Zurvivor Zerg: Rebirth Official Thread

Map Showcase
@ Xparky:

I don't really see anything wrong with the Brood Lord farming. It's true that I didn't make the game so people would farm kills from broodlings, but then again I've seen many people fail at it because they let too many Brood Lords pile up. Furthermore, they won't get any vespene and the exp gain will be kinda slow too, so if they get another hero, it will be kinda weak for a while (special heroes start at level 0). Controling more heroes also requires more microing and multi-tasking, so having a low AMP can make it troublesome. I don't see any reason to change it right now.

I've been thinking in giving players that win the game terrazine (possibly varying with the ending they get), but it'll remain an idea until I find some use for it. The changing difficulty idea seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. Many people suggest custom skins for heroes, but I already used all the ones the game has, and it would require 2 extra ones per hero (26 extra models for the current version) for the standard and zurvivor heroes. Also, custom models tend to have a rather large file size (bigger file size = longer download and loading time).

Anyways, it's good to see you like the game, and thanks for playing
@ Xparky:

I don't really see anything wrong with the Brood Lord farming. It's true that I didn't make the game so people would farm kills from broodlings, but then again I've seen many people fail at it because they let too many Brood Lords pile up. Furthermore, they won't get any vespene and the exp gain will be kinda slow too, so if they get another hero, it will be kinda weak for a while (special heroes start at level 0). Controling more heroes also requires more microing and multi-tasking, so having a low AMP can make it troublesome. I don't see any reason to change it right now.

I've been thinking in giving players that win the game terrazine (possibly varying with the ending they get), but it'll remain an idea until I find some use for it. The changing difficulty idea seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. Many people suggest custom skins for heroes, but I already used all the ones the game has, and it would require 2 extra ones per hero (26 extra models for the current version) for the standard and zurvivor heroes. Also, custom models tend to have a rather large file size (bigger file size = longer download and loading time).

Anyways, it's good to see you like the game, and thanks for playing

LMG I would like to say that if you DO Add Terrazine that would be an epic idea. The Terrazine could be spent on cool add-ons (Nothing to give that person any favor in the game of course) but maybe instead of skins, add like things like Hats. Of course, you would PROBABLY Have to make these yourself lol.

P.S. Sorry I haven't been testing lately. I never see your message or im in an Intense game of LotRish. (Like Today I didn't see your message) Anyway just thoughts to think about!
Skins would increase the filesize by a lot (mostly due to how many I require), so I don't think that'll happen
Can a mod please move this thread to "Arcade Game Showcase"?

Thanks
Fantastic! and I do mean Fantastic game LMG. I have browsed the threads but honestly not read through them all....but I have played dozens of solo games testing the limits of how to solo the characters offered.

This game is awesome for many many reasons, the main addictive quality being that it's intense! Having not only the ability to modify strategy to kill the hordes of incoming, but sometimes being forced to modify due to player amount/experience and yet still being successful and winning the game is very gratifying.

I played an RPG on sc2 that had similar qualities to this but was slower paced, which since i'm here to credit your game map I will not name.

I have 2 questions, how long did it take to make this map? Second, how the hell do I use a pre-made map such as yours and modify it, if that is not rude?

I have a very specific game type i want to create that is all about survival such as your map is but base it more around player's teamwork being beneficial and bringing back the ability to kill other players. Ultima online...was a game that required players to not only be proficient at their roles but to be helpful to other players in order to win. I want to make a survival game that has teamwork goal orientation as an option but does not make it beneficial to just stand there and shoot things while someone else spam heals you...i.e., if someone is healing you while you are making kills...the exp is shared to a point and the amount of damage players do to units also distributes the amount of exp to the player dealing the damage.

I have no idea if these minute details are possible in the sc2 map editor but I would like to try making a game.

thx ttyl

GREAT map! oh and as for every character being able to solo? stalker...c'mon that's insanely difficult to solo from the get go.
@PrinceAlbert:

It's good to see that you like the map. About how long the game took to be created, it's a little more complicated than that. I took the map out of Beta after about a month, and it was pretty simple compared to now. Since then, I've expanded the gameplay and added lots of features, like the Extra Abilities, more heroes, the second ending, and the second map. In short, it didn't take long to create, but it did take quite long to bring it to what you see today.

