For Glory, Honor, and Home

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
"Sadly I am the last Cerebrate. The Queen of Blades did a good job of exterminating my kind." "My survival and me being in this Terran are linked. You see I created a small creature that could house my mind and survive long periods of time in space and also transfer my mind into another creatures body. After the Brood War as the Terrans call it a Terran scout ship was sent to the asteroid field were it found me and took me to a containment facility and put my in Cryo Stasis. I awoke to find this Terran here trying to take me apart and he became ahhh lets just sat it like this, an unwilling host." "Hey im not just some Terran, I have a name unlike you Zerg!!!!!" "Only Cerebrates like the legendary Daggoth or Zasz gets the privelage of a name Terran!! The fact that every Terran having a name is.... odd to me."
I rolled to another piece of cover as soon as the suited man fired the thing at me, it tore a whole in the cover I was just at. "Damn, just my luck. First this and that, and know this."
09/04/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Zarkun
I leap backwards, avoiding the falling giant. "Nice trick. Now how about keeping it simple?"

The massive juggernaut removed his hammer from the newly formed crater, then tilted back his head. A Psionic Roar was let loose that would drive fear into the hearts of most men, then he charged forward with devastating speed and determination.
09/07/2012 04:09 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I rolled to another piece of cover as soon as the suited man fired the thing at me, it tore a whole in the cover I was just at. "Damn, just my luck. First this and that, and know this."

You heard the shifting metal of the metal monster.
"Make a move, little man. I'm starting to get impatient."
A "Vwooooom" noise rang out, which became synonymous with it's deadly railgun.
I roll aside, letting the behemoth's momentum carry him into my out stuck foot, tripping him up and placing him on his face. "Wow, straight froward. Might of worked if I hadn't seen what you did to my men."
I started to sneak, making sure the man couldn't see me. I then noticed something lying on the ground, it was a electrical cord. Leaping from cover I grab the cord, I then jumped at the man. The cord was in hand and I put it up against his metal helmet.
"I find that any creature deserves a name if they wish to have one. What is your goal, now that you are the last Cerebrate? To reunite the Zerg? To save the sector from this massive invasion force?"
"I was not expecting the cursed UED to come back to the sector. My goals are to dethrone the Qyeen of Blades and to take her place and maybe even recreate the glorious Overmind but I have a question for you. What is your goals and origin for I would greatly like to know how such a unique Zerg was created and how you came into possesion of such a large Brood???" "Hey Mrs. Cerebrate????" "What is it Terran???" "How would you challange the Queen of Blades, she destroyed the entire UED expeditionary fleet as well as crushed the Protoss and the Dominion, and your stuck In my weak body???" "Well I think I already said this but I will make some, modifications to your body to fit my needs." "Wait WHAT this is still my bod....." "Sorry about that he is so weak and pitiful but I can't be choosey."
"An accident on the battlefield gave me the ability to freely think, and large psionic powers. From there I only improved. My goal as of now is to stop this UED menace, and to reunite the Zerg as one again, allowing all free will. I found my Brood on the ocean planet of R'lyeh, cocooned beneath the waves; what remained of a failed Hive attempting to evolve. I saved an nurtured them underground, among vast stores of psionic crystals and elements, and then brought them to the surface; conquering a UED expedition force I attracted."
OOC: Hey Nikola want to join Feral:The Need to Surive????
OOC: Maybe :S I just have a little bit of a hard time staying relatively caught up with the ones I'm already in, but I'll join if I find the time :D
09/08/2012 05:46 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I started to sneak, making sure the man couldn't see me. I then noticed something lying on the ground, it was a electrical cord. Leaping from cover I grab the cord, I then jumped at the man. The cord was in hand and I put it up against his metal helmet.

There was no effect against him.
"Ha, you think something like that was gonna work?"
He continued to laugh as he leveled his railgun with your chest.
You close your eyes, accepting it's lost.
Metal being torn apart could be heard, but you thought nothing of it, waiting to die.
Nothing happens. The laughter was gone.
You open your eyes and see that there was a large piece of shrapnel jutting from it's forehead.
He collapsed, you jump back, barely avoid being crush.
Behind him stood the principality, with a rather large hole in his chest. Blood pooled at his feet, adding to the already gory scene of the hall.

(Sorry for taking control of your character, just wanted to add to affect.)

