Can someone here explain the RP System?

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Alright. Thanks for the help. I'm currently constructing a character that would fit, but I'm not quite sure on how he'd fit in to some of these RP's. XD

I'll be sure to join one once I get the character worked out though.
Oh yeah..... Are my characters any good?
The Crash......... My first attempt to make an RP.... Pretty much the only RP that let's you have OP characters since everyone else is OP.
I wouldn't say my Changeling(s) are OP. Except for the Reaper because... he's the freaking grim reaper.
Alright. Thanks for the help. I'm currently constructing a character that would fit, but I'm not quite sure on how he'd fit in to some of these RP's. XD

I'll be sure to join one once I get the character worked out though.

A: Wait for a new rp to start.
Or
B: Find a place in the story that seems a good time to start.
and the next one is mandatory
C: Have fun ^_^
03/06/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Sixel
Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

NOT POSSIBLE! *Rage mode*
Well. Important stuff to know.

Character set up: SEE ABOVE

People who really know what they are doing around here:

Thundercrash
Most Used Character Type: Terran
His enemies go blind from his shear awesomeness. (Not really, they are just dead)
Excellent post length and quality.
Cloaked Love founder. (That's a big deal)
Zanon (myself)
Most Used Character Type: Protoss/Terran
Most rational individual here.
The bar owner.

Good People:

TheCommander
Most Used Character Type: Terran
AWESOME post length and quality.
HowBabysRBrn
Most Used Character Type: Zerg (Changeling)
Constantly trying to evolve character.

Almost Everyone Else.

Watch out for:

ace
He tries to be constructive, but it conflict often follows him
He is picked on more than anyone else here. Be tolerant.

WHERE AM IIIIII!!!! IVE BEEN IN THIS FOURM LONGER THAN ANY OF THOSE PEOPLE LISTED!!!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

(Sound fades as Nick stomps off into the distance.)
I have fairly good post length, and I have ok grammar. I guess my charecters suck.. LoL
I think its the fact that Ghosts are overused. They don't suck... but there unoriginal. Jay is the original Ghost. Try making something like a Corruptor character. Noone EVER makes corruptors....

But maybe thats for a good reason....
Because they fail and only attack air?

It's a former ghost, he retired and ditched the force quite a while ago.
And he mostly uses swords and railguns, not exactly typical ghost weaponry.

They also have many quirks, cloning a human protoss demon hybrid, reading, transforming on contact with alcohol. Heck, the first fantasy had multipersonality disorder and exploded when he drank a potion made by thundercrash.

If you look at jay's posts and mine they are completely different even though we both started as the same profile a ghost.

They have very unique personalities, which (I believe )what makes a character great.
I believe I am the original and only Changeling...

Now I feel really special...
03/06/2012 06:17 PMPosted by HowBabysRBrn
I wouldn't say my Changeling(s) are OP. Except for the Reaper because... he's the freaking grim reaper.

Errrr....
They all have a psi level of 10. How is that not OP?
Yeah, but they don't do much with it. Most of it is used to keep them from exploding. You have to remember they do that.
Hey Nick, you can join the club of invisible people.

*Slides over almost empty box of tissues.*

Don't think you were the first Changeling to be RP'd as on the forums. Mockingjay did one way back before you joined.
I think its the fact that Ghosts are overused. They don't suck... but there unoriginal. Jay is the original Ghost. Try making something like a Corruptor character. Noone EVER makes corruptors....

But maybe thats for a good reason....

How would you make a Corruptor character participate in speech? It doesn't even look like it has a mouth, and I don't believe they're psionic.

I used a Ghost because if I just use a Marine, Marauder, or some other Terran unit, I won't have as much flexibility, and I'll be limited to human abilities, and I'll be powerless to any sort of psionic attack.

That was just my mindset anyway.
Exactly. People use ghosts because they like the idea of a slight advantage.
Changelings are just as good and as fluid as your mind can let them be. I like them because there is so much unknown about them and that leaves you with basically a blank slate to do what you want with. All we know is that they turn into people and die out quickly. What if they could stabilize themselves? No one knows, and that idea excites me so.
As a newbie myself, the best advice I can give is to look at the RPs without posting to get a basic sense of the rules. You'll always be able to spot the trolls and such, and everyone tends to try to make sense and go with the flow.
Edited by Fantasy on 3/6/12 6:52 PM (PST)

Because they fail and only attack air?It's a former ghost, he retired and ditched the force quite a while ago. And he mostly uses swords and railguns, not exactly typical ghost weaponry. They also have many quirks, cloning a human protoss demon hybrid, reading, transforming on contact with alcohol. Heck, the first fantasy had multipersonality disorder and exploded when he drank a potion made by thundercrash. If you look at jay's posts and mine they are completely different even though we both started as the same profile a ghost.They have very unique personalities, which (I believe )what makes a character great.
Hmmmm.................... let me throw an idea out there: Spectre!.............. No they look hell of weird when they nuke stuff.