Kingdom Rush TD

Map Showcase
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
Not sure if aoe towers are op'ed or not. They do lots damage, but they aren't suppose to do high single target damage. They aren't really many heroic/boss mobs in the game right now. So it just seems like aoe towers are op'ed... but in the original game, aoe towers have a huge drawback. Mobs do not clump up as much since each soldier can only block one mob...i guess maybe aoe towers need a nerf. Probably a limit like it'll only hit 5 mobs at a time or something...shrugs.

Barrack waypoint will be too hard to do like the one in the original game. The location of pre-place tower is part of the strategy. They won't be all in good spots, so its up to players how they want to upgrade. Not going to do armor level like the original. Armor only comes in two types in none or armored. Picking individual levels and increased gamespeed is just more work, so probably won't add them in.
I love this map, just found it a few days ago on like page 3 *now pushing page 1* and its been really fun. Just wondering a couple of things. Would it be possible to see ALL the achievements listed in the Help tab? I got Murloc Hater *lol* achievement earlier today randomly *Oddly enough murlocs were still spawning from the tunnel at the time* and noticed the tab updated to show that I had completed it. If achievements were listed, if if they didnt tell you specificly what to do like Murloc hater *lol best Achieve* it would help us OCD perfectionists a ton. Also I find that all mages are not created equal in terms of Energy generation, the Defensive ice mage for instance took a whole icedale level to launch 1 spell cast, even when created first and in a ideal location, meanwhile the earth mage I followed it up with was pumpping out Wrath of Tenticles like crazy, Is Ice Mage's slow ramp up intended?
the mage generation isn't really tested thoroughly. :( Each spell shot has a 0.25 energy leech all across the board, and earth fire off 6 shots pretty fast. Fireball fires off 2 shots but do great damage. Air fires off 4 shots. Icebeam is a channeled beam that does little damage..maybe that's why. Will try to find a new way for water mage to generate energy.
I've noticed a firemage take a shot and gain about 75 energy from it, Do their dmg splash? Does a splash generate extra energy? As for the change to the water mage maybe you can have him throw icicles at a .2 speed or something of that nature, that way each attack is seperate and would gain energy while still being a weak attack. Also i've noticed that they will carry over the AoE cripple chance from their previous upgrade if you got 3 upgrades into it, Is that also intended? I hope so because it helps greatly
i played on this map quite a few times in the past 2-4 days, and i must say, this map is worthy of replacing squad TD as being the most played custom map in SC2 (imo, squad TD has sucked since about a month after i first played it. it needs to be replaced a long time ago).

i have yet to play all the way through, but i'm noticing these problems so far

Major issue: wulfs and karaaks walk past barracks units right after any dodge, sometimes right into their goal, causing unreasonable leakage.

seriously, what gives? aren't all enemy units (at least non flyers) supposed to stick to fighting barracks units until all the barracks units are gone? this is probably the most annoying thing the the game, and i hope you are working on this as much as possible.

Another Mayjor issue: is the third stage of the peacedale campaign bugged?

last time i played, i just insta-won the third stage. no idea why, but right after the first wave, the victory screen showed up, and the stage ended soon after. maybe this is fixed by now, but if not, dealing with this would be a good idea.

Moderate issue: players leave after a loose like the reset button doesn't exist.

from what i'm guessing, the reset button is there to allow for trying the map again after loosing with the players you are currently playing with. problem is, once the gg bomb is dropped after an imminent failure, players tend to ignore that there is a reset button, and just leave. maybe make a more noticable message saying that there is a reset button? just a suggestion to say the least.

Minor issue: no gold depositing during last wave.

i understand that there is likely a good reason that gold depositing isn't allowed a the last minute of a round, but that's alot of gold wasted between rounds, and depositing during the middle of a round can be alot like throwing away the chance at success when done at the wrong time. just a suggestion, i understand if you keep this the same no matter what.

i'll have more input if i find any other big things to post about. other than that, keep up the good work, and be sure to fix the major issues i mentioned.
Just looked at mage icebeam, it was actually using the lifedrain damage effect instead of icebeam. It now properly use icebeam effect and will slow+leech energy. The Arcane beam shouldn't carry over once the mage is upgraded..but guess it is kinda cool. Going to keep it that way.

