Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
10/02/2012 03:18 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Just because it follows it doesn't mean you have to read it...but from what I've read it's doing pretty good and I'm liking. So even if it has some small tid bits and there from a certain book so what, just read it and have fun.

I know, but it would be more intriguing to me if it followed.

10/03/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Zarkun
To answer your question, no it doesn't follow the bible. Just because someone uses their names doesn't mean it has to follow the bible. You should consider reading because you think it would be a good read, not because it "follows the bible." Man, that's a poor reason to read a good story.

But... who would use Cain and Abel... then not follow the Bible? I am considering reading it because it is a good read. It would just be more entertaining to ME if it followed the Bible.

Sorry I ever said anything, lol. No harm no foul?
No harm, no foul.
Well... Sorry, but the posts on this Story will get a little delayed. The reason? Because I have to work on a paper, and the story on World's end.

So for now, use a question and answer. I can answer any question on the story, or ideas behind characters and such, but do not ask any personal questions, or use any profanity. Keep things to a PG level also.

I will answer questions about the future of the story as well, but I will not give out too many spoilers. The main plot will not be compromised, but I can give some information not pertaining to the plot.
lol... okay, you are insisting I ask questions so here it goes.

Why did you use Cain and Abel, but not follow the bible?
lol... okay, you are insisting I ask questions so here it goes.

Why did you use Cain and Abel, but not follow the bible?

I never insisted you ask questions, I simply said I would do this until I have more time to write longer posts.
But anyways.... The importance of Cain and Abel was the biblical metaphor, the brother that kills the other. Cain, as shown in the memory sequence in a way, kills the first Abel. Secondly, I like the names. There is no real, other reason other than a small bit of irony in the storyline that I chose the names. (Don't spoil!)

Anyways, if one looks closely, you can see several biblical metaphors, in this story, and the future chapters. But writing a starcraft version of the bible? Do you seriously think I could do that?
No, I dont think you could do that. BUT... if you did... I would have an all new respect for you. hahaha.
Should I edit the story and post it somewhere else?
Tell me whatcha think.
I'd start a new thread if that's what you're asking. It couldn't hurt. I enjoy it. In fact, I was wondering where you got the inspiration for the setting.
First post of the thread Zarkun, there are extras there, and I occasionally add them.
God... Writers block is annoying.
Expect a chapter in a few days.
Whats writers block?
When you write a story and can't think of anything. It's horrible. I have it currently as well.
Oh yeah... I have that all the time :\

except I usually think and plan the whole story, then write out the details and stuff.
Well, with an actual story, as RPs are slightly different, that isn't the case.
at this point I am thinking about posting a summary, and posting only the main important parts of the story.
If I get the inspiration later, I might convert part of this into a book.
If that's what you need, then do it. No need to kill yourself.
06/12/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Fantasy
-
10/27/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Zarkun
Well, with an actual story, as RPs are slightly different, that isn't the case.

I know, I was talking about stories...
Actually, sorry if it wasn't clear. I will skip through the world of darkness because only two more things happen that are important. Everything else will still be linear in a story format. Just clearing up misunderstandings.
Give me a summary of this story in 15 words or less to put in active stories.

If you need examples go to the thread.