Developer Update with Game Director Dustin Browder

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
We often use special press events to pass along information about what we’re working on and what’s coming in future patches and products. These announcements are useful to the community and us alike because they allow us to reach a very wide audience. In many cases however, the message is not as deep or as detailed as we’d like, so we thought we would try some developer updates (like this one) to see if we can do a better job of communicating our intent for the various features we are working on. We have a number of updates and changes coming SoonTM to StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and we wanted to share some of them with you.

Let us know what topics you’d like us to cover in future Developer Updates. Topics that we’re thinking of covering include: Game Balance, Heart of the Swarm Multiplayer Progress, and Blizzard DOTA Gameplay.
Highly Rated
-Clan support
-Shared replay
-In-game tournament support
-In depth statistics
Highly Rated
Clan support Tag !!!
03/12/2012 11:33 AMPosted by MCMB
Clan support

This. +1. Good to see Blizzard actually listening to the complaints the community has had since SC2 came out though.
It's awesome to see that Blizzard is actually listening to the things we have to say and is doing something about them. Keep up the good work Blizzard!
Clan Support is def #1 in my opinion it would bring more people together and show you who is online in your clan
Will Blizzard consider adding more community polls regarding what new maps they want added in the pool and also what maps players would like removed?
Echoing the clan support thing!
Though not a topic in itself, I think It would be nice to be in multiple channels at once. I also think there needs to be a right click -> delete for custom channels on my list. As it is now I have a million different channels I have to sort through.
I haven't said this in quite some time... simply because it hasn't been deserved. However...

First, we’ll allow players to resize their chat windows to fill a larger portion of the screen. We’ll also remember the chat channel you were in as well as the position of that chat channel on your screen for when you next return to the game. This will allow players who want to recreate something that feels a lot more like... the original StarCraft to build their own interface that looks a lot like those older games.

Thank you.
-Shared replays and clan support!

-Shared replays

-Shared replays

and please, shared replays.
By the by, any way you can incorporate a majority of the things found in this thread? http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482

Thank you.
Glad to see something is being done about the majority of our concerns. Look forward to seeing the changes implemented and best of luck!
Shared replays. Clan support would be nice but it doesn't effect as many people
Uf. I could spend hours asking for features

- Find-as-you-type kind of search for contacts. Is very time consuming to go through a long list of contacts to find a particular one

- Fix the chat scrolling issue!

- Add statistics after game -> http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4175827720?page=6#112

- Clan support

- When I press the 'find match' button, take me to a lobby with my opponent, don't start the game right away ! Just like Broodwar, make one of them lobby host or even make both have to agree when ready to start

- Privacy for chat! I want to appear offline if i please, why everybody with my char code has to know whenever i'm online? Give me my privacy back!

Thanks!!
Personally, I'd like some degree of an update on Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA.

Shared replay and clan support are pretty high-priority among the community, however. Glad to see a response after all the "Bnet sucks" threads that have been popping up as of late.
HOTS Update please! And I'd love to hear some more info on the thoughts behind patches when they come out, so that way we know the intent of the various nerfs and buffs. Might help dispel some of the complaining.