Banelings in Bronze League

General Discussion
Hi, I'm a Bronze League Terran player (Don't judge, I've had the game for like a week). I win the majority of my games, but TvZ remains a very tough matchup for me. This is because of one unit: the baneling.

Once the Zerg player scouts my base and determines that I'm going marine/marauder, his natural counter in the baneling. However, I think it is ridiculous that my best counters to this unit are marauder/siege tank, which require HEAVY micro in order to snipe the banelings. It's unfair to expect a noob Bronze player, such as myself to perform gold-level micro in order to counter the banelings. All the zerg player has to do is right-click and watch his banelings destroy my (much bigger) army.

Yes, I'm complaining. And No, I don't expect anything to change as a result of this thread.

TL;DR: Banelings in Bronze league TvZ are OP due to the unrealistic level of micro needed to defeat them. Any tips as to how I could deal with a large baneling force would help me out a lot.
Select half your army and move it away from the other half. 2 clicks, not heavy micro at all.
Press the S key once every 17 seconds per orbital command.

Instant Platinum.
Look up Darglein's Micro Trainer in custom games and play "The Split" scenario. It's not heavy micro at all, you just need a bit of practice.
Watch a few pro replays of how they run certain marines away with stim, while the others fire to kill the banes. Don't expect yourself to perform pro lvl micro. It will however give you a good idea and you should be able to head the correct direction from their.

Also remeber when you are on creep, you are on the zergs dancing floor, and zerg really knows how to dance....
03/02/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Evillemon
Select half your army and move it away from the other half. 2 clicks, not heavy micro at all.

I can't do this while they're being swarmed with speedlings at the same time. Also, why should I have to lose half my army to banelings while the remainder wipe them out? I'm still out half an army, and zerg can replenish faster = gg.
Tanks tanks and more tanks. Don't forget upgrades. All zergs fear 3-3 marines.....
Watch a few pro replays of how they run certain marines away with stim, while the others fire to kill the banes. Don't expect yourself to perform pro lvl micro. It will however give you a good idea and you should be able to head the correct direction from their.

Also remeber when you are on creep, you are on the zergs dancing floor, and zerg really knows how to dance....

This actually helps me out a lot. I never thought to use the stim to run my marines away. It seems like splitting my force actually IS the correct counter. Thanks.
If you stim back and the zerg runs into some tanks, and you hve enough tanks, the zerg will run back to base unless the opponet is amoron andthrows his units away. As soon as the zerg runs back home, unsiege push foward a little, resiege. Try to lure them into tanks again. Make sure you have medivacs and enough of them so they are not draind on energy all the time.

Push push puhs that zerg into his base tell he can no longer move out.
early banelings cost though. If you have been scouting like they have been scouting (and they are zerg and cant wall off so you should be able to) you can get fewer marines and more marauders. It's not the most cost effective way, and in higher leagues wont be good economically, but in bronze you can go much more marauder heavy and keep your economy ahead of theirs. Marauders are great soaks for banes. That might help you in your games while you practice the micro.

Have a few marines in there of course, but as another poster said -- do that split. just put 1/3rd of your army (all marauders) on a separate hotkey. When the banes come in, move your whole army back, quickly hit that hotkey, and A move your 1/3rd marauder group towards the banes. They will soak up the Majority of them, leaving your marines behind the lines with a few marauders to boot and you can clean up the remaining speedlings once your small group and their baneling group blow up. You might be able to take their base at this point with what you have left -- or at least poke in to see what they are doing and contain them. Youll be able to get that micro move down in like 5 or 6 games. Good luck!
u have the game for a week and u have 194 custom wins and 214 vs AI wins?
1. Dont make Marine/Marauder.
2. Patrol split.
03/02/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Adaptation
Also, why should I have to lose half my army to banelings while the remainder wipe them out

Because banelings counter marines, dumbass.
your army may be bigger, but i doubt its more expensive, banelings are expensive.

oh and try some banshees, zerg AA is kinda lame, especialy if they are investing so heavily in banelings
03/02/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Evillemon

Good idea, this way half your army lasts slightly longer than the other half. /sarcasm

@OP: Personally I'd discourage using MM. There's almost nothing in the matchup that a Marauder does better than a Siege Tank.

Best build in lower leagues IMO is just Hellion+Siege Tank+Thor. You don't need to worry too much about pressuring the opponent, since the Zerg's macro is probably going to be lacking anyway.