What is a map hack?

General Discussion
I'm starting to see people post map hack issues. Can someone please explain to me what a map hack is? What does it do? And in which type of match is it most prevalently used? Please don't tell me to google map hack because every time I do it always gives me links to dl the hacks.
It removes Fog of War, or keeps Fog of War but lets you see what your opponent is doing.

Knowing what your opponent is doing at all times mean you have a very unfair advantage as you can counter what they are building, if they are expanding, etc.

Having this knowledge in a ladder game is blatant cheating as everyone is at a disadvantage except the hacker.

For example, lets say you wanted to have a sneaky expo to the high yield. So you toot your SCv over. But the map hacker will see that you are expanding and destroy your expo. They see you building Void Rays (or teching for it), they will have first hand knowledge.

There's a variety of other functions that Map Hacks do but they aren't as important.
well that's just ridiculous! People have waited for nearly 12 years for this game and hackers are trying to ruin it again! is there an actual way of knowing if your opponent is actually map hacking? And is there anything I can do to prevent my self from becoming a victim?
well that's just ridiculous! People have waited for nearly 12 years for this game and hackers are trying to ruin it again! is there an actual way of knowing if your opponent is actually map hacking? And is there anything I can do to prevent my self from becoming a victim?

Somebody mentioned above about checking replays and see if they are looking at a Fog of War continuously.

But one map hack I've researched comes with a "camera spoofer" that hides the hacker's camera from people who would check replays. So replays are quickly going to be outdated.
well that's just ridiculous! People have waited for nearly 12 years for this game and hackers are trying to ruin it again!

Hackers have been preparing for 12 years for this game too.
And is there anything I can do to prevent my self from becoming a victim?

No, just watch replays if you feel that the opponent is map hacking. Usually they watch your fogged base (which is what it looks like during the replay), but actually they scan see it like you're replaying it.
Isnt that the Orbital Command ability?
you are not the Husky that does a ton of SC2 game broadcast are you? thanks for the advice btw
you are not the Husky that does a ton of SC2 game broadcast are you? thanks for the advice btw

No, just troll. Real Husky uses "Huskies" nickname.

No, just troll. Real Husky uses "Huskies" nickname.

Russians are usually right, so I'm gonna go with you on this one