About the wulf+karak dodging past, the idea is to slow them ahead and kill them fast. They are not meant to be tanked+aoe'd. But their dodge duration was too long, its shortened by a bit more now. They really shouldn't dodge all the way to the end.
I think as a defensive mage they should keep their defensive upgrades, like I said I really like that it carries even if not intended lol, I've noticed missle defense upgrades for artillary has a issue though... the 3rd upgrade allows them to hit air, but they can already hit air o.O Missle Defense 2 of course is unaffected by the upgrades and works as intended from what I can tell.
Update: Water mage is vastly improved <3 I love you, they actually have utility again considering shrink in itself is a awesome skill

I think the single player "Cheat" needs to be reworked to allow more towers rather then just a vast amount of gold I can solo it no problem untill last level *more on that later* but most of the time I've got max every tower and about 7k extra minerals while just spamming militia.
Not that thats a big deal but on the last level even on easy you've got to spam Missile Defense 2 to pass it solo as any sort of barracks units just fall over and die during ogre/vrykul waves. That said Barracks become very lackluster quickly during that level, the one right before that is balanced well but once you hit the gate level... /shudder.
I also gave challenge a go during solo play, its challenge for a reason I beat the ~30 waves with 49/50 leaks on easy using cheat and with my 46 star count but afterwords it just sits there, income still ticks, you can salvage/build still but nothing happens and air units are crazy on solo challenge *as they should be* but I find I could kill maybe 3 of 9 air guys getting the others into red and watching them fly into the end zone.
TL;DR, Cheat might benefit to be reworked to supply additional towers and maybe less gold instead of just pure gold. Barracks units become dominos quickly on Icedale gate level for w/e reason. Challange is never ending ever after it ends.
Keep up the good work!
Just though of another thing, killing 100 cows either doesnt work or there arnt 100 cows to kill, even in a solo game.
Just want to say this game is awesome. I found it about 3 days ago on the third page and have been playing almost nothing else, very addictive. I'm at 40 stars and can't wait to see the M.Dale campaign.

The game is very well made and a good challenge. There are some issues though.

The first I'll address is the trigger issue on the last Peacedale map. Super annoying. One wave will spawn maybe two and then it just shows you as having won. I've had this happen multiple times. It's a problem because it really cuts into the amount of mins you can deposit leaving you unprepared for later maps. I usually have over 1000 gold for the gate map. I've also had this affect the first Icedale map where it just starts spamming waves as well as having the waves come from weird directions. I had waves spawn behind the endpoint and walk straight into the end causing us to lose. When we restarted everything worked normally though, and the wave spawning behind the endpoint has only happened once.

Another issue I've noticed is that when you upgrade late level melee units they don't get the upgrades until they respawn. This is a major problem when your using Thor's to tank and you sink all your money to upgrade them but they don't have any of those upgrades when you really need them. I'll have them fully upgraded near the beginning or midway through a level and they'll stay alive until near the end, but then they die and let everything through causing you to lose. I'm not sure whether it was intentional or not to have their abilities kick in after they spawn or not, but its really annoying to put all that money into something and not have it when you need it. All the other towers in the game instantly get their upgrades why not the melee.

Something i think would be good idea would be an area around the spawn points that you cannot place militia in. All to often the players with militia fully ranked will just spam them at the spawn points in the early levels to try and hog all the kills. It also really slows down the game because only so many units can occupy the spawn zone and maxed militia can stay alive for a remarkably long time. This is really discouraging for newer players who see this and just leave because they're bored. If there was a zone that extended to the range of the first tower in the lane it would probably help lots.

In regards to the post about not being able to join as a party. Me and my friends have been making our party and then the leader creates a game of Kingdom Rush. Your party enters the game and then the host can set the game to public to fill the empty slots.

I really like the Hard Mode. It's a great way to up the challenge but only advisable if you have a pre-made party if you want to make it past even the first level of Icedale.

