Lag, lag, lag!

Mac Technical Support
Ok, blizzard, I have gotten some problems, and you never decided to reply. I always lag in the beginning of EVERY single game. The game starts at 0:09 and it's really frustrating. My fps stays at around 15 and I also get random lag spikes that annoy me ALOT. My other post has gotten locked and I don't know why. Blizzard, I had enough, we must fix this, and end this, once, and for all... This is the last time I'm going to post on this forum until this problem is fixed.

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)
I still have no replies
This issue is still being investigated, as we are collecting data for post 1.4.3. Patch 1.4.3 seemed to have fixed some users performance but not all. That thread is where you want to post the information needed. It may have been locked because we want one single thread for tracking. Our staff is looking at that thread for data collection still. You can post performance issues here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4079877944

In the report you mentioned that the game starts out at 0:09 seconds. This sounds like a separate issue. If this happens all the time, then it may be related to Battle.net itself. If you are wireless, try connecting directly to the modem and see if that helps.

Just as an FYI, the 9400m graphics chipset has low shader support, so it is recommended to have the settings set to low for game play. This may help improve performance if you haven't played at this setting. If it still happens, post in the thread mentioned above, so that the is is visible to the teams looking at the information there.

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
03/23/2012 06:09 PMPosted by NoTiCe
I still have no replies

There is no mac tech support on fridays or saturdays (blizz downsizing and all). So fri-sat are particularly difficult days to get support on.
I wanted to add that I have this problem as well. The game runs fine once things get started up, but the opening of every multiplayer game lags horribly, meaning that I am always starting 4-6 seconds behind everyone else. It's extremely consistent. Here are my specs, I'm playing on Medium graphics settings on a fresh boot, OS X 10.6.8:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0609
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3234
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Same issue here on a Mid-2011 27" iMac with the 6970. I momentarily lag just as the game starts and then end up getting in around 5 seconds after everyone else. My friends have told me that usually the countdown screen is shown during this time.

FWIW, this doesnt happen in windows 7 on the same machine.
Have you've tried the troubleshooting steps listed here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4079877928

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
Starcraft 2 ran fine for me for a long time, recently after a patch the game started lagging out of control. Despite the fact that I have video card processor and ram that more than meet the ultra specs and a cable internet speed I was getting 0fps in late game 3v3.

this thread helps http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7253856062

But nothing was working for me till I ran across this very useful tip. My computer was set to power saver which reduces processor power when it's not being used. For some reason the new patch in Starcraft doesn't tell my processor that it needs to be used.

right clicking on desktop, personalize, screensaver, change power settings, open up the high performance plan, change plan settings, change advanced power settings, go to processor power management, increase the minimum value to 100%.

That fixed everything for me. One issue is your computer might start to run hot, so watch your temp and only use that setting while you're gaming, turn it off when you're not.
I have the same problem since patch 1.4, besides, I lost the connection with the server very often, i restar my computer, my router, nothing fix the problem. Is so annoying because when i reconnect my army is 0 lol.