To open a map in the editor the author of the map must publish it as "Unlocked". Most map makers publish their works "Locked" to prevent someone from modifying it and publishing as their own. My game is Locked, but if you need some help I can give it. By the way, it is possible to give experience based on damage inflicted, but due to how many enemies are in ZZR and the high amount of health some have I opted for shared kill-based experience for easier balancing.

Stalker is a Harassment unit and works better as support, so it's role can make it difficult to stand alone for long periods of time sometimes. If you're having problems soloing you can always get some mercenaries, they are there for a reason ;)
Please fix the ridiculous team killing system.

I have now been kicked four games in a row for "team killing" as an SCV because players keep getting killed by my siege tanks. Not to mention that the bases I make are rather great since they make it into the 3 minute mark.
@Kyrator:

Sorry, but the teamkill kick system is staying. If you get enough teamkills that the game kicks you out, it means that you are most likely hurting your team way too much. Furthermore, there's several ways to prevent friendly fire. Siege Turrets have the ability to Hold Fire in order to prevent them from killing allies with the splash damage. You could try putting them in a control group and turning it on whenever there's Brood Lords around and off when they are dead (in case you don't have the Smart Shells upgrade yet, which completely removes the friendly fire). Allies can also control Siege Turrets, so they can turn it on or off as well.
Nobody else should be allow to control scv turrets. Players have been using the scv's turrets to troll. For instance trolls using siege turrets to destroy the base, and nobody would know whose doing it.
11/12/2013 03:05 AMPosted by CapMorgan
Nobody else should be allow to control scv turrets. Players have been using the scv's turrets to troll. For instance trolls using siege turrets to destroy the base, and nobody would know whose doing it.

Unfortunately it also goes the other way (SCVs attacking allies without them being able to do anything), which is one of the main reasons that it was included. There's no real way around it, but at least right now players can keep the trolls from doing too much damage, even if it requires them constantly redirecting the Siege Turrets. In any case, I might redo most of the Builder hero in the next Zurvivor Zerg to adress these types of issues
scv need more money to bulit.
04/04/2015 03:50 PMPosted by mannyliang
scv need more money to bulit.

When it becomes a Zurvivor it gains additional Mineral Income, if I recall correctly
what is the name of easter egg songs??
08/10/2015 07:06 AMPosted by FALLOUT
what is the name of easter egg songs??

They appear in-game when they play. Also, I'd have to know which Rebirth map you're talking about so I could tell you
LMG i've enjoy ur game a lot over the years, tyvm for doing it. I can't remember the name of the Metallica song that was part of the easter eggs, can you pls tell me?
02/03/2017 07:22 AMPosted by JGB
LMG i've enjoy ur game a lot over the years, tyvm for doing it. I can't remember the name of the Metallica song that was part of the easter eggs, can you pls tell me?
No Leaf Clover
Seems like maybe instead of scv getting more money how about cheaper buildings? Seems like they don't scale to we'll in the middle part of the game and can't build a Kool base because I'm always running
05/01/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Onfire
Seems like maybe instead of scv getting more money how about cheaper buildings? Seems like they don't scale to we'll in the middle part of the game and can't build a Kool base because I'm always running

It's been so long since I worked on Rebirth, so I can't recall the original reasoning behind Rebirth's SCV. That said, the game did undergo a balance review when I made the sequel, Zurvivor Zerg: Evolution. It made the SCV work around upgrades rather than experience-based buildings.

On Rebirth, each building gained experience by killing enemies, so the turrets with the most kills were the strongest, and brand-new ones were the weakest. On ZZE, you get an upgrade and that upgrade applies to all structures that support it. That means that buildings are always at their current top performance, and non-turrets also can benefit from some upgrades like structure armor.

In both games the SCV is at his best while fortifying an area rather than relocating, so if you're having trouble once the base goes down it's supposed to work that way. However, in ZZE with the upgrade system and the fact that he can summon a Diamondback he has the means to make a comeback if he's given the time to rebuild, something he couldn't really do back in Rebirth.