Again want to say Great Job. Hope to see this map at the top of the first page. Keep going with the updates and fix some of the issues and I have no doubt it will make it there.
Great map. A few suggestions.

1. It would be nice to ping or mark spawn points at the beginning of each round. I have had to point them out to new players

2. Include an auto-conversion from minerals to gold at the end of each round

3. Try a full description for the upgrade button for the towers indication HP,Damage,Range,Shots,Speed

4. Barracks- If all units die, they should respawn as the entire group, not just individually because those mobs just waste the single spawns.

5. Consider a ready button before a round begins so we can coordinate defenses with other players or at least a 10 sec delay

6. Update the HELP or info buttons on the upper left to include tower upgrade map as well as tower descriptions. I ended up making my own chart to compare damage,etc.

7. I don't understand the descriptions(damage/effects) of the Wonka upgrade for artillary

8. Range seems very underpowered. it would take nearly 40 hits to kill a ultralisk (8000HP)
Add map description on details screen or title to let people know which version they are playing so they use the newer one.
I'm up to 44 stars, And I'd have to stay that getting reapers the first wave on hardmodes, Is impossible, I've never seen it happen, But its really upsetting to know that trigger bugs are causing this map to fail right now, Every game I start, Its bugging out and sending us to the next level with things still spawning on the previous! And not only that, But I have gotten ULTRALISKS on the first wave before too, How can I handle that even with 44 stars? Its still difficult, And thats on the regular mode, No hardmode or anything, But yeah, Mage towers seem very underpowered compared to artilery, Same with ranged, Both mage and ranged need attack speed buffs, 7.5 is WAYYY too slow. If anything the mage needs like 2.5, Mages should be devouring everything on the field, Not just hitting an ultralisk every 7.5 seconds for 50 damage fully specd, Its annoying, Lightning strike needs to be turned into a psi storm at the max rank, That would make it VERY useful, I've been playing this since you released it by the way, And I think this map could be one of the best maps to ever come out on starcraft 2 for TDs. (: Goodjob!
About the wulf+karak dodging past, the idea is to slow them ahead and kill them fast. They are not meant to be tanked+aoe'd. But their dodge duration was too long, its shortened by a bit more now. They really shouldn't dodge all the way to the end.

Stage 5 is the main problem when barracks units are holding them off close to exit. Last time i played (around 5-8 hours after i made that post), the same thing still happened on stage 5. I'm also wondering why you can't build on the right side of near the exit on the same stage, as there seems to be a bit of a gap w/o a barracks there...

Also, it looks like you can deposit gold between stages 3 and 4 in campaign select, right before stage 4 starts.

Quick edit: One more thing: barracks units w/ a barracks on a cliff makes it hard for barracks units to get on the ground, and fighting enemies, u thinking about adding a starting charge ability to non-thors that allows for barracks units to get to where they are supposed to be right before they decloak and start fighting to take care of this?
@TLastHero

your points look decent, except for this one:

8. Range seems very underpowered. it would take nearly 40 hits to kill a ultralisk (8000HP)

well, i take no fewer than 20 hits to deal 8k damage w/ fire mages, but fire mages are slow, and range has the tychus tower (not sure what it's called), which attacks pretty fast. i say the damage range deals is fine
Oops! Icedale had early fliers in round 1 to test whether or not un-upgraded missiles towers will target them or not. They won't target them until they are upgraded to 3, but the fliers were left in.. which probably created a bunch of rage-quitters, sorry!

Can't figure out why a level would end in victory when the level is just starting, but the problem of weird spawns when a level is restarted should be fixed now. Cross your fingers!

Also did a quick single target damage test between fire mage, tychus, nova, missile tower 2 and lightning capacitor. Initial test shows mage+tychus did the most damage. Nova didn't do too much damage in the test, but her main attributes are crits+super long range. Both artillery did half the dps of mage and tychus. So single target-wise, range and arcane are not underpowered. Of course, there aren't really many single target mob at the moment.. so artillery still rule.
02/15/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Setho
Quick edit: One more thing: barracks units w/ a barracks on a cliff makes it hard for barracks units to get on the ground, and fighting enemies, u thinking about adding a starting charge ability to non-thors that allows for barracks units to get to where they are supposed to be right before they decloak and start fighting to take care of this?

