MW3- do you like it?

Off Topic Dicussion
After trying out the multiplayer (thanks for the free weekend, activision) I can say that I don't like mw3 very much. It's fun at times, but five elements of the game ruin it for me.

1. You need to have a ridiculously high rank to get a decent ranged gun. The only gun I found that was usable was the dual machine pistols, but those felt incredibly nooby.

2. Players have ridiculously low health. It feels like the first to shoot wins, all the time. That wouldn't be so bad... except for flaw #1.

3. Teamwork is entirely absent from the game, because of flaw #2 you don't have time to assist an teammate before they're shot down.

4. It's near impossible to distinguish players from the terrain of most maps. Every map has the same cluttered and smoky aesthetic too.

5. Camping is the optimal strategy because of flaws #1, #2, and #3.

That said, my FPS of choice is halo, mostly because all weapons have advantages and disadvantages, everyone spawns with the same decent weapon, maps are easy to navigate, and it's not a quick-draw style FPS, which means teamwork is involved.

I'm curious as to how the Mw3 fans think.
this is why i like warhammer 40k space marine...

1. it takes many shots to kill someone depending on the weapon
2. it does take forever to get a decent gun but if someone kills you , you have the oppurtunity to use there equipment loadout
3. there is little camping unless you are a sniper

1. You need to have a ridiculously high rank to get a decent ranged gun. The only gun I found that was usable was the dual machine pistols, but those felt incredibly nooby.

UMP is probably one of the best guns in the game and it's an early gun, alot of the reason people think this is the lower skill cap guns are generally higher level i.e type 95 these guys encourage camping obviously you're not going to gun fight with the type95 when you're spending 90% of your games in the cornor.

2. Players have ridiculously low health. It feels like the first to shoot wins, all the time. That wouldn't be so bad... except for flaw #1.
Things like Dropshots and preaim acute minimap awareness are what makes good players lag is also a factor yes. but in almost any situation you can turn it in your favor with a trick or two. if you're talking about PC MW3 it's all about being able to aim with high sensativity if people are outshooting you it's probably because they're better players.

3. Teamwork is entirely absent from the game, because of flaw #2 you don't have time to assist an teammate before they're shot down.
This is a team game, if i duo a lobby with a friend and we're doing call outs you can completely change a game, call outs are what makes teams even if no one on your team is listening if you constantly do call outs where you die or where you see enemies you'll eventually get befriend people who play the game seriously

4. It's near impossible to distinguish players from the terrain of most maps. Every map has the same cluttered and smoky aesthetic too.
This comes with experience you learn to find that anything that moves unnaturally is something you can shoot at for a +1 spree

Camping is an OPTIONAL strategy if you're playing alone in pubs this is not called camping this is called running a route that is inbetween spawns if you have good map awarenss and know spawn locations you can shut down half the map and get big kill feeds its all about knowing the spawn locations although in MWF3 they have a payback spawn system where people can respawn right behind you or right infront of you multiple times in a row inorder to help them get kills.

ps. akimbo FMG's are the most OP noob gun in the game it doesnt require skill so saying that's the only usable gun for you is a big testament to your skill level.
I play MW3 quite a lot and usually rage quit in the first 5 minutes due to the FMG9 akimbo and ACR and MP7 and type 95, (PC) IW never patches anything so I suggest playing BF3 instead TBH.
Aside from the lag comp and payback re-spawn system which both suck incredible !@#, the game is great and I enjoy it. probably my favorite COD game to date.

Wish it had Zombies though ;)
The only COD game I ever really like was CoD4. CoD6 was alright though. As for shooters my favorite by FAR is the RainbowSix series. Whoo!
i prefer halo, it evens the terrain a lot, its a lot simpler to get into, a bit harder to master (+50% k/d), and has a better campain to-boot. MW3 is ok, i got it through a wierd story, but i mainly play spec ops when i play it. survival anyone? i get to... drum role... .... .... ... 25! by myself. with the normal friend: 20, if were lucky. with another friend on split screen: 28. him by himself:10.

but MW3 has better survival game type, halo i think has the overall. forge mode also adds a big stack against mw3.
also, forgot to mention but whenever your in kill cam because you died, you neer seem to shoot except after about 2 minutes of them shooting. just sayin, happens to me a lot. but im not accurate and i got it almost purely for survival ^.^
I was a BIG fan of cod4 and mw2 but the shine has definitely worn off for me with mw3. Pretty much everything felt the same as the previous COD games. The kill animations were still rag doll, the same sounds, the same non-destructable environments with the same measly amount of environmental bullet damage.

How cool could it have been to pull out your light machine gun and totally shred the environment? Instead we have same same superficial bullet holes that guns made back in COD4. How cool would it have been to have dynamic environments? You air strike a building and then have 3 different types of rubbled building that would appear in its place for the remainder of the game. How cool would it have been to shoot somebody and have them fall off a ledge and come crashing down with a THUMP in a cloud of dust or nail them with a shotgun and have them fly backwards crashing into a table or wall? But no, we're stuck with the same old 1997 animations.

The maps were probably the biggest disappointment. There wasn't one pure sniper map in the game (nothing even close to wasteland, afghan, or derail). The maps didn't seem to cater to team games (having your team pinned down in a firefight with the other team); they were all just run around solo and get shot in the back. In cod4 especially, it seemed like there was a sense of friendly and enemy territory and I found myself respawning with my team who were engaged in battle a lot. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everyone got UAV so there was a better sense of where the enemy was. IDK, i'm starting to ramble...

In short, I just thought they needed to innovate more instead of relying on the same old engine.

Its fun to play search and destroy with a bunch of friends and just mess around. But i also like Halo much more
Well, people seem to have hated the Wii version so I'm not even gonna try to buy it on mah console :D
02/19/2012 12:05 PMPosted by patrick
wtf are you talking about? The SCAR-L, M4A1, UMP-45, etc. are decent weapons.
This is the problem I see with most people. You need to have good decision-making. You need to find cover, go to the right place at the right time, and know when to sprint and when not.
I agree. Many other game developers do a better job than Infinity Ward and Treyarch.
Also agree.
They are rare though. Especially if you play certain game modes, players are forced to move around.
02/21/2012 12:07 PMPosted by SpringBean
I play MW3 quite a lot and usually rage quit in the first 5 minutes due to the FMG9 akimbo and ACR and MP7 and type 95, (PC) IW never patches anything so I suggest playing BF3 instead TBH.
They did patch those weapons, though...
03/15/2012 08:04 PMPosted by AdmiralNoob
people seem to have hated the Wii version
No kidding. The Wii version is by far the worst version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.