies attacking the mineral field, and their eggs hatch while the enemies arrive, they can quickly start aiding the drones. unfortunately for the North zerg, once the egg hatches, they have to go around the hatch to help the drones. giving the enemy enough time to kill off that one extra drone or so. An example, like if a couple of mutas just fly overhead, and are attacking the drones. South Zerg is spawning hydras when they arrive, and they come out, and kill 2 or 3 mutas before they can get away. North zerg is spawinging them, but the hydras must go around the hatch, giving the enemy time to spot them, pick off one more drone, and fly away before losing any mutas.

3:Zerg cannot wall off their mineral line with buildings. if the North Zerg walls off the mineral line completely, they won't be able to get newly hatched drones to the mineral line if needed. For the south zerg the army won't be able to exit the mineral field area. (And for those that think, well nobody does that anyways, it is because they can't...)

4:If an early cheese happens, and you are spawning lings, the north zerg's eggs are easily picked off when hatched, but for the south zerg, they can more easily defend it by attacking with their drones.

5:North Zerg is able to get their army to the enemy more quickly (for most blizzard maps, because of the position of the ramp/ opening of the first base)

6:If the south zerg's drones are being attacked by banelings, the larva is more vulnerable, and can take collateral damage. The North Zerg has their larva away from the mineral line, thus reducing chances of collateral damage.

The other two races get it? why can't we?
The other two races can set their rally points in any direction from any of their buildings and have the unit come out in that direction. Zerg always spawns on the bottom, and then moves to the rally. Protoss and terran rally point's changed from SC1, why can't ours? (besides the wokers getting their own rally point)

Solution:
If possible, make there be an option to choose which direction the larva spawns, or keep it the same if that isn't a possibility, but after the larvae turns into an egg it is retracted up to the top of the hatchery. At the top you will be able to see it clearly, and select it as you normally would, except it is on the building. Then, right when the larvae is hatching, it rolls to the bottom of the hatch in the direction of the rally point. If a drone is spawning, it will roll towards the worker rally point, and the others will roll towards the unit's rally point. Once it reaches the bottom of the hatchery, it hatches. (it doesn't roll all the way to the rally point, then hatch)

This should fix the rally points, and if anyone sees any problem in this, please tell me.

To those that don't think this is a big deal
Some of you think this isn't a big deal. But sometimes those slight advantages help. Also, if Blizzard didn't care about slight advantages, they wouldn't have changed the slight advantage that miners get if you repeatedly tell them to return cargo while they are gathering. (they gather minerals about 3% faster if you are constantly telling all your workers to return to the hatch/nexus/CC while they are gathering) Or change infestors speed from 2.5 to 2.25. or they would not have changed bunker time from 35 to 40. These small issues do matter. This is just an under looked issue.
Ha, I have been thinking about this for some time now. And I agree. +1

Glad someone took time out to bring it up.
The easy answer is that larva spawn towards the mineral line... easy enough... though i have a hard time believing this really makes a difference, its not insignificant. I would suggest you go to a test area, and go to say maybe 5, 10, and 20 food with no pool just ovaies, and SEE if one or the other has ANY mineral advantage before you claim it's impact. I would need to see something concrete to fully support a change, it's good in theory but im not sure it would make any difference in real game play.
As for the walling. Use a spine crawler or spore. spine next to spine has a space for lings etc to pass through, but a spine next to a structure does not allow even lings to get by. You can use this to create a mobile door, just like Terran can lower and raise their depots.
+1

I completely agree with that idea. Because I tend to rally individual drones to optimal mineral patches (in the early game), I can clearly tell that it is a pain having drones walk all around the hatchery just to get to the mineral field. Some people can say that the small distance doesn't matter that much, but it gathers up especially if your opponent does a cheese.

For example: Your first built drone takes 1 extra second to get to the mineral patch. As a result, this slows your next drone building by 1 second (plus the extra 1 second it takes the second drone to get to the patches), by the time you have 14-16 drones (when a six pool hits), you would have already wasted 8-10 game seconds, which could cost you a few extra drones.
Did any one even read the part of the egg rolling down the hatch part then poping that would look so sweet
And yes I agree 100% if it wasn't a big deal then people would split their workers at start of game
But you realize that selecting the units when they're above the hatchery may be more difficult than you might imagine at first.... just playing devil's advocate here
01/21/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Zerg
If you are going to post about how this isn't a problem, or how you think it doesn't matter, or nobody cares, then please just don't post.

This isn't a problem, it doesn't matter, and nobody cares. :D
01/21/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Zerg
2:If the south zerg has enemies attacking the mineral field, and their eggs hatch while the enemies arrive, they can quickly start aiding the drones. unfortunately for the North zerg, once the egg hatches, they have to go around the hatch to help the drones. giving the enemy enough time to kill off that one extra drone or so.

This also has a related point where if North Zerg is trying to morph Zerglings, South Zerg can camp the eggs and wait for them to hatch, and North Zerg's Drones can't stop him.

Versus South Zerg's eggs being in the mineral line, preventing Lings from camping them because they can be surrounded by Drones.
You're talking 5 minerals .01 sec faster. Although an advantage, not life threatening, thus no change warranted. Now you worry about things which need worrying and leave the minuscule things to their own.
I posted this in the general forums, and in the zerg forums, and i get a lot better feedback here.

01/27/2012 08:55 AMPosted by TropicalBob
2:If the south zerg has enemies attacking the mineral field, and their eggs hatch while the enemies arrive, they can quickly start aiding the drones. unfortunately for the North zerg, once the egg hatches, they have to go around the hatch to help the drones. giving the enemy enough time to kill off that one extra drone or so.

This also has a related point where if North Zerg is trying to morph Zerglings, South Zerg can camp the eggs and wait for them to hatch, and North Zerg's Drones can't stop him.

Versus South Zerg's eggs being in the mineral line, preventing Lings from camping them because they can be surrounded by Drones.

This is another point.
but south zerg can lose larva to a baneling that was intended for drones!
01/27/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Oboeman
but south zerg can lose larva to a baneling that was intended for drones!
Yes it can, proving my point even more, that they are imbalanced. The south Zerg doesn't get all the advantages, North zerg wouldn't be hurt as badly by that baneling attack.
There are tradeoffs to both, and i wouldn't say that one is necessarily better than the other. However, I think it should definitely be consistent.