On this note, same level if you make barracks on the cliffs on the left/right near the end those units obviously cant get down, mix that with the dodge runners and your missing a potential wall to have them stop and might save you the leaks.

Also are all achievements displayed? I know you get some for no leaking a level and I cant remember which levels I still need *if any* Also, hard map wins for peacedale lists as 1/5 completed for me, i've played at least 5 hard peacedale levels and completed them. Full peacedale campaign at least 1 *probably twice* so i'm not sure if its a display error or what. Biggest loser lists 1/9 but i've suffered "Defeat" more then that since some people actually just let the time run down and don't click restart for w/e reason.

Lightning capacitors for artillary do more dmg to magic NOT Armored as stated. So Missle Defense 2 and Lightning do more dmg to magic, drone dmg on Lightning seems to be underwhelming, maybe that should apply the dmg taken debuff like the lightning does? idk seems like a waste of minerals untill everything else is built. its better just to work on more lightnings.
Oops! Icedale had early fliers in round 1 to test whether or not un-upgraded missiles towers will target them or not. They won't target them until they are upgraded to 3, but the fliers were left in.. which probably created a bunch of rage-quitters, sorry!

Can't figure out why a level would end in victory when the level is just starting, but the problem of weird spawns when a level is restarted should be fixed now. Cross your fingers!

Also did a quick single target damage test between fire mage, tychus, nova, missile tower 2 and lightning capacitor. Initial test shows mage+tychus did the most damage. Nova didn't do too much damage in the test, but her main attributes are crits+super long range. Both artillery did half the dps of mage and tychus. So single target-wise, range and arcane are not underpowered. Of course, there aren't really many single target mob at the moment.. so artillery still rule.

Yup, The spawn problems are fixed, Thanks! And my issue with the mages is that they take so long to hit things, And because of this, Some of the mages build up energy slowly, And I feel that the attack speed should be lowered alot, Because they only hit one thing 95% of the time, And yeah, The damage in my opinion falls off compared to the artilery or ranged, Because Tychus can hit so dang fast that he can focus ones that go by quickly like its nothing, While I find that the mage sits there most of the time taking 7.5 seconds to cast a !@#$ty spell that hits an ultra for like .2% of their health, Lol. The militia need to stop missing against moving targets too, Its dumb, Nice fix on the making them flee by the way at the start of the path! BUt yeah, I just feel mages should be more expensive, But do retarded amounts of damage compared to the other towers, Or atleast splash their damage, Or make their energy attacks happen more often, They seem and feel underpowered compared to the artilery and ranged.

Edit: I'm more concerned about the earth mage, Water mage, And the wind mage, The fire mage just needs to splash and hes fine, But the other mages feel a bit weak.
meh what does drgnslyr know :P

on the notes of sides is any one else noticing that they cant see kingdom rush on the game select screen
02/15/2012 03:47 PMPosted by DrCrellMoset
on the notes of sides is any one else noticing that they cant see kingdom rush on the game select screen

yeah idk whats up, they are just ... and even my recently played is empty, along with trying to create my own game

30 minutes later and I still can't play, going into withdrawals >.< Battle.net mustve botched something with the map as it still wont display
so ya your map is bugged cause 2 of my friends can play it but i cant even see it and if they try to even invite me it gives me an error i tryed using the reapir program in the program files of sc2 but it said there was nothing wrong with my program so thus it has to be your map
I don't know what's up with it not working and displaying. Try deleteing your battle.net cache i guess. c:\ProgramData>Blizzard Entertainment>Battle.net>Cache. I just delete that Cache every once awhile. That might fix the problem.

The latest version has two modes. There's a co-op Td mode and a challenge mode. Maybe that's what screwing thing up. Challenge mode is still a work in progress atm, but you can select it.