Can someone here explain the RP System?

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
*makes drinky-drinky motions*

He's special.
*spazzes, then rests again*

Oh, and thunder, What does Moirana's brown lightning do? I need to know these things!
If battle.net would stop eating my posts, you would find out.
Battle.net is a monster that goes NOMNOMNOM
>:C
gtg bye
03/10/2012 10:23 PMPosted by plasmaman
Thecommander, your explanations are soooooooooooo long.

Thank you.

03/13/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Thundercrash
Thecommander has quite eloquently stated the truth.

You too.

03/13/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Thundercrash
This is also just my suggestion, but never kill another character that is not under your control, unless it has been agreed before hand with the character's owner.

HBRB did that me once. He infested one of my side characters and I had a plot point I was going to make with him. The plot point was unless any ways because someone blow up the battlecruiser I needed. :/ Point is to be careful of who you kill or infest. For all you know, the minor character may evolve into an important one or one of a person's main characters.
Perhaps we should request sticky this.

WAY better use of space than that writing contest thing. :P
Perhaps we should request sticky this.

WAY better use of space than that writing contest thing. :P

Done.

*spazzes, then rests again*

Oh, and thunder, What does Moirana's brown lightning do? I need to know these things!

Okay, I look that up and I found brown lightning on urban dictionary. Who is Moirana?
It was a CL thing. You would need to read it to understand what he was asking.
Thecommander...
NEVER search anything in urban dictionary.
i don't even want to know what it is. Thunder was right, 'tis a Cloaked Love thing.

Jeff should come in ;)
03/16/2012 10:30 AMPosted by HowBabysRBrn
NEVER search anything in urban dictionary.

Unless it pertains to John Gabriel's Greater Internet !@#$wad Theory. In which case, they're actually very accurate.
I LIKE PIE! OKAY ONLY SHEPHERDS PIE! Also, I have been thinking that it would be a good idea to update what is happening with your characters. And everything about them to leave a fresh impression on peoples minds.
. . .
Maybe.
If you want to start a battle, it may help to something about real life combat. This is highly optional, but it may improve your RP'ing experience if you can come up with more imaginative fights. Be creative.

OOC: Okay, so I been doing research. I want to make the stories better and our battles usually go like "monster appears, we it shoot it, and it dies". So I looked up different parts of how war works and I found a few definitions that helped me understand how to run a war a little better. I'll have Zero and Jesse explain it. You can skip it if you feel like, but it's just something that got me thinking. Why am I doing this? I'm bored and curious. Thanks google and wikipedia.

IC: Zero: "Okay, it obvious we have a problem here. So let me describe the different aspects of war to you. Jesse, can you me out? Okay, first of all, you have to know your Doctrine. The Doctrine is the regulations we use in wars. We ask four basic questions, Jesse."

Jesse: "These questions are 'who are we?', 'what do we do?', 'how do we that?', and 'how did we do that in the past?' among other questions."

Zero: "Right. Doctrine is not strategy, tactics, or operations. It is the framework which unites those three concepts. Doctrine effects the judgements of professional military leaders, but it can also effect civilian leaders. There are also four factors to consider when discussing doctrine. These are military technology, national geography, the capabilities of adversaries, and the capability of one's own organization."

Jesse: "Next, we'll talk about strategy. Strategy considers many different concepts. These concepts are: to establish a clearly defined, decisive, and attainable objective; to figure out if we need to use an offensive strategy to seize, retain, and exploit the initiative; to mass a force at the decisive place and time; to have good economy of forces, meaning that you use more than the minimum essential combat power to secondary efforts; to maneuver the enemy into a disadvantageous position; to have good unity among your forces and commanders; security means to never permit the enemy to acquire an unexpected advantage; use the element of surprise and/or to hit him where his is weakest; and prepare clear, uncomplicated plans and clear, concise orders to ensure thorough understanding for simplicity. Strategy applies to a battle while grand strategy applies to a war."

Zero: "Next is tactics. While strategy is the highest level of military planning in the modern day, tactics is the lowest level of military planning. Think of tactics as short term planning and strategy as long term planning. Tactics are used to defeat a force in battle. Attacking at night, using the high ground, and attacking with the sun behind you are all types of tactics."

Jesse: "The middle tier of military planning is operational mobility. To use operational mobility is to coordinate the minute details of tactics with the overarching goals of strategy
As you can tell sometimes it is hard to draw the line between these three levels of military planning. It's like trying to explain the difference between minor tactics, tactics, major tactics, minor strategy, major strategy, and grand strategy."

Zero: "Yeah, pretty much. There is a subcategory called the executional which is defined as 'repetitive tasks that make up the operational processes'. Finally, to use any of these we need to have logistics intelligence. Basic logistics involves the integration of information, transportation, inventory, warehousing, material handling, and packaging, and often security. Military logistics include several aspects which are: the design, development, acquisition, storage, distribution, maintenance, evacuation, and disposition of materiel; that transportation of personnel; the acquisition or construction, maintenance, operation, and disposition of facilities; the acquisition or furnishing of services; and your medical and health service support. Lastly, make sure you have more access to important intelligence than your enemy. Use scouts, spies, and counter-spies to accomplish this."

Jesse: "And that's basically everything. I'm proud of you if you actually attempted to read and understand this."

OOC: Just so you know, that was the short version. Jeez...! The really long version is going here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_strategy and go through all those lists under "Warfare" and "Military history" on the right. Not even I am that crazy or obsessed enough about it to do that. The webcomic Erfworld was what got me thinking about this a lot more.
I read it and semi understood it.
03/28/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Thecommander
If you want to start a battle, it may help to something about real life combat. This is highly optional, but it may improve your RP'ing experience if you can come up with more imaginative fights. Be creative.

does that happen with my fights :)
Yeah, your fights are pretty wild sometimes. Just causing the air around Henry is pretty unique. And yes Plasma, it is hard to understand. Some people spend their whole lives in the military studying and practicing these concepts. That's why I respect high ranking officers like I do. It isn't easy.
I do not understand it completely, but I think I understand the most basic of its concept. I think.
It took me forever to wipe my head around the basics when I looked it up last night. Like I said, I knew something about it already from video games and reading Erfworld.
Well, as you should probably know, it is better to compare Starcraft to Warcraft, not WoW.
In Warcraft you had a protagonist who was "Corrupted" That was Arthas. In SC, that happened, but with Sarah Kerrigan.

Now, in WC everybody immediately saw this corrupted hero as a entire threat, and old allies wanted them dead. In SC, some are trying to save her.

Lore-wise... Just think WC in space XD