09/07/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Zarkun
I roll aside, letting the behemoth's momentum carry him into my out stuck foot, tripping him up and placing him on his face. "Wow, straight froward. Might of worked if I hadn't seen what you did to my men."

The man-best quickly recovered. He roared like a wild animal, immediately followed by him swinging his hammer in an arc over his head. Blue energy shimmered from within the veins of his colossal weapon, and as the arc completed in your direction, almost weightlessly, he flew directly toward you with blinding speed.
It's ok Avikon.

IC: I saw the Angel. "!@#$, this is such a mess." I was on the ground.
The Principality slumped over. The metal on his legs meet the neosteel of the battlecruiser with a 'Clang'. He held out his hand, it was a small datapad.
"Codes... to the crusie-"
His voice was cut out and replaced with wet coughing.
"Don't... let those... damned traitors.... have it."
He placed it in your hands with extreme grace, despite his bulky armor.
"I sparred you. Now... repay me..."
He completely collapsed.

The first of the Angels has died.
I duck, swinging my scythe up and giving him a nasty little cut across his left eye. (Not harmful, I swear, though that's up to you.) "Something to remember me by."
The attack left both of the combatants open, but Sergei recovered quicker.
He brought he strength to bare, slamming his fist into you stomach, smashing a few ribs and sending you flying backward.
"A token of my remembrance to you."
You see that the rest of the Angelic figures are nearly done with their quarrels, and that you'll be outnumbered soon.

OOC:
I'm not going to put "(Part 2)" in the title of the next thread.
Though that shouldn't be too confusing, right?
The rest of the Cruiser was in turmoil, my men were fighting for their lives and they just sent a report in. The last of them were holed up in the armory. I grabbed the intercom and everyone including the enemy could hear.

[This is Bryne, we are taking the ship from you ungrateful pigs. This is now Serenity. The rest of the colony hear me out, we are survivors! We will do anything to survive. And I have one inhumane request to get rid of this presence, gas them.]

I pressed a button and some fumes were leaking into the locked armory, the doors were locked down and the traitors couldn't escape. The screaming could be heard.
I flip mid air and flinch as I land, feeling at least three cracked ribs. "Your confidence is remembrance enough. Even the mighty fall." Suddenly three stalkers blink in and face me.

"You Terrans lied to us!" Right before they fire, marauders take them out.

"Frak, Tal'Darim."
Sorry Zarkun, but I want to wrap up the whole Artifact search.

IC:
Protoss air forces began to roam the area, Carriers were approaching from the "horizon".
The elite strike force began to make their way further o the Nexus-like structure which housed their objective.
You picked up their radio traffic. A women was speaking, he voice was soft, but defiantly urgent.
"Sergei, we need to go, now!"
"I vill be along shortly. Let me deal with this dog."
"If we stay much longer, those Protoss Ships will be having a field day with us!"
"...Fine"
The massive man turned away form you, and before you could react he had fired his jetpack, nearly caching up to the rest of his team.
They easily evaded any aerial attacks and ground opposition with the aide of their nimble wings. (Save Sergei, who simply smashed though everything in his way.)
As they breached the inner base, Vyctir yelled out a single phrase, which let the whole team know his plans.
"Smash and Grab!"
Sergei barreled toward the pinnacle of the gigantic structure, and with a single swipe of his hammer blew the whole damn top off. Draco swooped in, heaved the huge object with a single hand, and made way (Incredibly fast) to the rally point.
The rest of the team followed suit, minus a Principality who was stricken by a Colossus' beam.
Four Principalities had died on this mission, more than any other mission combined.
This was testament to the fact that they were in fact mortal, diminishing morale among anyone who knew about it, though such knowledge wasn't allowed to drift through the lower ranks.
All good.

IC: I simply watched at the Tal'Darim forces chased after the group. "Fall back, mission failed." I was loaded onto a medivac and put into a healing solution to help with my ribs. Damn, so close.
I had the rest of the men do a quick sweep as the traitors in the armory were suffering from a slow death. I had already prepped a casket for the Angel to be sent out into space.

[This is Bryne speaking again, we will be having a vigil once we have secured the ship, in the mean time I want all wounded to go to the med bay. And then I want any engineers to make sure that the Wraith's and Drop Ship's are in working order. Tomorrow we do a Guerrilla Raid.]