Star craft 3 ?

Off Topic Dicussion
Does anyone knows when is it coming out and if it does coming out .
They haven't even finished SC2 yet. Sc3, if there is even going to be an SC3, wont be for at least 3 to 5 years from now (at the current rate or production).

Heart of the Swarm is supposed to be released this year, I'm thinking late summer, early fall. That time period will put it between Diablo 3 and WoW: Mists or Pandoria. They will likely not ship 2 games to close together as not to siphon sales of one off the other.

So basically:

SC2:WoL - 2010
SC2:HotS - 2012
SC2:LotV - 2014
SC3 - 2016+ (if they even decide to make it)
Starcraft 2 isn't even done being released why has starcraft 3 even entered your mind?!

That is as dumb as asking when is Ironman 5 coming out
/snip

So basically:

I disagree. if you go by blizzards current track record of releasing StarCraft sequel's. it will be at least another 13 years until we see SC3.
I disagree. if you go by blizzards current track record of releasing StarCraft sequel's. it will be at least another 13 years until we see another SC3.

I think it depends on the success or lack thereof of "Titan". When Blizzard announced WoW, I told everyone I knew that it would dominate Blizzard time and attention if it was a hit. Alot has happened since then, but if Titan is as big as WoW, it will dominate their attention again.

I'm hoping they have grown enough to be able to keep games coming instead of focusing on just 1 big one.
After SC2+HotS+LotV are released. You also have to factor in that Blizzard might develop WC4 after SC2 instead of jumping straight to SC3.

So its a while till SC3.
Wait I have a newb question: what is LotV?
Legacy of the Void
I'd wager a Warcraft 4 before a Starcraft 3.
04/11/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Essence
I'd wager a Warcraft 4 before a Starcraft 3.

There probably won't be a Warcraft 4. Just another WoW expansion
WoW is a great failure when it comes to being a game. They should just end it and make a Warcraft 4.
Diablo is at least not being stashed with expansion packs.
Now SC3.....will come when they bring the lurker back. XD
/snip

So basically:

I disagree. if you go by blizzards current track record of releasing StarCraft sequel's. it will be at least another 13 years until we see SC3.

Quoted for the truth. It'll be awhile before we see another sequel.
Blizzard: SC3 will come out....WHEN THE DRAGOON RETURNS! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Players: :<
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/BLizzard-Warcraft-RTS-PC-Game,9145.html

Above is an old article, but it tells us where Blizzards thining is on one the WC4 subject.

I don't think three will be a WC4 until WoW dies. Which is a long way off considering they still are at about 10 million subs. For that reason I think SC3 is more likely to come out first, IF they even decide to continue with the franchise.
What about diablo 4? When is it comming out?
He's trolling
they could end sc2 off with lotv - we don't know yet.

and besides, there was assuredly gonna be a sc2 after BW due to all the unfinished plots, but i feel like they will end it after expansion numero 2

TBH, a WC 4, with the same rts game play as sc, sc2, and wc 1, 2 and 3 with updated graphics, engine, and a continuation of WoWs story line sounds VERY good to me
i honestly think that given how much WoW has funded blizzard and how much theyve grown that there is no way it will take like 13 years for the sequals to diablo and starcraft to be released. i mean the amount of people they can pay to work on these games is alot greater than before.
04/10/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Morg
I disagree. if you go by blizzards current track record of releasing StarCraft sequel's. it will be at least another 13 years until we see another SC3.

I think it depends on the success or lack thereof of "Titan". When Blizzard announced WoW, I told everyone I knew that it would dominate Blizzard time and attention if it was a hit. Alot has happened since then, but if Titan is as big as WoW, it will dominate their attention again.

I'm hoping they have grown enough to be able to keep games coming instead of focusing on just 1 big one.

Actually he is right it might as well take about 13 years... because they could still make updates... and even now (2013) its still not well complete... I say it might as well come out around 2020 - 2030...